• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: rijonAdventures (available now: 2008 beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I started playing this just before, and I'd never played the alpha. It's really good, I love the diversity of Pokemon in the wild. That you haven't stuck to the general outline of Pokemon found in the wild, eg. Pidgey, Rattata
But I've found one little bug its just outside Hayward City.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Great now we can go upto the third gym,
This looks very amazing, nice work. There may be a few errors, but ohwell it seems good to me. Nice work!
*downloads patch*

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
This question has probably already been asked but are you planning on changing the palettes (I don't care about the tiles)?
This is because, well, this is one of the best hacks I have ever played in my life, but it would be much better if there was more originality to the colors.

I haven't played it yet, but I think it should be like that. *downloads*

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
"Nino switched shoes with the running shoes," eh? What's this "Nino" business? Hmm, yes, I sense a vast conspiracy under wraps here... Vast!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Given that I'd think a graphics change would be better, and I never liked palette changes (especially those demonstrated in this forum) anyway, I'd prefer to stay far away from palette editing. If Brown resembles Red, rijonAdventures resembles FireRed. Palettes won't see a tileset 1-wide change. :x

Agreed, keep the palette the same

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Given that I'd think a graphics change would be better, and I never liked palette changes. I'd prefer to stay far away from palette editing. If Brown resembles Red, rijonAdventures resembles FireRed.
Well, I sort of agree with you, but you can make it a TINY bit different, lightening it, darkening it, more contrast, etc. I'm not sure if you even know how to palette edit, but I can palette edit for you.

Anyway, overall the hack resembles games made by Nintendo, so you should keep it up!

Last edited:

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
Nintendo makes hacks? Sweet! j/k

Changing the palette isn't as beneficial as changing the graphics, agreed. The graphics currently in place (Fire Red's) were already colored to perfection by Nintendo, as it were, and the only way to tease out a more pleasing effect is to change some of the graphics themselves. If I were to make a suggestion, I'd say to take a gander at Blue Sea edition (or even Coral/Opal) for a breathtaking demonstration of what graphics changes can do.

And any word about the Nino thing, HS? :)

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hey
how come i can only get 1 badge?
when i'm at the nugget path place
I go to the big building up ahead and i can't go through it?
Is ythat the end of the beta?

~Areku-San

Pokemon Darkblue Author
Years
The screenshots are so simply.
0 New palettes and few tiles, is so Boring that...

But well, I like the Boxtext & the GPS Map. Are so teechnologic. :D
The Map are good, and I dont like much the Fire red Base xD.
But this hack, i like it.
Good Luck.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Yes, like I said it is plain. I know that Brown resembles Red, but EVERY hack resembles what the base is (Unless you intentionally try not to make it like that).
I'd say to change it at least a bit, such as darken it, brighten it, or change the palette completely. New tiles aren't needed, just palettes would be a very good addition.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
sorry i don't know how to make a screenshot and i deleted the beta already so have to fdownload it again

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
You can take it with your Visualboy Advance.

Either that you could just use Alt+PRNT SCRN

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2016
I've been playing rijonAdventures non-stopp last weekend and I must say, I'm really, really impressed with it so far - you've really captured Rijon very well. I do, however have one little request - every time I played brown waaay back, I'd always get a doduo in my team. I was kinda disappointed not to see it there when I checked in rAdv. You already have a great selection of early pokemon already, is it possible to squeeze Doduo in? (that is, if i didnt completely miss it and it's been there all along!).

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
D_Force: Maybe later in the game, it'd be great. Doduo is a very good Pokémon, so maybe it could be possible to squeeze Doduo into the wild, or give it some kind of event where it is possible to capture it? (Or, the really newbish way, someone just gives it to you... -_-)

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2016
Maybe I need to clarify - doduo was one of the earliest available, right after the Merson(?) cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back