• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Ehh defeated Misty and Lt. Surge. Had troubles with Lt. Surge, though. D:

Update #2 - Kanto
Raichu got owned by Slowpoke

Team
dpiconani079.gif
dpiconani035.gif
dpiconani083.gif

The Adventure!
[jq]August 30, 2010

Dear Diary,

Today was a tough day.I defeated Gary, once again. He pities me 'cause I won. I went through the Nugget Bridge and defeated 5 trainers along the way. At the end some guy gave me a Nugget and invited me to join Team Rocket. I wanted to say 'Yes' but he didn't gave me the chance to talk. So he challenged me and he lost, poor him. I arrived at Bill's house where I helped him become him again, then he gave a SS Ticket. I took on Misty and won somehow. I went to Vermillion and through the SS Anne. I met Gary there and he battled me, and of course he lost. I talked to the captain. At that time he was seasick so I patted his back. He gave me the HM01 in return. After that I challenged the local GYM. I know I was at a disadvantage but I won! I took a picture, too. I'll attach it here. It was fun, and its getting late. See you tomorrow!

Zeffy

[???=Here's the picture I'm talking about.]
[/???]
[???=Here's the picture I'm talking about.]
pokemonfirered01.png
[/???]
[/jq]

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
Johto update

Team:

Spr_2c_005_s.gif

Blacky
Lv. 20

Slaves:
Spr_2c_158.gif

Totodile: Surf, Strength, (Cut?), Whirlpool

Just beat massacred Faulkner and I'm just about to go save some Slowpoke and murder beat some bugs.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

1-1.png
team-1.png

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Final team (that went FAST, whew):
Spr_2c_006_s.gif

Blacky
Lv. 89
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Rage
- Fly
- Earthquake

After HOURS of playing, I need a break. On to Emerald anyway.

Last edited:

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Okay, I'm ready for another solorun ;) I'll be using Spheal → Walrein on Sapphire.. (Just found out the hard way that you can't trade eggs onto Emerald.. not amused.)

Last edited:

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
Years
Okay so here's log one for my Kabuto run
Spoiler:

Going good so far, thanks to aurora beam I had no troubles against Brock and without it I would have had to scratch him to death(Making for a harder battle then my beldum battles against these gyms)

Next update should be soon.

theking6

Water Types!! :D
Years
I'm gonna try to beat wingman with this to, Nidoran♀. This is gonna get confusing, three ultamite solo runs..Hmmmm...

Nidorina Solo Run:
I entered Brock's gym with:
Nidorina Lv.18
Tackle
Growl
Scratch
Poison Sting
I beat the first guy easy then went on to Brock. I beat his Geodude with a bunch of Scratching, then I almost lost to his Onix but used a potion and still lost:P...
Brock, second try. I beat Geodude the same way, but I used a potion during the battle with it. Then I hardly lost to his Onix...
This time I stopped and trained.
Brock, third try. I beat his Geodude the same way as the first time, and finally beat his Onix with Scratch.
I finally left Brock's gym with:
Nidorina Lv.21
Tackle
Growl
Scratch
Poison Sting

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Hey, king guy man dude! You stole my idea and changed the gender, you sly dog you! ;P

Also, I think I need to go a bit faster, everyone else is going waaaaaaay quicker than I am. Meaning you'll be seeing shorter logs. Hopefully.

Day 4

I woke up later than Wingman again today. I don't know how he does it, but he must have some sort of drive that makes him get up so early. Me? I'm as lazy as a Slowpoke. I might as well have been one.

Wingman forced me to move when he started tugging on my sleeping mat. I simply rolled off of it. Unfortunately, I rolled right into the lamp and shattered it. The splinters of wood and glass did wake me up, though.

Immediately, Wingman started to panic and worry about breaking it. He said that if they found out that he broke it, he'd have to pay for it. So I brushed the pieces under the bed. He was about to scold me, but he stopped short. "We'll just pretend like it didn't happen. We'll be gone long before they find out," he said.

So that was it. He and I moved all the bits of glass and wood under the bed and hightailed it out of the city. We headed west first, got HM 02 from some nice lady, found that another large Pokémon blocked the way, and headed back towards Saffron, sneaking through the city.

Our plan was to see if the gates to Saffron were still closed, and if so, we'd go back to Lavender and head to Fuchsia City in the south. The gates were still shut, so it was back to Lavender for us.

