• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
I was going to price your top two tonight, but for several of these I need to know if they're first edition cards or not (if they are English 1st editions, they'll have a black circle with a transparent "1" in it to the bottom left of the picture; if they're japanese 1st editions, they'd have to have a copyright year of 2003 or later and have a "1" stacked on top of "edition" in the bottom right-hand corner of the card next to a rarity symbol or letter and a set symbol). Additionally, for Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Magneton, Chansey, Machamp, Alakazam, and Nidoking, I'll need to know whether each of the cards has a shadow to the left of the picture frame or not. That will affect the values as well.

I'm fairly certain that only applies to the 1st Edition version.
The shining charizard and charizard are not 1st edition, my chansey is shadowless the rest arnt that you listed

Years
This card is from B&W, and just wanting to know whats it worth.

Spoiler:

I have never posted in the TCG threads before, be gentle

Common, $0.10 at most. See the first post of this thread for a set of full guidelines to follow when posting in this thread. I would rather people not post commons because, well, they're common, and therefore not worth anywhere close to as much monetarily as everyone thinks.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2013
Hello, i really need to know what the value of these cards are.

Shiny 1st edition Machamp,
Lvl. 67 100 hp
8/102

Promo Mewtwo
70 hp (Lvl 60)
in the bottom right corner, it says 14 on it.

Shiny Charzard
120 hp
4/130
it has a 2 with a pokeball on top (Lvl. 76)

Shiny Kangaskhan
90 hp (Lvl. 40)
Jungle Pack
5/54

Years
The shining charizard and charizard are not 1st edition, my chansey is shadowless the rest arnt that you listed

Totally didn't catch this with the pages turning last night, sorry!

Prices will be mixed in with some requests for further details on some cards, and I'll be going down your list from the top, in increments of 5.

Neo Destiny Shining Charizard: $40 to $60 is what it's been going for.
Base Set Shadowed Charizard: $20 to $30.
Base Set Shadowed Venusaur: $10 to $15.
ex Ruby & Sapphire Sneasel ex: $3 to $7.
Jungle Pinsir 6/64: I'll need to know if this one is a 1st Edition or not before pricing.
I'll also need 1st edition status for Victreebel from the next 5 cards in the list, which I'll do after the next time you post here.

If none of your cards in your list have 1st edition, feel free to just say so. I know for sure that Machamp has a 1st Edition stamp because that's the only way they printed the card, but I'd like to know about the rest of the cards.

Hello, i really need to know what the value of these cards are.

Shiny 1st edition Machamp,
Lvl. 67 100 hp
8/102

Promo Mewtwo
70 hp (Lvl 60)
in the bottom right corner, it says 14 on it.

Shiny Charzard
120 hp
4/130
it has a 2 with a pokeball on top (Lvl. 76)

Shiny Kangaskhan
90 hp (Lvl. 40)
Jungle Pack
5/54

Base Set 1st Edition Holofoil Machamp: Could you tell me if this card has a shadow to the right of the picture box or not? That affects its value.
Base Set 2 Holofoil Charizard (different Charizard from the Charizards I priced for crocacola above): $10 to $15.
Jungle Holofoil Kangaskhan: $1 to $2.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2013
The Machamp is Shadowless

Also, could i get prices on these cards?

All three are from the Fossil set.

Articuno
70 HP
17/62
(It is not a Holo)

Zapdos
80 HP
30/62
(It's also not a holo)

Shadowless Holo Moltres
70 HP
12/62

I Also have an Ancient Mew, and i was wondering if it was worth something.

Promo Electabuzz, and on the picture, it says "Kids WB Presents POKEMON The First Movie" in gold text"
60 HP and it has a 2 on the bottom right corner.

Promo Pikachu, and on the picture, it says "Kids WB Presents POKEMON The First Movie" in gold text"
50 HP and On the bottom right corner it has a 4.

Also,

Holo Ninetales
80 HP
12/102
it doesn't say the set on it.
it is NOT shadowless.

I was wondering, i have a lot of promo cards, so are they worth anything at all?

Last edited:
Years
The Machamp is Shadowless

Also, could i get prices on these cards?

All three are from the Fossil set.

Articuno
70 HP
17/62
(It is not a Holo)

Zapdos
80 HP
30/62
(It's also not a holo)

Shadowless Holo Moltres
70 HP
12/62

I Also have an Ancient Mew, and i was wondering if it was worth something.

Promo Electabuzz, and on the picture, it says "Kids WB Presents POKEMON The First Movie" in gold text"
60 HP and it has a 2 on the bottom right corner.

Promo Pikachu, and on the picture, it says "Kids WB Presents POKEMON The First Movie" in gold text"
50 HP and On the bottom right corner it has a 4.

Also,

Holo Ninetales
80 HP
12/102
it doesn't say the set on it.
it is NOT shadowless.

I was wondering, i have a lot of promo cards, so are they worth anything at all?

Pricing just those first 4 for now and will get to the others later on.

Shadowless 1st Edition Base Set Machamp: $5 to $10.
Fossil Articuno 17/64: $1 to $3.
Fossil Zapdos 30/64: $1 to $3.
Shadowless Fossil Moltres: I'm pretty sure this card doesn't come in a shadowless form so I'm gonna need to see a picture of it.

I'll get to the rest at a later point in the day.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Are old cards undervalued because they're useless in tournaments (low HP, damage) nowadays?

Just curious. I'd have figured they'd be worth more if they're in mint condition.

Years
It's more that there's just so many in circulation. A few Base Set cards have astronomical values, though, if they're 1st Edition, simply because 1st Edition cards are pretty rare and certain Pokemon are much more sought after by collectors.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
It's more that there's just so many in circulation. A few Base Set cards have astronomical values, though, if they're 1st Edition, simply because 1st Edition cards are pretty rare and certain Pokemon are much more sought after by collectors.

Oh, because of all the hype back then? I guess there were a lot more packs being sold than nowadays worldwide.

Thanks for the information.

Years
All the newer cards with high values (specifically, the ones from the Black & White sets), however, have substantial markups because they're tournament legal and very good and sought after (when people need multiples of a hard to find card just to win a single game). See Pokemon Catcher as an example of a very value-inflated card due to tournaments.

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2013
Snorlax
90 HP
Jungle
11/64
Holo

Moltres
70 HP
Fossil
27/62

Dialga