• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Years
um can I be the Co-Co owner?
lol
YES WE SHOULD HAVE A PARTY!
Wait...this may be a dumb question, but when is it?

btw, my sig is soon gonna be Harry Potter-ified

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Ooh, Harry Potter Fan Club!
Name: Jake
What house are you in?: Hufflepuff
Who killed our parents?: Voldemort. :(
Describe your wand: 9 inch, Emerald Gems are on it.
Are you excited to see the finale movie of Harry Potter? What scenes are you excited the most? Will you be disappointed if those scenes aren't included?
Well, I'm not sure actually. Um...., Voldemort trying to kill harry?
Um, I would kinda actually be disappointed.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
Years
If Voldemort killing Harry was cut, we wouldn't have a movie. xD

I'm hoping that Lupin bursting into Shell Cottage to announce Teddy's birth isn't cut. I was disappointed that he didn't have a huge role in part 1, so I'm a little happier that he's getting a slightly bigger role in part 2 since he fights in the war.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Good idea. Why not Neville's too?

If Voldemort killing Harry was cut, we wouldn't have a movie. xD

I can't wait for the part where they jump off the tower holding hands to their deaths. XD

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I was disappointed when Lupin didn't come on Grimmauld Place on Part 1 so I'm hoping that they didn't cut that part! and if they cut that part where Harry dies and Dumbledore talks to him I swear I'm gonna sue them lol

Oh and mzmingle: Deputy Head = Co-owner. I just gave it a better name. P:

So we should have a week of little sort of events and each day a different person manages it? That could be fun. :3

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
So what do you all think "Pottermore" might be? JKR's next big thing?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I hope it's just an extension of not-really-Harry-Potter related things in the Potter world. :D Like maybe more of those textbook things (like the magical creatures one and the Quidditch book [damn you, firefox dictionary, Quidditch is totally a word!]), or some novels about other events in wizarding history or future. I think the series wrapped up pretty solidly for Harry and I worry that basing a new series on the next generation, or continuing his story might cheapen the ending in book 7.

Unrelatedly:

New trailer for DH part 2. ;____; I am going to bawl at this movie guys. This trailer even makes me tear up.

hellojazzii

s ♥ n e
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 7, 2014
may i join? :D i absolutely love the harry potter series!

What house are you in?: gryffindor.
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): cherrywood, nine and a half inches, phoenix tail.
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: yellow!

New trailer for DH part 2. ;____; I am going to bawl at this movie guys. This trailer even makes me tear up.

oh, i knoww. i got chills every single time i watched it (and i clicked the 'replay' button a lot) and i'm debating whether i watch it in theaters or wait for the dvd to come out because it's the very last movie and i want to put off watching it as long as possible (it sounds a bit silly, i know. ^__^; ), yet watching it in theaters is more fun for me but.. i'd rather cry at the death scenes by myself. xD;

edit:

i find the part where it shows baby!harry with the tear streaks on his face to be so heartbreaking. ):

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
I can definitely relate. I can't wait to see this but at the same time, I'm dreading it because I know it's the end. Except then that pottermore thing leaked out so now I'm not sure what to think. But it's still the end of the saga I grew up with so. ;~;

I'm gonna see it with my best friends from HS. We came out of the first part and went "midnight showing for part 2?" and all nodded in agreement. I'm even cutting a vacation short so I can fly back home and see it with them. And I have one friend who'll cry even more than I will so we'll sit next to each other and not be ashamed at all to be bawling at the sad parts. XD;

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Someone was criticizing how Rowling ended the final confrontation was a "big anti-climatic farcical let-down". He further stated that the flashing lights, canon correction, and new dialogues will add action to the movie. Either this person is more of an action-type movie-goer, or I don't know what. I'd love to ask him how would he have written that "showdown" scene.

To me, I think because this series have been running for so long, we were awaiting some kind of "stare-down" between Voldemort and Harry, and after so much has happened from Book 1 to Book 6, we're so ready to take him down now, no matter how Rowling ended it. What do you guys think?

Cherrim

Years
That's kind of how I felt. I didn't care exactly how it ended, so long as it did and in a mostly happy way.

I do kind of hope that the movie concentrates a bit more on the deaths at Hogwarts in the end. D: iirc in the book, Harry just mutely walks past and takes note of them as he heads for the forest and I didn't feel it did justice to the many established characters (instead of blank faces) who died. :c

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Lightning said:
iirc in the book, Harry just mutely walks past and takes note of them as he heads for the forest and I didn't feel it did justice to the many established characters (instead of blank faces) who died.

I'd feel that way too though, in a daze and not looking left or right at his companions. And at that point, he was the one who's life was in most jeopardy, because he was the one facing Voldemort, not anybody else. So their current situations weren't as important as what he was going through then. Quite understandable.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I probably won't be here to nerdgasm over the movie after I watch it, but man I am VERY excited. XD

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
Years
I'll probably pop in for a little while to nerdgasm if I'm not already preoccupied with bawling my poor eyes out. I'm going to see the midnight release with my mom, & hopefully a friend from school that graduated last Friday. We all went for part 1 together, & we wanted to see part 2 together too.

Plus, it's been tradition that my mom & I go see the movies together at midnight (or you know, around midnight since the showings usually fill up & they add more) at the same movie theater that's across the street from my high school. I'm not breaking tradition now. <3

The trailer was so intense, and I was so tensed up for it, & my eyes were watering. I've never cried at (or in for that matter) a movie before, & I think Harry Potter might ruin that for me. (Better Harry Potter than something else though. & I saw Marley & Me, and that was pretty emotional for me, but I didn't cry.)

Cherrim

Years
I'd feel that way too though, in a daze and not looking left or right at his companions. And at that point, he was the one who's life was in most jeopardy, because he was the one facing Voldemort, not anybody else. So their current situations weren't as important as what he was going through then. Quite understandable.
That's true, and I guess it makes sense since nearly the whole series is just from Harry's point of view but the movies aren't as restricted by POV the way the books are. So hopefully we get more than just a glimpse as he walks by. :(

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Yeah, the movies haven't been that well in that department, but they've been improving slowly, and I've seen quite the difference in DH 1.

Cherrim

Years
DH is being a better adaptation since it was split into two, instead of trying to cram everything into just one movie. :D And since that's kind of a heart-breaking moment (good for eliciting emotion in the viewers), I'm hoping they'll get more than just a pan and "oh, they're dead." @@; There's already a dramatic part with Tonks and Lupin reaching for each other in the trailer so... :>

Is anyone else re-reading the books or re-watching the movies in anticipation of the next movie? I just started a part-time temporary job the other day doing data entry for a section of the company my dad works at and since it's pretty menial labour, I've been listening to the Harry Potter books while I work. I just finished up book 3 today and I'm loading book 4 onto my phone right now. ♥

Also, the Pottermore announcement is at 7AM EST tomorrow, I think. :>

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
The encyclopedia sounds very exciting to me. Of course, it was known to be an encyclopedia, but we just didn't know what the name would be. :) Clever Jo.

I've a pretty good memory of Book 7. In fact, I re-read it after Part 1 came out last year. When I saw that movie, I kept thinking, "Oh my god I forgot so much!!". Personal embarrassment, so yeah.

Back