• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'll always have you... as a tattoo.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Why would you want to hide it? Ideally I would get it in replacement of a wedding ring.

I'm not saying this to be a debbie-downer, but I do think it's silly to get a tattoo ring in replacement of a real one. This is gonna sound awfully harsh, but what if you don't stay together forever like planned? The tattoo would serve as a permanent reminder, and I hear tattoo removal is painful. Of course, that's worst case scenario.

In a general sense, I don't mind tattoos, so long as they aren't ridiculous. But if a person can make it so that it looks neat, then good for you. As for if I'd get one, probably not. I'd love one, but they're apparently against my religion. And while I might not be the most religious person, tattoos are sorta permanent (even if they aren't, I know). If I could, though, I'd totally get a spider web on my elbow. I always thought those look cool.

And I don't think it'll hurt. I have a few friends that have gotten tattoos, one recently. She said it tickled. And felt good apparently

And no problem, danks. =D

FayAurora

Dark-Type Trainer/Breeder
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Hope you don't mind if I join this conversation :)
First off, awesome tattoo! I love FMA, and will even be cosplaying as Winry in July!

Anywaaays:
How do you feel about tattoos in general? I love tattoos and was raised with them. My mom has quite a few, ranging from a gecko running across her feet, leaving muddy footprints behind, to scriptures on her arms, to always remind her of what's important in life. I believe tattoos are a beautiful way to express yourself, and I'm planning on several that I want to get.

Do you have any tattoos? What of? What do they mean? If not, why not? And what do you want, if anything? I don't currently have any tattoos at the moment, but I plan on getting some. My plans for my tattoos are all simple and will all always have a meaning to them. Like I won't ever do a boyfriend's/husband's name, because in a worst case scenario, something may happen and we might break-up/get divorced, but a few names I will do would probably be my mom's name and both of my older brother's names.

Family means the world to me, and I never want to forget that. My mom would give up anything for me and my brothers, my older brother, though a brat and a jerk, still means a lot to me and has taught me many lessons, and my oldest brother is in the NAVY, and he just means so much to me, risking his life for me, my family, and this country.

Probably the only other name I would get as a tattoo is 'Brandon A. Meyer'. He was a family friend, and was my pastor's son; probably one of the biggest influences in my life. He was like a brother to me, and had joined the ARMY. He died about 8 days after my birthday some years back, and I will never forget that beautiful soul.

Some other tattoos I want would be things I grew up with, like Pokemon. I really want some tribal Pokemon tattoos, though I haven't decided which Pokemon exactly. But Pokemon has actually been a big part of my life, and has had many wonderful memories with it.

Finally, a tattoo that I definitely want to get, and it will be my first tattoo, is a four leaf clover with a music note in it. The four leaf clover symbolizes how lucky I am to be alive, and the music note is because music is life to me; another beautiful way to express one's self.

So yeah, like I said, I want quite a few tattoos, all which have deep meanings to them.
(Sorry for the super long post ^///^)

tnfsf11

I see tattoos as a "body decoration", people are free to have one (or some lol) but I don't really endorse them because you'll probably get one when you're young & regret it later because it may not be welcomed at work/school, also drunk tattoos (mainly butt tattoos lol) are a dilemma too {XD}

As much as I would love a permanent tattoo I would prefer a tattoo that is temporary but lasts for a long while, I once got one but it got washed away so fast since I clean my hands a lot... My first was a red/blue starfish & I got it on my wrist & everyone who saw thought it was a cross & said "WHAT"S THIS?" it was kinda shocking since I'm a Muslim & my name is Muslim-ish also so people get surprised until I tell them it's a freakin' five pointed starfish :) & hold my wrist against their face so they can see ^_^
I would love to get that tattoo again but this time I should use a longer-lasting temporary tattoo ink...

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oh, speaking of the whole Muslim-tattoo talk that AnonygooseD, that reminded me of something else, henna tattoos.

While I guess they're culturally used on women more often than men, I get them sometimes, cause they can look pretty damn badass if used correctly. For those who don't know, henna's basically a putty like material that's made from a plant iirc with a special dye. When the putty/paste is left on skin for a while, it leaves a mark, usually reddish in color. It lasts for a while, depending on the quality of the henna, and it's perfect for temporary fun. Don't be like me, though, and henna-tat your name on your hand.