TL;DR Mode, Activate.
-Returned to Lavender
-Stopped by the Pokémon Tower out of respect for the dead
-Ran into Jack again and murdered his Pokémon; luckily we were in the Pokémon Tower already so he just laid them down there (JK I'm not a killer... until you piss me off)
-Heard of some strange happenings
-Dispelled a spirit and ousted Team Rocket
-Went south towards Vermillion and the huge sleeping Pokémon
-Decided that I'd have to beat it out of the way while it was asleep
-Easily took care of it (it was a Snorlax, by the way)
-Traveled down a long trail
-Eventually arrived in Fuchsia City
-Explored the zoo
-Entered the Safari Zone out of curiosity
-Found a group of Nidorino and Nidoran♂
-Got HM 03, Surf
-Also found a pair of gold teeth that someone told us belonged to the warden of the park (why they were out there, I'll never know)
-Returned the teeth to the Warden
-Got HM 04, Strength

After that, Wingman and I were relaxing in the zoo area. There were bunches of Pokémon there that neither of us had ever seen before. We had just finished off lunch and I was about to doze off when Wingman pulls out something and tells me to get up. So I sat up, and my head ran right into the thing in his hand. It happened to be another TM.

After the familiar shock and daze I experienced, Wingman explained that move to be Rock Throw, which he said would give us the upper edge against later opponents. He discarded the now blank TM and whipped out another one. I groaned, but I noticed something different about this one; it had a strange black marking on it. He pushed that against my forehead and suddenly I get images of summoning a huge wave of water as well as swimming in the ocean.

Hell no. He did not just teach me Surf. Me: the Nidoking who had never been in water once before in his life; the scaredy-Meowth who can't even get near a small pool of water. And he expects me to carry him safely across an ocean? Not unless hell suddenly freezes over.

Then he dragged me to the Gym to get another badge. I was still thinking about swimming and the ocean until I accidentally smacked into the door. I refocused myself right away, but the Surfing thing still tugged at the back of my mind.

We reached the Gym Leader, who was so into his training that he was dressed just like a ninja and who even spoke with the mismatched mouth movements. I swear, it was both impressive and creepy.

Koga, as his name was, accepted our challenge and the field was revealed: a wooden floor. That was it. And I thought some of the other battle fields were sparse.

Anyway, his first Pokémon was a Koffing, and it was simple to hit; it couldn't even try to dodge the shower of rocks I seemed to pull out of nowhere and throw at it. The Muk that followed it, however, was different. It was a little tougher to hit, so I ended up soaking it with Surf (where the hell did I get the water from?) and shocked it with a Thunderbolt. His second Koffing fell just like the first, and finally his Weezing didn't stand a chance against my trusty horn. Though it's beginning to dull, I can feel it. I'll have to fix that later today.

Wingman got his badge and I got some more training, so it was all in all a good day so far.

The rest of the day went something like this:
-Sharpened my horn while Wingman studied the map
-Was yanked into my PokéBall unwillingly

Lemme tell you, it's cramped in there. It's like being stuffed into a hollow stump and having a boulder placed on top of it. I swear, my horn was jabbing me in the tail somewhere. If any human ever hears this, please do us Pokémon all a favor and try to get PokéBalls that can accommodate us.

-Was released back in Vermillion City
-Wingman explained that he used that Farfetch'd he got in a trade earlier to fly us back here
-I stretched out and we were off to see if the Saffron gates were open yet
-Wingman somehow persuaded an extremely thirsty guard to let us through when he gave him some soda pop he got back in Celadon
-Entered Saffron

HOLY HELL AND A HAND BAG. That place intimidated the crap out of me. And I know it was getting to Wingman; I could see him looking around nervously as well. Of course, that might have been because of the Team Rocket grunts walking around everywhere.

Since it was late by now, Wingman suggested that we find a hotel to stay at tonight, only to find that Team Rocket had them all blocked off and shut down. So we ended up camping just outside the city limits. And since I now know Thunderbolt, that little yellow rat that used to light our fires was released. A few days ago, I would have envied him.

Instead, I felt sorry for him.

Spr_1b_034.png

Titan/Nidoking
Lvl. 62
Stats:
`Attack - 161
`Defense - 140
`Speed - 148
`Special - 143
Moves:
`Horn Attack
`Rock Slide
`Surf
`Thunderbolt

stargate1995

Years
Ok so here's log 2
Spoiler:

Man Kabutops is really good, he KO's nearly everything and is quite fast(not that it matters when I'm 20 or so levels higher). This run is taking no time thanks to him being so strong :).

