• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Bu-bu-bum-bu-bum-bum-bu-bu-bum-bum BUM BUM BUM BUMMMMP!
Seriously though, I havent found anything on this yet.

Is there any possible way of editing the text that you get whenever you are deafeated. The text that appears in the black screen that reads: "You protect your fainted Pokemon from further harm" or something.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Bu-bu-bum-bu-bum-bum-bu-bu-bum-bum BUM BUM BUM BUMMMMP!
Seriously though, I havent found anything on this yet.

You could simply use A-Text...
If that doesn't work for you for some reason try using a Hex Editor to search for the text in the ROM.
(That is, if you have a Table file using HEX editor, if not you'll have to translate the text into HEX, then search the HEX in your rom...)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Is there any possible way of editing the text that you get whenever you are deafeated. The text that appears in the black screen that reads: "You protect your fainted Pokemon from further harm" or something.

In Fire Red, the text is located at '0x41B5B6'. There is a copy of the text directly above it but changing it doesn't appear to make any difference in-game. Though I suppose it couldn't hurt to edit both just in case. Oh, and in case you want to repoint, I found the pointer to the that text at '0x07F578' (and the pointer to the copy is at '0x07F53C').

Drithlan

Self Proclaimed Cartographer
Years
When making your own rom hack how should you set the offsets for the scripts?

Should I place the scripts as I go? or Should I clump similar scripts together? Should I offer a sacrifice to the gaming gods? I don't know!

Please know....

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2010
in advance map i've noticed that if you edit a map like the entrances to the underground path in firered or the pkmn centres that all maps the same will change along with it. is there a way to get around this?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Looking for the UNLZ offsets for the sevii island world maps, battle backgrounds and the battle box (where the hp/exp bar are)

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
Is there a mapping tool for R/S/E/FR/LG that randomizes the Pokemon on the route (or is there a way to do it in Advanced Map?)

Kind of like on Crystal Map you can view the Pokemon, put it the level range you want, then hit the Randomize button and it will put random Pokemon on the route in your level range. Any Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Celebi.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
hi

I have two questions dont know if u can help me but u might

1º- in advance map why doesnt the people stay where I define ?

2º- when the game beggins(FR) theres a script with Oak. how do I make this kind of scripts (I mean how do I hide someone until the player steps on determined area??)

maybe these questions are stupid sory im a begginer :P

thank u ;)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Looking for the UNLZ offsets for the sevii island world maps, battle backgrounds and the battle box (where the hp/exp bar are)
You can't find the world map tiles and tilemaps in unLZ but you can follow this tutorial (using the Sevii Island maps, of course) to find them both and for all three Sevii Island world maps.

Where can I find a detailed list of UNLZ offsets?
That depends on which game you want a list for. Here is one for Emerald but you'll have to search the Tutorials and Research & Development forums for lists for other games.

Is there a mapping tool for R/S/E/FR/LG that randomizes the Pokemon on the route (or is there a way to do it in Advanced Map?)

Kind of like on Crystal Map you can view the Pokemon, put it the level range you want, then hit the Randomize button and it will put random Pokemon on the route in your level range. Any Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Celebi.

Not that I know of. You could always just use random.org though.

hi

I have two questions dont know if u can help me but u might

1º- in advance map why doesnt the people stay where I define ?

2º- when the game beggins(FR) theres a script with Oak. how do I make this kind of scripts (I mean how do I hide someone until the player steps on determined area??)

maybe these questions are stupid sory im a begginer :P

thank u ;)

1. There is most likely a level script that moves NPCs around based on certain conditions. For example, if you play through Fire Red, you'll notice that the girl in Pallet Town moves around quite a bit. First she's down by that sign, then she's up at the entrance to Route 1, and then later she's walking around somewhere else. If you edited her Person Data, then your new person will still be moved around as the girl would. In order to get around this, you can either create a new person entirely or you can disable the level script but the latter might be a little difficult if you're just beginning.

2. A person will be hidden if the flag in the Person ID box is currently set. If this doesn't make any sense to you, then I recommend reading a scripting tutorial as most of them will cover the subject of hiding NPCs. As you can imagine, it's a very popular idea.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
That depends on which game you want a list for. Here is one for Emerald but you'll have to search the Tutorials and Research & Development forums for lists for other games.
I'm looking for a FR list.

I did do a quick search of Tutorials and Research & Development forums,
but I didn't find anything. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back