• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Corruption

Which Rpg maker should I use?

• RMXP

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • RM2K3

Votes: 16 23.9%

• Total voters

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Mapping for the Dark Woods has begun.
Forest1-1.png
Forest2.png

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
Cool. I don't like the trees at all, but that's your decision ^_^
Did you set the sandtiles in the post above ( the one with 8 screenshots ) to 'bush'? Because the character's legs are vaguely hidden. Wouldn't do that with a sand path if I were you.
Overall, good progress ^_^

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Cool. I don't like the trees at all, but that's your decision ^_^
Did you set the sandtiles in the post above ( the one with 8 screenshots ) to 'bush'? Because the character's legs are vaguely hidden. Wouldn't do that with a sand path if I were you.
Overall, good progress ^_^

I'ma keep with the trees. There a nice simple design without all the overlapping the player's head crap.
And, the sand tiles will be changed i just haven't done that yet.

Will do now though ;D

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
When I have fully mapped it and done the professor script.
I shall put a script in which darkens the colours like I had in the other version i did before the crash. :D

Leworldmap.png

Presenting the Septi Region ;D
Info of it has been updated to the first post :3

Last edited:

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
You've got some conflicting graphics. Your trees and that weird barrier? They've both got outlines, but the house doesn't.

And I just realised why I don't your character overworld sprite. He's standing there with his arms held out. Do you know how painful that gets after a while? It's just unrealistic. That house looks nicely set up though, with the path there and the trees surrounding it.

I just really really hate looking at that character, and you need to decide on the one style of graphics for everything, I think.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
You've got some conflicting graphics. Your trees and that weird barrier? They've both got outlines, but the house doesn't.

And I just realised why I don't your character overworld sprite. He's standing there with his arms held out. Do you know how painful that gets after a while? It's just unrealistic. That house looks nicely set up though, with the path there and the trees surrounding it.

I just really really hate looking at that character, and you need to decide on the one style of graphics for everything, I think.

I'm using B/W Graphics. In the game some of the trees (naming the one I've picked) have an outline. But the houses don't, as well as various other scenary in game.

As for Red, I did base him of off Hilbert, so hilbert had the bag under his arms, But I will change it ;D

And I'm using one style of graphics which is B/W Custom.

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
I'm using B/W Graphics. In the game some of the trees (naming the one I've picked) have an outline. But the houses don't, as well as various other scenary in game.

As for Red, I did base him of off Hilbert, so hilbert had the bag under his arms, But I will change it ;D

And I'm using one style of graphics which is B/W Custom.
This is why I don't plan on playing Black and White. Ever.

The only other problem I have with the main character sprite is that the head looks like a head and the body looks like a cardboard cutout. But maybe that'll go away with the arm fix, heh. :)

And when I said one "style" of graphics, I don't mean one single tileset. I mean one style of graphics so that all your tiles match. Three dimensional houses would match with three dimensional trees, you know? Trees with outlines will match houses with outlines. I just think it looks odd like that.

I'm liking the progress though, don't get me wrong.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This is why I don't plan on playing Black and White. Ever.

The only other problem I have with the main character sprite is that the head looks like a head and the body looks like a cardboard cutout. But maybe that'll go away with the arm fix, heh. :)

And when I said one "style" of graphics, I don't mean one single tileset. I mean one style of graphics so that all your tiles match. Three dimensional houses would match with three dimensional trees, you know? Trees with outlines will match houses with outlines. I just think it looks odd like that.

I'm liking the progress though, don't get me wrong.

Ah, Okay. I'm going to make overworlds using Calis Project's Overworld Base now.
Seems easier and ... not sure what to do about the tree thing. In my eyes it looks fine.

Could you PLEASE sen me those tree tiles? They look amazing!

I'm not giving out anything I have used in this project.
Sorry if it makes me look mean, but your gonna have to search deviant art for hours on end. As I did.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
Man, the stuff that comes in from about 10 seconds in is GREAT. That music just gives me a really giddy feeling. Beautiful choice. Where did you get it from?

And what's wrong with the official pokémon music? I plan on using it. Then again, I have a violin and cello player who'll play and record it for me, so all I have to do is select the pieces I'd like.

Personally, I think the official pokémon music is a bit of a better choice than the Sonic the Hedgehog music. My main reason for linking that site to you though was that it lists the "awesome" music from the Pokémon series and why it's awesome. The sense of adventure or the catchiness. I thought it might give you an idea of what to look for.

In other news: I still can't get over how cute that character is with his little hat and his tie. SO ADORABLE. (yes, that reaction coming from a guy. No, I'm not gay; just a brony. I have a girlfriend, I assure you)

EDIT: I really suggest you use that Green Hill music for bike or a legendary/champion/team leader battle. The start of it is spectacular for bike, I think. Hell, it'd even suit surfing music really well.

EDIT 2: OH MY GOD, YOU HAVE TO USE IT AS SURFING MUSIC. *Revels in it, kinda.*

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
It's the Harvest Moon FoMT Autumn theme but I put B/W instruments init.
And, There isn't anything wrong the with official music, I'm just choosing to not use all of them in my game.

I'm thinking of using the current 'Route 2' theme maybe for something exciting like one of the Battle Island Routes/Towns.

The Team Leader music HAS to be epic. -_-
The Champion theme will have to also be epic but as well triumphant.
And Legendary Theme (Shaderain or not) has to be epic also.

Green Hill zone, isn't epic in that way.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Got really bored, so I created the legendary battle theme #1

This will be a final piece ;D I'm quite proud.
(I shuold really do some scripting and mapping now) =3=

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Tiletest.png

Since I was using a 'Calis Project' Overworld base.
It only seemed right and fair to use their tiles too ... I like it.
I no longer have to worry about finding extra tiles ;D

Back