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Update:
-Did all the starter stuff.. yawn.
-Picked Treeko so May would have Torchic
-Battled May and won
-Traded the egg
-It hatched and I called the Spheal Chubb :)
-Grinded up to level 10 before battling any trainers
-Battled all the trainers up to Petaburgh
-Wally caught his Ralts
-Beat everyone up to Rustboro city
-Battled the gym trainers
-Battled against whats-her-face the gym leader (Crap with names..) & beat her, so I got the stone badge :D

Chubb/Spheal:
Spr_3r_363.png

L17
Moves:
-Water gun
-Powder snow
-Hail
-Ice ball

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
I don't know where this idea came from, I just thought I'd be a unique way to add some discord. No life, no matter how different from the old life one had before, can be all perfect. I might have gotten too descriptive, though... I think I gave him too much emotion in too short of a time period.

Day 5

Morning activities, morning activities, and back to what really matters.

Entering back into Saffron, we gathered a little intel from the plain idiotic Team Rocket grunts everywhere. They said something about the Silph Co building and such. We went to check out what kind of guards were keeping it blocked off. Turns out the guy was asleep. Very skilled.

Since this is a long story that involved a lot of the same things...

TL;DR Time:
-Entered the tallest building I'd ever seen
-Climbed up the first set of stairs
-Beat all the Rocket grunts
-Lather, Rinse, Repeat
-Stumbled around on the teleporters
-Found some sort of key
-Ran into Jack (it figures that he's here)
-Royally whooped his assets
-Reached the Team Rocket leader, whose name we didn't catch last time
-Introduced himself as Giovanni
-He basically told us to butt out or else enter a world of pain
-Then he gave us no chance to leave and attacked right away

It should've been an easy battle. But his first Pokémon was one I recognized. Not just in appearance; though it was a Nidorino. It was the exact Nidorino that was a part of the group I used to live with. The Nidorino who used to play fight with me. The Nidorino who bailed me out of trouble. The Nidorino who comforted me when my mother died...

I tried to speak reason to him, but something had changed in his heart and mind. He spoke hardly a word other than "Come on, attack me!" or "Fight back!" He would keep attacking at me, doing some minor damage, but I refused to hurt him. Wingman was shouting at me; Giovanni was watching the whole event with a knowing smirk.

With every hit he got in, a felt myself closer to tears. Not from the pain; I have had enough experience with physical pain to be able to handle it. The tears were forming from seeing my best friend like this. He kept stabbing and scratching, and, slowly but surely, the tears began to drip down in zigzagging lines.

I was finally forced to beat him down, but I felt horrible about it. The tears were uncontrollable by then; I barely remember what it looked like. He charged at me once more, and I vaguely remember swinging my arm into his face with full force. I heard a horrible crunching sound, and my heart fell to the basement of the building. I closed my eyes and looked away, and Wingman saw the tears pouring down for the first time during that whole event.

The rest of the battle was normal - though he did have a Nidoqueen, it didn't affect me because I didn't recognize it - but my mind wasn't in it. Wingman told me what to do, though his voice sounded softer, as if he was in a different room. The tears eventually stopped, but the pain didn't follow suit. I was still thinking about that one Nidorino who used to be so familiar and was now so different...

The rest of the day was kind of a haze for me. I couldn't get him off my mind. I was still able to fight, I know that much; I took down the Gym Leader in Saffron later that same day. But I wasn't paying attention to how it happened - I just know that it did.

That night, Wingman and I were supposed to fly back to his hometown to visit his mom and head off to Cinnabar Island. He started walking out of the city towards the south, and I would've noticed that he wasn't preparing to fly if I wasn't so depressed. I just trudged behind him, my head down and my tail dragging behind me.

He stopped abruptly. I about ran into him, but he said my name, causing me to focus and stop myself. "Titan..." He paused. "There's something wrong, isn't there."

I stood there, keeping my eyes focused on the dirt.

Without warning, he spun around to face me and said, "I know there's something up with you; you've been like this ever since we beat Giovanni." I turned away from him so that he couldn't see my eyes. But he just got in front of me again and demanded me to look at him.

Again, I turned away.

He sighed audibly, as if he'd given up. "Titan, I saw you crying after you knocked out Giovanni's Nidorino."

