• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Wow, lots of Zubat! Congratulations. Hope you find what you were looking for, though. [:

So, I was chaining today for shiny Shinx, Ralts, or Ponyta (in that order). I failed miserably because I had missed something while learning how to chain. But, once I understood, I continued in trying to get a shiny Ponyta. After 12 chains, I walked to a normal shaking spot of grass- the one farthest away from my character.

It turned out to be a RE shiny. <3
I've been hoping for a shiny Ponyta for ages. I was so shocked, but incredibly happy. This totally made my day.

Brave nature, often lost in thought, likes spicy food, level 14, and female. I'll post pictures later. I'm going to be cloning her for trading.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Spoiler:

say hello to my fifth shiny Zubat...... i now have a Zubat and Patrat army, ready to take over the world......

Yes, im still alive, but it seems like the shinys now hate me, as they arent coming as much as they used to.

Well, i wanted anything OTHER than a Zubat in this cave, now i believe im just goning to follow the swarms in the game for now

Well, this is interesting:

Spoiler:

a couple hours later, following a Kricketot swarm, i get my third Hoothoot. SoulSilver is a-trollin me.

Slenderman, my hunt when i was in Rock Tunnel was for either Onix, Cubone or Kangkaskhan.

i'll post the stats for the 2 Zubats and the Hoothoot at a later time

Years
An unofficial welcome to the club, ~Rai~ and ExeTheTyphlosion!

Congrats Slender on the Ponyta - even cooler that you got in 1/8192 huh?? :D
Congrats Keruso on Hoothoot and Zubat, and good luck finding an un-trollish shiny^^

@Bern - That sounds like a really good idea! I have one from 3 regions 1/8192/Masuda already, so I will be making an effort to get some from the other two! :D

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Thanks. [:
Yeah haha. I guess that means I still need to learn how to chain, though. x;

Here's that picture I mentioned. Forgot to post it until now.

936771_590372924321218_395849275_n.jpg

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to all new members, and congrats on all the new shinies! There has been a lot of luck going around recently. It's been over a year since my last shiny.

This week's random hunt is... Ledyba!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I guess this is my lucky couple of days...after chaining a portion of the day, I finally reached 40. I had to reset the radar quite a few times, but eventually spotted that shiny patch.

Now I have a shiny male Ralts. <3

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Slender: Gratz on the Ponyta!
Keruso: Gratz of catching Zubat and Hoothoot!

My tentacool hunt stands at 500 REs near Cherrygrove City on Heartgold. Ive decided that im gonna go try chain something for a while. I think ill do this after every 500 or so REs just to break the hunts down a little.

Just as a point of conversation that ive been curious about. how do people keep tally of their encounters? I myself sit with a pencil and notebook, and i just mark down on the paper whenever i find a wild pokemon, like a proper tally. The problem i have is when dual hunting i cant really do it, so it annoys me XD Just curious how you guys keep records :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Slender: Gratz on the Ponyta!
Keruso: Gratz of catching Zubat and Hoothoot!

My tentacool hunt stands at 500 REs near Cherrygrove City on Heartgold. Ive decided that im gonna go try chain something for a while. I think ill do this after every 500 or so REs just to break the hunts down a little.

Just as a point of conversation that ive been curious about. how do people keep tally of their encounters? I myself sit with a pencil and notebook, and i just mark down on the paper whenever i find a wild pokemon, like a proper tally. The problem i have is when dual hunting i cant really do it, so it annoys me XD Just curious how you guys keep records :)

there's an App for that ;)

Years
@Fishyfins Here's the comment from last time this question was asked^^-

As to your questions~ when I SR, I use my computer for entertainment I.E. streaming movies, and also have the calculator/s up that I need. A tip for that: when you start, do your number of RE's plus one, press equals, and just press equals/the enter key whenever you SR :3

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
@Fishyfins Here's the comment from last time this question was asked^^-

Well, i know how ill be doing it from now on! so much simpler XD thanks for that :)

So yeah, last night i went chaining. Ive found that its like riding a bike - you never forget. Its been well over 2 years since the last time i chained, but i didnt have any problems with this one. I thought id go to Eterna forest and chain Buneary, but Murkrow unexpectedly showed up, so i thought id chain that instead. The first shiny patch appeared at a chain of 36, and i got another 2 at 40 before the chain broke (though one of them was KOd cos of an unlucky critical). Chain decided to break when i ran slightly to far in resetting the radar (but was within the patch of grass). Oh well, i got 2 shiny Murkrows :)

Now, on with the Tentahunt ^^

Years
Congrats on the Murkrow Fishyfins!

Just thought I'd post a quick update since I haven't for a week or so:
Dialga SRs - 3900
Moltres SRs - 7430
Eevee MM - 2020

EDIT:
More numbers lol
Dialga SRs - 4325
Moltres SRs - 8080
Eevee MM - 2085

Really really want a shiny this April.. two months in a row without a shiny would not be good!

Last edited:

SuspectedElk

Two Tailed Wonder
Years
Took a break for a few days from hunting Regice to play through Heart Gold for the first time. No shinies on the way through, but I'm excited for all legendary targets in that game. Looking forward to hunting some of them after I find Regice.

