• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
i have a big problem.
I can compile a new script in Emerald.
i use XSE.
Do you know why?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is there a way to use the behaviour hidden without making the game restart?

er... try adding a level script in the map where it hides the person with the command 'hidesprite'...

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I change a pallete in APE, then I check in UnLZ.GBA. The pallete is corrupted. How do I fix those kind of things?

I imported a 16-color pal.

This is how it looks in UnLZ.GBA:
1.png

This is how it looks in APE:
2.png
Plz... I need to know...
I'd like to insert Fakemon into my hack...

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I got some qusetions.

1) At which offset in the Ram in Fire Red, is the player's palette byte stored?
2) What is the offset for the irls backsprites for Fire Red in Tile Molester?
3) How do I change the trainer cards in Fire Red?

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
I've got a glitch in my game, I'm not sure what caused it, but here goes:

It's a script that involves a battle between two team Rocket grunts, after the battle everything looks glitched.

Spoiler:

The things with circles around them shouldn't be there. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? The script goes on though... but the glitched stuff stays there.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
I've got some glitchy images in my pause menu:

14jm4ut.png

I've used AdvanceMap, Overworld Editor RE, Starter Map Chooser Advance, Title-Screen Cry Changer, and XSE on the hack so far. It looks this glitchy from the moment the game starts, so I doubt it's any of the scripts that are making things look funny. (Plus, there's only one script in this version of the hack, and it's a simple talking script.) Of the above tools, I'm most inclined to suspect the Title-Screen Cry Changer for causing this, because I haven't heard of any similar problems with any of the other tools, but I haven't heard any testimonial about the Title-Screen Cry Changer at all.

If this is the biggest problem my hack has, I'll be perfectly happy, since this is relatively minor, and I think that any players who are searching for ROM hacks have a pretty good knowledge of what the items in the Start menu do. Still, if it's indicative of a bigger glitch just waiting to kick in, I'd rather know now.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
Can someone tell me what the offset in Unlz (fire red) the I can find the question mark sprite?? Or where I can find it on the internet. You know, the one that is for a pokemon that doesn't exist? It is a question mark inside of a circle, and it is black and white. I'm sure you have seen it once or twice. Here is the backsprite, but I cannot find the front sprite.
5wfcc6.png

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Can someone tell me what the offset in Unlz (fire red) the I can find the question mark sprite?? Or where I can find it on the internet. You know, the one that is for a pokemon that doesn't exist? It is a question mark inside of a circle, and it is black and white. I'm sure you have seen it once or twice. Here is the backsprite, but I cannot find the front sprite.
5wfcc6.png
If I'm not mistaken they are the same image for front and back sprites.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
Is it possible...

So I'm leading a hack project. No, it doesn't have a thread on PC, but it might eventually, when we have enough done to start advertising.

There are a couple issues I need cleared up early on in the project. Here are my questions...

Is it possible to add a new element? If not, is it possible to overwrite the ??? type?

Is it possible to add new attacks?

Is it possible to edit the graphics used in attack animations?

Is it possible to add new abilities with the effects of existing abilities?

Is it possible to edit the screwy FRLG Pokedex system so that it reads "Kailou Dex" rather than "Kanto Dex"? For that matter, are there any Pokemon-data-editing programs that can change a Pokemon's assigned habitat?

Is it possible to edit the Gengar/Nidorino fight scene in the FRLG intro?

Those pictures of Prof. Oak and the rival in Oak's intro - is it possible to edit them? For that matter, is it possible to change the intro beyond the text and Pokemon?

What is the cheapest and most plausible way to go about creating Pokemon cries?

Where can I get Cyclone?

Where can I find a ROM map, or whatever document outlines the location of certain data, for FRLG?

If anyone could answer any of these questions, I would be eternally grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back