I cringed. That phrase, 'Giovanni's Nidorino', was like feeling a spike being driven through my heart. I couldn't stop myself; I broke down then and there. I fell to the ground, sobbing like a sissy, and Wingman saw the whole thing. I felt so ashamed of myself; any self respect I had was gone at that instant, and I was sure I had lost all of Wingman's respect as well.

I can't remember anything else from that point, only that I fell asleep with tears still in my eyes.

Spr_1b_034.png

Titan/Nidoking
Lvl. 68
Stats:
`Attack - 179
`Defense - 157
`Speed - 164
`Special - 160
Moves:
`Horn Attack
`Rock Slide
`Surf
`Thunderbolt

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
Alright I'm so joining this.

I'm going to be playing on FireRed with Jynx. Yes I will be hacking for a Smoochum because you can't obtain one so yesh.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Day 6

I woke up slowly this morning. I couldn't recall anything of last night other than breaking down into tears at the phrase 'Giovanni's Nidorino'. Then I remembered what happened yesterday, and the depression hit me again like a fifty ton weight.

I shifted a bit and felt something against my back. Looking up and over my shoulder, I saw him. Wingman was asleep, lying against me, his hand on my shoulder. There was no fire, his mat was still rolled up; he had fallen asleep trying to comfort me.

He stirred as I shifted around a little more. Slowly, he woke up and opened his eyes. I didn't look away from him this time. He looked around a bit and his eyes finally rested on mine. I expected a look of sorrow; instead, he looked concerned about me. Only a few others had ever been concerned about me: my mom, and Doku, the Nidorino.

That shook me a bit. Wingman cared that much about me to forgo sleep in order to comfort me. And all I was doing was giving him reason to worry about me. But I couldn't just get over Doku and how he had changed so drastically right away. It would take time, but I told myself that I'd do it for Wingman; if Doku had forgotten about me and become the horrible thing that he was, I had to learn to accept it.

Stretching myself out, I sat up slowly, causing Wingman to get up as well. I looked at him and gave a solemn nod, trying to tell him that I was feeling better. He smiled weakly and patted my shoulder. Then he fell back suddenly.

Shocked, I got up and checked on him, only to find that he was asleep. I decided that he needed sleep and let him lie.

While I waited for him to wake up, I studied his map and saw that Cinnabar Island was quite a distance from Pallet Town; I'd have to carry him safely that far. In the water. The thing that I'm terrified of. But I knew I had to do it, so I sucked it up and decided that I'd learn to swim.

There was a shallow pond nearby, so I did my best to carry Wingman closer to it without waking him. The next few hours went something like this:

I approached the water.

I started to doubt myself and returned.

I regained confidence and went back to the shore.

I lost confidence and came back.

That went on for about an hour until, finally, I, very slowly and cautiously, slid into the water. When it didn't kill me, I went a bit further. A few moments later, I was waist deep in the water.

Don't get me wrong, I was scared sh**less. But I kept reminding myself of what Wingman did for me and didn't give up. At first, I splashed around, completely clueless about what to do. Then I saw a Squirtle pass by, and I copied his motions. Soon enough, I was actually making my way around the pond's edge.

Wingman woke up at this point and saw me swimming around. He shouted out my name, and I turned to him and beamed.

Of course, when I turned, I lost my balance and I slipped under the water. I was so disoriented that I couldn't tell up from down. The water may have been shallow, but it was deepest here; the distance between the bed and the surface was more than my height.

Suddenly, an arm reached out and hoisted me in some direction that I later figured out was up. I broke the surface and breathed a sweet breath of safety. I floated there and looked around to find Wingman, still in all of his clothes, floating next to me. He smiled, and I returned the gesture.

Back on shore, Wingman changed himself and we left for Pallet Town.

Day 7

We had arrived in Pallet the afternoon before and spent a day there and left the next morning for Cinnabar Island. I was nervous at first, but after Wingman's encouragement, I jumped into the water. He climbed on my back and I started swimming.

We actually made it all the way to Cinnabar with no problems. Wingman was so proud of me, and my cheeks flushed red. Secretly, I was thrilled for myself.

Wingman told me he had a special treat for me because of how well I did. I became overly excited, expecting some awesome snack or a day off; he pulled out a TM and pressed it right to my head without me even noticing him.

And just like that, I learned Earthquake, the best Ground type move ever. Sweet.