Regice - 4,400

Years
Well im currently hunting a petalburg forest shiny on my emerald, sapphire and ruby at the same time! Going for either a shroomish or a slakoth ^___^, i wont be so happy if its a pooch/zigz =/

Years
I just got a shiny! Yeahhh! Shiny Moltres after 8156. I was sitting there watching Shadow of the Colossus, and thinking about how Moltres was about to go over the odds, when BAM! Shiny Moltres appeared! I saw the end of the sparkles too. It took me a while to realise the colour was different though.

Spoiler:

It is Hardy nature and it's IVs:

Moltres - #146 (Hardy)
HP: 26 - 27
Att: 18 - 19
Def: 4 - 5
SpA: 16 - 17
SpD : 22 - 23
Speed: 0 - 1

EDIT: I'm just going to go back to Kyurem for now until I get Eevee. After that I'm going to reset my SS and HG to go for another one or two Johto starters (depending how fast they come) before continuing my first route hunt on those games for whichever one I choose to be my badge quest game.

Last edited:

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Havn't been on in a while due to having 3 stressful school weeks which also means I havn't really been able to hunt. Anyway I guess congrats to all of you who got a shiny recently, and welcome to any new members. And ~Rai~ hats off to you. I mean over 275,000 SR's without finding a shiny Volcarona, I probably would've put it in hold at 100,000 for like 3 months, anyway hope that one shines soon.

As for my hunts, really not much progress, I decided to restart my Abra hunt from a while back:
Dialga: 5586 SR's
Random Chaining: Not much luck I can never get over 20 pokemon now apparently.
Abra:65 Pokemon
Tympole 249 RE's

BTW:TheShinyEevee, I just noticed you're also hunting Dialga, so what do you say wanna race?

Last edited:
Years
I haven't been shiny hunting in a while, but I will right now! I stopped hunting for Minccino and now I am looking for a Tympole. I am very impatient so it is hard for me to hunt without quitting, but I still do it.

Years
Congrats on the moltres, I have yet to get an SR or MM shiny :(, i gotta step my game up ;). Having hatched 2000+ litwick eggs with nothing.. Grrr. I am up to about id say 400 encounters on Petalburg forest. And i decided to MM charmander on my White version, hatched 30 eggs :x with nothing yet! I will probably get to 200 then switch targets lol ;)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Just wanted to update quickly.
I've been practicing chaining lately, because of the luck I had with Ralts. I ended up with three shiny Skitty (2 female, 1 male), because it was the current swarm. Only ended because I ran out of repels. x:

Congratulations on the shiny Moltres. {:

I think my next goal will be either SRing for a Dratini or chaining for Electrike.

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Just 20 days after finding a shiny Dunsparce on this same Platinum file, I manage to chain a Shiny Skitty after pretty much failing to get a chain over 20 on pretty much every other chaining attempt since my Dunsparce.Shiny Skitty is awesome, as Skitty it makes my list of top 10 cutest pokemon plus I have already equalled my shiny total for the whole of last year. Plus all of my Platinum shinies have been found on my blue DSi XL, I know which system to play Platinum on. :). Completed the April Shiny quest thing as Skitty can learn Rain Dance.

BTW ⊗Slenderman⊗ I didn't know you had chained a shiny Skitty as well, only about an hour difference between my Skitty and your third as I caught mine at 5:46 PM. Congratz.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
S'up guys, I'm new here and I'm pretty interested in joining this awesome club. My names Jonathan, but Jonny or Dimi does just fine.

I have 2 Chikorita, 2 Totodile, Cyndaquil, Eevee, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. The Starters I hunted, the Eevee I had help for from my exgf (I used her HG to get the Eevee), but the birds were a gift for me by the same ex. At the beginning of autumn, my SS got corrupted. I was 30+/- short of having all pkmn from the first 4 generations. My first Shiny was actually a Charmander from LeafGreen but stored on said SS before I lost everything. As a surprise, she hunted the Birds for me. In return, I gave her my second Shiny Cyndaquil. I'm actually waiting for her to finish with my LeafGreen (she's trying to get Mewtwo for herself before I restart the game for the 1 Gen Shinies).

At the moment, I'm trying to hunt Torchic in Emerald. I was hunting it for a week on Sapphire but then find out that the dry battery might be what's been holding me back. That's a problem because I ordered my Emerald from Hong Kong and for some reason, it wont let me migrate pkmn from it to my SS or Platinum or my ex's HG. I have to trade into Sapphire and migrate from there. I'm also trying to get my hands on a Pikachu from Viridian Forest in HG or Pichu through Chaining in Platinum's Trophy Garden. But, I'm super suck at the Chaining. Havent gotten higher than 12 Pichus. >.< The third pkmn Im hoping to get is Dratini but that's a long ways from now.

I have LeafGreen, Emerald, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black, White, and Black 2. The HeartGold is my ex's as mentioned, and the dry Sapphire is my best friend's.

My overall goal was once to be a pkmn master for that I gather several games. I completed my Black pokedex, but lost my chance at Gens 1-4 pkmn. So. Now my goal is to recreate my SS party. My party was Meganium, Kabutops, Blaziken, Raichu, Dragonite and Tyrannitar. But, since a shiny kabuto and larvitar aren't so easily or early-on gotten I opted for Totodile and Eevee/eventually Umbreon.

My secondary goal is to collect the all five Generations of Starters and Legendaries, and another other Shinies that might accidentally get in my way. :]

Good luck with the hunting guys, and congrats to the hunts completed.

Back