Spoiler:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I had forgotten to reply to this. I:

I don't have tattoos but I don't care if other people do. Heck, in my close family, I'm the only one who doesn't. X}

Pretty sure it'd be a bad idea, because I would hate it later. Though I admittedly am tempted to try to just put a scar in the shape of the operator symbol (that thing in my username) somewhere that wouldn't be obvious. {:
That seems less permanent (I've had several scars that completely faded on their own) and easier to hide.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
How do you feel about tattoos in general?

I love tattoos. Even just as art. They are an expression of personality, gotta love 'em.

Do you have any tattoos? What of? What do they mean? If not, why not? And what do you want, if anything?

A few weeks ago I had a 'screw it, why not' moment, and a tattoo. In short, I'm rather sore, but I like the work. On my left wrist I have the Seal of Rassilon from Doctor Who. When I get a working camera I'll post a pic. Right now it's a bit reddish anyway.

Did it hurt getting the tattoo? If you don't have one, do you think that it will?

Like I said, a little sore, like a bruise that only hurts when you touch it.

Getting it wasn't that bad. It stung a little, but the guy was really nice and kept me talking. After a while I didn't feel a thing and it kind of felt cool.

Anyways nowadays they have this gel that numbs your skin.

tnfsf11

As Bloodex said, Hennah is also a good "style" of tattoo, it has an Arab origin & is mainly for girls, it's temporary but lasts for long if the ink is good, where I live people can easily tell if it's Hennah or not so only girls use it.
Here are some examples for those who don't know it, the drawings are mainly patterns similar to plants & flowers & imo are very stylish for women, open the spoilers.
Spoiler:

Years
Lots of really neutral opinions on here about this..

I am very much pro tattoo's but with some serious conditioning.
I hate:
Spoiler:

I do however enjoy well thought out and original work in any form.

I myself have 3, technically 6 but three are practically the one. I definitely plan on getting many more done but at the moment I'm testing out which artists do a good enough job to work on something more noticeable.

Did it hurt? Oh my no, I was practically falling asleep during the one on my wrist. The worst place was shading over the edge of my shoulder blade because I'm a skinny guy and there isn't really any meat.

I think tattoos should be used only as a form of self expression, emphasis on self. Exceptions are only to get small matching tattoos symbolic of an event or shared experience. Otherwise they should be personal and not used to attain status in social groups.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
How do you feel about tattoos in general?
I personally do not like tattoos, its simply poison to the blood and looks bad when the skin gets old and wrinkly, but people can happily wear tattoos I accept their decision.

Do I have any? And do I want one?
I have no Tattoos, and I do not want any.

Do I think it'll hurt?
Hell yeah it hurts lmao.
Spoiler:

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
its simply poison to the blood

Bloodborne diseases. If the equipment used to create your tattoo is contaminated with infected blood, you can contract various bloodborne diseases — including tetanus, hepatitis B and hepatitis C.

If you go to a good parlor shop where tools are sterilized and not reused, there's a very very little chance that can happen. Just so you know ;) :)

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
That Henna stuff looks uncomfortable. I had heard about it... but I never have actually seen it or looked up what it actually was. It looks like mud, imo, with the way that it is just sitting on top of the skin like that... I like tattoos, because they actually change the pigment of your skin. I hate erase-able pens, because they just put a layer of the ink on-top of the paper(that's why you can erase it!) and not only does it write terrible, it looks terrible... kinda reminds me of Henna.

@Diab_Low: Like danks said, if you go to a safe place, they you will have no worry. The tattoo artist that I know uses brand new needles every time, and sanitizes his equipment after every tattoo. Even if it is on the same person.

As for that picture... that guy just looks like a wuss! I didn't even move a muscle when I was getting my cross tat (that also happens to be in FMA) inked on my kitchen table *cough*Plumpyfoof*cough*

But no really, Plumpufoof, I find the things that you dislike about tattoos weird. You say that you believe tattoos should be a form of self-expression, with the emphasis on self, yet then you have this list of all these things that are "wrong" to do. What does it matter, what tattoo people get? It isn't on your body, nor does their choice affect you. Even if it is the most cliche tattoo ever, you don't know what meaning it could have to the person who chose it. I know plenty of people who get common symbols, and I can tell you that none of their stories behind it are the same... Not to mention, even on such symbols, people often get their own additions and changes added to it, to not only personalize it, but also to further explain the story that their tattoo was supposed to tell. Mine for instance, is the flamel cross. This happens to be on Full Metal Alchemist, but that is not where I got the symbol from. I actually happened to get the idea from Nicolas Flamel's gravestone, which has this symbol on it. When it gets boiled down to it, it essentially means what once made you weaker, now makes you stronger. I have my own experiences that have led me to put that, and while my tattoo isn't exactly the most unique thing around, it is FAR from being complete, as when I add in all the other tattoos around it, the whole thing is going to come together.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Only reason tattoo's have been so directly related to STDs and other diseases like danks mentioned is cause underage kids are fools and decide to go to their friend's house to get a homejob. Obviously the place hasn't been sterilized like it should be, and cause of that diseases are rampant. If everyone went ahead and actually got a tattoo like they were supposed to, the incidence of blood-borne diseases via inking would be significantly less, I'm sure.