TL;DR Happy Fun Tiems!
-Entered the Gym
-Wingman answered a bunch of random quiz questions that he had to get all right in order to face the Leader
-Wingman aced the quiz and Blaine accepted our challenge
-What a beastin' Gym stadium, an island of rock on a lake of magma
-Thank Mew for learning Earthquake when I did
-None of Blaine's Pokémon could avoid it, and every time I used it, nobody could one hit
-Wingman earned the Volcano Badge
-Healed up (though I didn't need it, I didn't take any hits during the battle)
-Flew to Viridian City for the night
-Camped out on the route where Wingman first found me

Being back to my old home brought on such a wave of nostalgia. I remembered the group of Nidoran♂ and Nidoran♀ and Nidorino and Nidorina that I used to live with, and I remembered the good times I had here.

Unfortunately, that brought back the thought of Doku... I told myself that I wouldn't think of him as the Pokémon of a horrible person; the memories of him were a much better thing to remember. Those times were too good to ruin.

I fell asleep remembering those times with Doku. I started to miss him more and more.

That night, I dreamt of the times we used to share.

Spr_1b_034.png

Titan/Nidoking
Lvl. 75
Stats:
`Attack - 199
`Defense - 174
`Speed - 183
`Special - 179
Moves:
`Earthquake
`Rock Slide
`Surf
`Thunderbolt

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Day 8

What a doozie of a day. We woke up - both Wingman and I - exceptionally early. It was about 7:30 in the morning, and we usually don't get up until 9:00. But an early start meant a more productive day.

We re-entered Viridian City and waited for the Gym to open, and Wingman started chatting with the other trainers in line behind us. I got together with their Pokémon and we talked about our journeys. Some of them were from way out of the region, places that I hadn't ever heard of. I felt like a local hick; in retrospect, I realize that I was a local hick, in a sense.

Finally, the Gym was opened, and the two people in front of us - apparently this was a very well known Gym, for both its mysterious Leader and his rumored level of extreme skill - took their turns in the Gym. Neither came out victorious.

That got me a little apprehensive, but Wingman reassured me and we entered when it came our turn.

The whole Gym was one room, dimly lit by a few hanging light bulbs. There was one elevated platform for Wingman to stand on and I took my place on the field. The Leader was shrouded in shadows and had his back to us.

He spoke. "Ah, I should have known I'd see you two again." His voice sent chills down my spine. I recognized it; even before he turned around and showed his face.

The Gym Leader was Giovanni.

That meant I'd have to see Doku again...

Luckily, Doku wasn't his first Pokémon. He was his last. He was just the same as he was last time. He didn't recognize me, he didn't say anything; he only attacked. And I still couldn't get through to him. I started to feel the tears building up...

I couldn't hurt him again. He was always there for me whenever I needed him. He's the one other Pokémon that ever cared for me. He and I are best friends...

No. He and I WERE best friends. But he's not him anymore. That Pokémon isn't Doku anymore. He may still have the name and the face, but the soul and mind inside is not Doku's.

I grew angry. Angry at Doku for letting himself become this, at Giovanni for turning him into it, and at myself for not being there to stop it. I roared out in rage and let myself loose. I pummeled Doku with the strongest Earthquake I could muster. He was out right there.

But I couldn't stop myself; the rage was too much. I looked at Giovanni, and he must have known he went too far because his silent look of defeat changed instantly to fear. I roared once more, giving in to the hatred, and charged straight for Giovanni's platform. I crashed into it, sending Giovanni flying back and reducing the platform to rubble.

I roared again, agony mixing with pain, and stared at Giovanni. He looked up and flushed white. The only thought running through my head was 'Giovanni did this.' I ran at him and lifted him up into the air by the collar of his shirt. His back was up against the wall; no amount of his flailing would make me drop him, as he soon realized.

Right as I pulled back my arm to smash Giovanni's head all over the wall, I heard Wingman shouting out my name. His voice echoed all over the room and caught my attention. Keeping Giovanni pinned against the wall, I looked back at Wingman. He was running at me at full speed. I dismissed him; my mind was too focused on Giovanni.

Returning my gaze to the man in my grasp, I pulled back my arm even further, preparing to give him all the justice he deserved. Suddenly, right as I started to swing, Wingman reached me and grabbed my arm shouting, "Titan, stop it! It's not worth it, let him go!" He was certainly not strong enough to keep me from hitting Giovanni, but my arm stopped none-the-less. Hearing the concern in his voice caused me to regain my senses.

