• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
i have beaten the E4 many times, i got 3 legendaries, a ditto instead of mew, is anything else to do before the final quest?

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Yeah...One of the Reasons I Envy you So much...You can turn A mess of Coding into one of the Greatest Hacks I've ever played...You're one of the greatest hackers Ever...Necro...You could try to obtain EVERY single Pokemon...But I'm not quite that Devoted though...

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2009
Can any Pokemon learn False Swipe? If so, which ones do you guys know of?
BTW, awesome hack CBM. It was good with the original 151, this elevated it into legendary status. If I'm right Prism will be even better.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
I have found most of them, but Clefairy continues to elude me, I'm hoping the encounter rate is higher in that house(I think it is in Hayward, but, whichever city it is clefairy shows up as appearing in according to the dex, there is a house that the guys says you have to beat the league to enter, but even when you do there is still a rock there, I am pretty sure that is where the detections are coming from) that is blocked off atm, cause I have more or less given up for now(though, with Liquid Crystal and a mountain of semester end projects miles high, I may not get to play much soon anyway :P)

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
for the guy who was searching for cleafary

dont know if this is an spoiler or not but

Spoiler:

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Let's all cheer for CBM, and hope he'll be able to fix this soon!

Another problem, at the Sidescrolling area, south of Botan city, there is a Police officer who says:
,,Border Patrol! No Passport means no Naljo, it's not smart to pick a fight with Team Rocket!
Then I hear the music from the beginning of a fight, but nothing happens, is this a bug, or has this to do with the final quest?

Bug (?): The Description of Togepi says: Spikeball

Last edited:

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
I know it sounds like an easy fix, but you have to understand that Red's coding is a mess.

I can tell why some Metronome attacks like Dig, Solarbeam, or anything so messy. I found that out when I battled Clefable.

When dig is a random attack, you don't see the animation, then the next attack is Fury attack. That's what I saw.

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
is there any good news? any one?

CBM i have a question for you or fon anyone that can answer me.
how do I could chande the sprites and backsprites of pokemon red? also their palettes

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Just a suggestion, Why can't Houndoom learn Hyper Beam or Solarbeam? In fact, due to the fact that there is no Sunny Day in this game, Solarbeam to Houndoom is useless. And I thought all full-evolved Pokemon can learn Hyper Beam.

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
i notice that when a pokemon uses metronome the attack is screwed up i mean it shows the wrong animation

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Just a suggestion, Why can't Houndoom learn Hyper Beam or Solarbeam? In fact, due to the fact that there is no Sunny Day in this game, Solarbeam to Houndoom is useless. And I thought all full-evolved Pokemon can learn Hyper Beam.

Wrong. In Pokemon Red only selected few Pokemon could learn Hyper Beam (mostly dragon). This is still evident in brown ;)

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
Years
Question:

Is there a TM for Psychic? If so can someone tell me what number and a hint as to where it is?

Found it! Looking for TM earthquake.

Last edited:

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Alright, I still can't figure out the Pokedex glitch, but I'm not gonna hold back the new version much longer. Your traded Pokemon will still be marked as "Seen". This is present in all versions of Pokemon Brown apparently.

HOWEVER, I will let people PM me their .sav file after they traded the Pokemon over, and I will add the owned marks to the Pokedex myself.

It'll be fixed one day, but I have more important things to worry about in Brown right now, like the new quest, which will be coming later this month.

The new update will not only enable TGB-Link, but will also fix up the marts a bit and fix some glitches. A lot of items have moved around, but at your own convenience. A certain move will also get an upgrade. Clue: It's a triangle

Last edited:

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
Alright, I still can't figure out the Pokedex glitch, but I'm not gonna hold back the new version much longer. Your traded Pokemon will still be marked as "Seen". This is present in all versions of Pokemon Brown apparently.

HOWEVER, I will let people PM me their .sav file after they traded the Pokemon over, and I will add the owned marks to the Pokedex myself.

It'll be fixed one day, but I have more important things to worry about in Brown right now, like the new quest, which will be coming later this month.

The new update will not only enable TGB-Link, but will also fix up the marts a bit and fix some glitches. A lot of items have moved around, but at your own convenience. A certain move will also get an upgrade. Clue: It's a triangle

well, it's too bad that there is a trading pokedex glitch, but if any one can fix it, its you (or mmm). Oh, and how are you adding the pokemon to the dex? Are you using cheat codes, or are you hacking into their save somehow?

Anyway I think I know which move you're talking about, but because you didn't say it specifically, I'll keep it a secret.

Also, to people reporting glitches on this thread:
s
- If there's any other glitches, please PM me (don't reply to the thread pointing them out please), and I can most likely fix them up fast.

This is from the first post, so if you're too lazy to even read it, why do you quote other posts, then add your own glitches?

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
well, it's too bad that there is a trading pokedex glitch, but if any one can fix it, its you (or mmm). Oh, and how are you adding the pokemon to the dex? Are you using cheat codes, or are you hacking into their save somehow?

I can edit the RAM flags. The problem is that the game isn't WRITING the new "owned" flags to the correct location when traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back