diab_low

Years
If you go to a good parlor shop where tools are sterilized and not reused, there's a very very little chance that can happen. Just so you know ;) :)

Yeah buddy you have a point there :) but I'm talking about the Ink itself some of it enters the bloodstream through the pores of the skin

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
Absolute not. There is no way for the tattoo ink to enter your bloodstream unless you are jamming something all the way through your skin and reaching the veins beneath. A tattoo machine, even if setup to run at its longest stroke length will not travel far enough to go completely through your skin. Unless you're working on a scar tissue area, that is a different ball game.

Someone stated that when you get a tattoo, ink is placed between the first and second layer. Well, they are not completely correct. The ink settles in the dermis which is the second group layer of skin. This is after the needles carrying the ink pass through all '5' layers of the epidermis. And different areas of the body have different thicknesses of skin. That is why using an artist working from home or even an artist in a shop that just knows how to tattoo but does not actually know about the canvas they are working on can cause damage.

diab_low

Years
Absolute not. There is no way for the tattoo ink to enter your bloodstream unless you are jamming something all the way through your skin and reaching the veins beneath. A tattoo machine, even if setup to run at its longest stroke length will not travel far enough to go completely through your skin. Unless you're working on a scar tissue area, that is a different ball game.

Someone stated that when you get a tattoo, ink is placed between the first and second layer. Well, they are not completely correct. The ink settles in the dermis which is the second group layer of skin. This is after the needles carrying the ink pass through all '5' layers of the epidermis. And different areas of the body have different thicknesses of skin. That is why using an artist working from home or even an artist in a shop that just knows how to tattoo but does not actually know about the canvas they are working on can cause damage.

Ahh I get you man, yeah because I heard it can get in your skin and all that stuff but anyway thanks for clearing that out

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
Na, it's cool, that's a bad misconception that's made because the Red Cross usually asks people to donate blood only a year after they've gotten a Tattoo. It's not poisoning the blood, they ask for the tattoo to be a year old to be sure you haven't been infected with any disease, since some diseases take time to develop or show signs of existence they make you wait. It's all good :p

Honest

Hi!
Years
That Henna stuff looks uncomfortable. I had heard about it... but I never have actually seen it or looked up what it actually was. It looks like mud, imo, with the way that it is just sitting on top of the skin like that... I like tattoos, because they actually change the pigment of your skin. I hate erase-able pens, because they just put a layer of the ink on-top of the paper(that's why you can erase it!) and not only does it write terrible, it looks terrible... kinda reminds me of Henna.

You do know that you wash the mud-like thing off, right? The mark it leaves behind when you take it off is what the tattoo is. And you only leave it for about... 15 to 30 minutes? Less in some cases.

FayAurora

Dark-Type Trainer/Breeder
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
That Henna stuff looks uncomfortable. I had heard about it... but I never have actually seen it or looked up what it actually was.

Henna tattoos are actually quite comfortable, like getting a manicure, pedicure, or mud bath, it's really not that bad, unless you are like one of my friends who got one right on top of a mosquito bite that she didn't notice XD She about lost her mind with the want to scratch it!
Also they look even cooler up close and personal. :)

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
You do know that you wash the mud-like thing off, right? The mark it leaves behind when you take it off is what the tattoo is. And you only leave it for about... 15 to 30 minutes? Less in some cases.

I did not! I was confused, because some pictures looked like ink, and the others just looked like the Henna paste. That honestly sounds a whole lot better! I heard about Henna when my teacher made this little rap about one of the kids in my class just to shut up him... Either way, I think I'd prefer a real tattoo over this, although this is probably not even comparable in pain levels. And from what I looked up, you can get a light stain in that short amount of time, but if you want a darker, longer lasting tattoo, then you want to leave it on longer. I guess they also darken over time, which is pretty cool, because while it's a cool color, I can't say I'd particularly want a tattoo of that shade of orange-brown.

Back