I looked at Giovanni again, who was staring at me fearfully. I knew he was ruined; he was ruined from the moment I picked him up. In the corner of my eye, Wingman nodded, and I looked away from both of them. Depositing Giovanni roughly on the floor, I walked away slowly. Wingman followed shortly after, and we left the Gym.

As I walked through the crowd of curious people, they stepped aside. I could tell that they were brought here after hearing my roars, as they all looked at me timidly. Wingman was a few steps behind me, telling everyone that the Gym was closed for now. He protected Giovanni's identity; I would've exposed it in a heartbeat.

I walked out to my old home and sat on the log that Doku and I used to play on. Wingman joined me. He didn't keep his distance, instead choosing to sit right next to me. We sat in silence for a few moments, and then he spoke.

"That Nidoking... you knew him, didn't you." I nodded.

Wingman nodded as well, leaving it at that. No more words were spoken; that was all that needed to be said.

I don't know how many hours passed before Wingman said anything else. When he finally spoke again, he asked me, "Are you gonna be OK, Titan?" I didn't answer.

He suddenly stood up, and I looked up at him. "I understand if you want to be alone for a while. I know what you're going through. I don't tell anyone this, but you deserve to know." He turned away slightly. "I... I lost my dad when I was 7. He just up and left without any notice. But I survived." He walked away, never looking back at me.

I sat there on that log, thinking for a few more hours. Coming to a decision, I stood up and went to find Wingman. It wasn't that hard; luckily, he was still nearby, gathering firewood. He heard me approach and looked up. I smiled weakly, and he did too. He returned to the firewood, and I joined him.

Spr_1b_034.png

Titan/Nidoking
Lvl. 76
Stats:
`Attack - 202
`Defense - 176
`Speed - 185
`Special - 181
Moves:
`Earthquake
`Rock Slide
`Surf
`Thunderbolt

Day 9

Might as well have been National Participate-in-Lots-of-Tough-Battles Day.

After I regained my senses yesterday and rejoined Wingman, we set up the rest of camp and stared up at the stars. He pointed out shapes that they made and I did some more thinking. We fell asleep like this.

The next morning started at its usual time with its usual routine. We were heading to Indigo Plateau after a long couple of days.

On the way to the gatehouse, that jerk Jack stopped us again and challenged us to another rematch. Because he didn't learn his lesson the first four times.

All of his Pokémon were the same as last time, and they were just as easy to beat. I think he actually got easier to beat. Or maybe I just got a lot stronger.

Anyways, even after the loss he still thought he had what it takes to beat the Elite Four. I scoffed silently, and Wingman just nodded. As he walked away, Wingman said, "Poor, poor fool." I chuckled.

We reached the gate quickly enough and passed through without a problem. On the other side was Victory Road, which was less of a road and more of a puzzle-filled maze.

After pushing around boulders and easily beating some trainers, Wingman and I exited Victory Road about an hour and a half after we entered it. The sun was high in the sky, and it was hot. The kind of burn an omelet on the sidewalk hot.

Luckily, we were heading inside. Indigo Plateau was right in front of us, and nothing was gonna stop us now.

In the building, a few trainers were sitting with their Pokémon, giving pep talks and relaxing before the final battles. But I didn't want to wait any longer; I was ready now, and Wingman could tell. We went straight to the registration counter and Wingman talked to the lady there. She was obviously uninterested, tired of the monotony of work. She surveyed us with her flat eyes and, when she had seen all she needed, dismissed our arrival with a pop of her gum.

Looking up and sighing, she asked, "Name please."

"Wingman."

"Age?"

"Seventeen."

"Number of Pokémon?"

"One."

A pause, followed by laughter. "Only one? This shouldn't take long." She turned to the group of trainers waiting and shouted out, "Hey, this kid's only got one Pokémon, do you guys mind if he cuts in front of you?"

All the trainers burst out in laughter and unanimously agreed. I felt my face burning and was about to roar, but Wingman put his hand on my shoulder. "Don't let 'em get to you. We'll prove 'em wrong later," he said. I calmed down, but I was still a little bothered by their reactions. As we were leaving the room, I hit a sprinkler with a mini-Thunderbolt, causing all the sprinklers to activate and drench the trainers and Pokémon.

I chuckled. Wingman smirked knowingly.

