• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I think you should just do like Koolboyman did with Prism. An unavoidable hard coded screen saying that the hack is free and shouldn't be sold, so pirates could never sell it without their victims being able to realise it.
I'll think about it. But I don't think it really makes any difference because no matter whether they will found it out right after starting to play, or not, doesn't mean they would get the money back they paid for it.

Besides, hardly anyone wouldn't recognize a hack from a game. A totally different thing is, if they think they're buying a totally different game and get Dark Energy in the place of it.

I mean that I sent you rom with recolored pokemons and hoped that it'll be in next beta ;).
Oh, yeah! About that :)

I'm afraid I don't have the ips-patch, that you sent me, lying around in this pc so if you could re-send it, I could check it out again. Though I do believe that I have it in another pc.

Most of the pallete changes appealed to me but there are also those which I personally wouldn't want to change. I think that what I will do is to apply that patch to the hack and change some palettes back to normal later on.

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Most of the pallete changes appealed to me but there are also those which I personally wouldn't want to change. I think that what I will do is to apply that patch to the hack and change some palettes back to normal later on.
Y'know, today I watched this image which shows changes and thought 'Some pokemons have crappy new pals' {XD}.
In fact, I started to make version for clean rom but never finished it. Maybe when I'll have Christmas Holiday at my University ;)...

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
I'm going to check it out now, it looks great. I haven't played a GBC in awhile.
20 minutes in the game is great, thanks a lot.

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
I'm going to check it out now, it looks great. I haven't played a GBC in awhile.
20 minutes in the game is great, thanks a lot.
Sure, no problem! :)
I made the hack for my own fun mostly. Glad to hear you like it though.

Anyways, I've got an idea that I'd like to get a little bit of feedback on. I think you (if not all, most) are going to like it, but I'd still like to know if you guys see it worthy of doing or not. I've been thinking about the functionality of the Battle Room. As everybody who has played the game (and used it) knows, it works so that you choose which mode you want to fight on, and then the game randomly makes you face one of 5 possible opponents (of that mode). If you win, you'll receive some Battle Points (BP), but if you lose, you simply won't get any.

But here's the deal;

I picked up the idea of Battle Room from Final Fantasy VII. There is a place called "Battle Arena" in that game. It works so that if you enter, you're made to battle randomly chosen enemies and each time if you win an opponent, you're forced to continue with randomly chosen handicap. I was thinking of implementing a very similar functionality in DE.

It would work so that you choose which battle mode you want to participate in. Let's say, we choose "Novice" mode. There are five opponents in that mode and we are made to fight three of them. First, the game randomly picks up either opponent no. #1 or #2. If you win, you're made to go on with a handicap and face the next opponent, no. #3 or #4. If you win this time as well, you're given another random handicap and you'll get to battle opponent no. #5. If you win, the mode is over and you'll get all the possible BP you can get. If you lose at one point or another, you won't get that much BP. You'll receive a certain amount of BP every time you beat your opponent, depending on how strong that opponent was. And participating costs a little bit of money, so it's always worth a shot to make it all the way to the end.

But that's it basically. I was thinking of handicaps such as halving either max HP, Str (original Attack), Def, Spr (orig. Sp. Atk), Int (orig. Sp. Def) or Spd of ALL pokemon. The reason for halving and not for example reducing the values to 75% or something similar is because of "memory usage problems" only. I know of a good way to save space so that each change would only cost me 7 bits of RAM (if it makes any sense, hahha!).

But yeah, if you like the idea, "Like" this post, or post a comment or something :) If you think that Battle Room is good the way it is and you'd rather not see me do this, reply about that too. I don't want to spend time doing something that's not worth it at all in the end. However, making this should be fun since it should be good exercise (especially implementing the "handicap box" functionality that randomly draws the chosen handicap depending on the time the player presses A button for instance) for further development.

Other than that, I haven't done much planning yet, but after taking a look at my notes, there aren't that many things to be done for beta 4.1. I should have an improved version out soon (not that it would really change much, the biggest, and real issue with beta 4.0 is pretty much the fact that Battle Room is not self-explanotary and I want it to be like that for the next release).