A pier on a little pool of water was the setting in the first room. Ice chunks floated here and there, and the temperature was pretty low. Here there was a woman, around her thirties I guessed, who called herself Lorelei and claimed to use Ice types. All but one of her Pokémon were part Water type, and one wasn't even part Ice type. Thunderbolt worked wonders during the whole battle, and Rock Slide took care of the final Pokémon, Jynx.

The next room was scattered with rocks and boulders of all sizes. An overly toned man waited there for us. He introduced himself as Bruno and gave some motivational speech that I didn't pay attention to. I was just eager for battle. He used the Fighting type, with two random Onix thrown in there. It was too easy, Surf on everything. Seriously, though, I still have to wonder where the hell I'm getting the water from.

Room number three was set up like a giant graveyard, with tombstones everywhere and a fog clouding the air. The person here was an old woman, and in the setting, I mistook her for a ghost. Ironically, she used Ghost type Pokémon, with a few Poison types mixed in. Thunderbolt didn't let me down, and this fight passed by smoothly.

The final room was simple; only a hall with a couple of dragon statues lining the sides. The Champion stood at the end of the hall, adorned in a black cape. He called himself Lance and talked about the legendary might of Dragon types. I suddenly understood the dragon statues everywhere; the poor guy had a dragon obsession. He even used Dragon types and dragon-like Pokémon. A Gyarados (down after Thunderbolt), two Dragonairs (both taken down by Earthquake), an Aerodactyl (Surf doused it easily), and a Dragonite (a Rock Slide right to the face put it down and out).

Lance was about to tell us that we were awesome and that we were the new League Champs, but then he mentioned that one more trainer waited who had beaten the Elite Four only minutes ago. I thought 'Oh great, more battling' until he told us his name: Jack. I laughed loudly. We beat him so easily before, what would make now any different?

Nothing, in fact, made this fight any different. The room was unadorned, and Jack stood in its center. He spoke useless junk about how he 'scoured the region' collecting the most powerful Pokémon. I guess he missed me.

I swear, this fight went easier than any of the previous ones. The only Pokémon that gave me any trouble was his Alakazam and Psychic, but I took the hit in stride, not faltering for one moment.

Jack started to whine and cry about losing when some old dude showed up. I recognized him to be that one guy Wingman got a video call from that one day. He scolded Jack and congratulated us. We were led back into a separate room and photographed for posterity.

And that was it! Wingman had reached his ultimate goal, and I had become stronger beyond words. I wonder what those jerks back in the main room will think of us now.

But for now, it's time we relaxed and unwound... or is it?

Spr_1b_034.png

Titan/Nidoking
Lvl. 86
Stats:
`Attack - 230
`Defense - 201
`Speed - 212
`Special - 207
Moves:
`Earthquake
`Rock Slide
`Surf
`Thunderbolt

Also: I just feel like sharing this. Does anyone remember the old Golbat sprite? I do.

41261_124669024249678_100001197427574_134413_5269801_n.jpg

No joke. It has a serious baby addiction.

Last edited:

stargate1995

Years
Ok so I finished Kanto a couple days ago( I'm just past Whitney in SS) so heres the logs and some images(they where meant to be of Kabuto/Kabutops every 10 levels but I forgot so some are a little after every ten)

Spoiler:

BTW as seen in these screen shots my name ingame is Aneken(and always has been) I know it's a stupid name but it was the first name I used and have stuck with it.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Congratulations to both of you for finishing the first leg.

Wingman- Your stories are awesome. I wish I could write like you.
stargate- I completely understand using that name. At least it isn't stupid, like mine. A long time ago, I just wanted to play the beginning of blue version. So, I went through the beginning, pressing A as fast as I could. Well lucky me, I ended up naming myself A. And then I ended up catching all 150 Pokemon on that game, and A stuck from then on.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Can't be bothered to post update #3, I will later but that's gonna be different. Anyways I got passed Rock Tunnel and I'm at Lavander Town right now.

Ohh, this town reminds me of creepypastas. >_>

Anyways, here's what Sephiroth is now.
Spr_3f_080.png

Sephiroth/Slowbro @nothing
Lv. 42
- Headbutt
- Confusion
- Water Pulse
- Amnesia

Yes, in-game I bother to use stat-boosting moves because I can. :P

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
I just noticed on the first page I was listed under champions with Jynx...yeah thought id throw that out there xP. Anyway, my update will be soon. Me and Muchu the Smoochum have had an extremely rough start D:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
@myrrhman: Thank you very much! I have been practicing my writing with this story, in a sort of preparation for a novel idea I have.

Day 12

I'm small again...

Just thought I'd get that out before I start. And if it made no sense, it shouldn't.

Explanation starts now: Wingman and I were the champs for a few days when Lance mentioned a place called Johto to us. Neither of us had ever heard of such a place. He said there was a whole magnet train system between the two, and one end was in Saffron. We had no idea where anything was in Saffron, so it made sense why we missed it.

He told us that there was an easy way to get there that was just south of here. And he mentioned more Gyms and the chance to be the first champ of both regions. That piqued both of our interests.

So off we went. The Kanto Elite Four was temporary closed for our absence and we left on the next boat to Johto. We landed in New Bark Town, which was very similar to Pallet.

But before we could go anywhere, some official men stopped us and told us that Wingman would have to leave me here or make me go through some extensive process that would "strip me of my power and return me to the way he found me". It sounded painful, but I didn't want to be without Wingman.

He looked conflicted, but I knew what I wanted to do. When he was trying to balance the options, I placed my paw on his shoulder and nodded at him when he looked. He nodded in return, and I went with the men.

They led me to some chamber and hooked me into a machine. Suddenly, a jolt ran through my body - not unlike the feeling I got when Wingman used a TM on me - and after a few seconds, it was all over. I opened my eyes and saw that I was a tiny Nidoran♂ all over again. I couldn't even remember Horn Attack...

But not all was lost, for Wingman helped me train some more after the process. It took just as long as it did before, even with the battle experiences I had. I kept going, though, and eventually I started to improve.

Going off the map that Wingman got in New Bark Town, we headed to Violet City, the nearest place with a Gym. On the way there, we got stopped by who I will henceforth refer to as the red-headed stepchild. He was the worst kind of person, even worse than Jack. And he had definite problems when it came to how he treated his Pokémon. And the way he treated it after we won was even worse than that. It was like a red-headed stepchild abusing its red-headed stepchild. Paradox? Maybe.

He said his name was Greg, and told us to remember it because he said he'd one day be the best trainer ever. Not while Wingman and I are still alive.

TL;DR - The new black!
-Arrived in Cherrygrove
-Left Cherrygrove (there was absolutely nothing to do there)
-Traveled north
-Beat some trainers
-Arrived in Violet City
-Heard about a place called the Sprout Tower that I had to go to before I could enter the Gym
-Went there and found a LOAD BEARING pillar that was SWAYING (how the hell does that work?)
-Climbed to the top
-Found the red-headed stepchild at the top
-Battled the elder
-Got his approval
-Entered the Gym
-Met up with Falkner, the Gym Leader
-Battled his relatively easy to beat birds
-Won handily!
-Evolution took place! WOOHOO! I'm not as small as I was! Though I still am smaller than I used to be...
-Wingman received the Zephyr Badge

And after that, we left Violet City. We were supposed to go to Goldenrod to the west, but some strange dancing tree was blocking the way. Already some of the things Johto has are freaking me out. Swaying pillars, dancing trees... what's next? People cutting off the tails of Slowpokes for food?

Anyway, we set up camp for the night somewhere south of Violet City. It was getting late, and we had a big trip ahead of us tomorrow.

033.gif

Titan/Nidorino
Lvl. 17
Stats:
`Attack - 34
`Defense - 31
`Sp. Attack - 30
`Sp. Defense - 30
`Speed - 32
Moves:
`Horn Attack
`Tackle
`Double Kick
`Leer

stargate1995

Years
Congratulations to both of you for finishing the first leg.

Wingman- Your stories are awesome. I wish I could write like you.
stargate- I completely understand using that name. At least it isn't stupid, like mine. A long time ago, I just wanted to play the beginning of blue version. So, I went through the beginning, pressing A as fast as I could. Well lucky me, I ended up naming myself A. And then I ended up catching all 150 Pokemon on that game, and A stuck from then on.

Teehee Aneken comes from something similar to that, When I got my game I had just watched star wars and went to play the game, not being to inventive I went with "Aneken"(Aneken skywalker didn't fit and I'm glad it didn't) thus I was born...

Anyway I'm currently in Olivine, didn't get much done yesterday cause of Mortys annoying Gengar which was able to very nearly KO my Kabuto with shadow ball, it took bout 10 times to beat him XD. Anyway I'll post up a log when I get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back