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Wait so this means that the battle room becomes a challenge? Well imo It will lose its purpose which is training pokemon :) a better option is that you will be given a choice whether you want to continue and it will be a "double or nothing" state which will make you lose all the bps you collected if you lose or you can also choose make it an entirely different mode as to where you can make it a challenge implementing your idea..

miksy91

Years
Wait so this means that the battle room becomes a challenge? Well imo It will lose its purpose which is training pokemon :) a better option is that you will be given a choice whether you want to continue and it will be a "double or nothing" state which will make you lose all the bps you collected if you lose or you can also choose make it an entirely different mode as to where you can make it a challenge implementing your idea..
Good thinking! I haven't been playing the hack myself in a long time, so I didn't take in account the fact that I originally made it for making it easier to train. I'll also keep it that way.

And the "double or nothing" is a good idea too. I guess I'll have to tweak "Ultimate" (??!) mode with a "strong hand", and make that the batte arena "challenge mode". :)

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
I haven't finished the game but it looks epic so far.. I hope you keep creating quality hacks..
Thanks! For now, it looks like I won't be starting any more hacks after this is over though.

Starting on this tomorrow and expecting big things!
Hopefully it hasn't been disappointing! :)

Update!

I'm trying to get the hang of hacking again - not saying I would have forgotten how to do anything, but there is a huge difference in doing "general stuff" since I have been on a long break. Anyways, I was also reported a funny bug that I'm going to fix, but if you guys want, you can abuse it to do neat stuff - especially in Grand Tower.

I hadn't noticed it before, but everytime you save in a map and load the save, the scripts aren't called from the Script Header. This doesn't affect the behaviour of the game in "normal" maps, but in maps where there are map tiles that are changed depending on the "situation" you're in, there may be scripting errors there that I'm going to fix.

But what comes to abusing this in Grand Tower, you can skip battling all of the sages by saving inside the rooms where they are located. The upper exit should be available before battling them when you load the save file xD You might also be able to get past the locked gate in Greenwood without ever visiting Milky Village this way! (though I haven't checked if the same thing applies for there, but eventually will)

But that's pretty much all for today!

miksy91

Years
I've been pretty hard-working with this hack during the last 24 hours!
The bugs I mentioned yesterday have been fixed, but I also remade (in other words, made a complete overhaul) something that a few people had critisized of in beta 4.0. So for fun, I decided to upload a video of that (, and also to show my subscribers in YouTube that I've returned continuing this).

If your day hasn't been enough SUPER already, you'd better watch this! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JcDzWcE4qw

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Why is Raticate only using Super fang?

If he had used a different move, when you got to yellow it would have won.

miksy91

Years
where is hm flash located?
See FAQ in the first post for information based on HMs.

Can anyone please tell me where can I find a moonstone? I'd like to evolve my Nidorino..
I didn't hide Moon Stones anywhere, but since you get most of the stones in Greenwood Town, I would expect you to run into one soon after getting there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018
I'm in Argent Warhouse town or whatever, I don't know where to find that password or what to do in that cave, it's too dark to see and I don't have flash ._.

miksy91

Years
I'm in Argent Warhouse town or whatever, I don't know where to find that password or what to do in that cave, it's too dark to see and I don't have flash ._.
You're supposed to fly back to The Capital and head East from there. (If I were you, I would do some exploring first - there's no telling what you can run into if you check the older areas again now that you have HM Surf for instance.)

Anyway, don't bother with not having the password, HM Flash, or anything like that. You'll receive those later on. I personally like making side-quest areas that you can enter, but can't do anything there until you have returned back with the "prerequisites" being met.

miksy91

Years
Hey Miksy! I played Beta 3 and finaly I've got the time to play Beta 4... I am so excited ^_^ But I have to ask you a question. Did you mess with shiny rate numbers? I've been having a strange experience...
View attachment 70486

View attachment 70487

View attachment 70488

View attachment 70489
I did, I have planned to reduce the shiny rate a little bit for the next releases however. Currently, around 1/100 pokemon are shiny.

Anyway, the rate is indeed very high, but you shouldn't run into many if you don't train in grass like I didn't mean the player to do. There is the Battle Room that is designed for that purpose. (When I did test runs of this game for the release, I personally ran into 1-4 shinies during one whole test run.)

Reactions: Raj
Years
I did, I have planned to reduce the shiny rate a little bit for the next releases however. Currently, around 1/100 pokemon are shiny.

Anyway, the rate is indeed very high, but you shouldn't run into many if you don't train in grass like I didn't mean the player to do. There is the Battle Room that is designed for that purpose. (When I did test runs of this game for the release, I personally ran into 1-4 shinies during one whole test run.)

Well, I didn't know that ^_^. I went old school and trained them in grass... Good to know :)

Back