• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
What did you get for/what are you doing for this Christmas?

For Christmas I got OR, The Lost Symbol (Book), assorted clothes, a ridiculous amount of socks and an awesome first edition book about sequence dancing from 1951. Also I got incoming assignment deadlines and the ability to continue posting in RPs which is great.

Also, happy new year! May the future allow the RPC to continue thriving and allowing us to experience great stories and characters.

Last edited:

The Charred Mecha Dragon Zero

The Dragoness Artist
Years
I'll just ask anyway although I'm pretty sure not much is gonna be said.

Anyone interested in a Fossil Fighters (inspired?) RP? Or perhaps one crossing over several franchises including, but not limited to, Transformers, Pokémon, Digimon, FF, The Amazing World of Gumball and Megaman Zero? XP

kartöflur

actual potato
Years
WHelp hi? I'm wondering if someone here wants to roleplay in like a one-to-one thing on some other messaging thing because I'm afraid I'll break the rules accidentally here and I haven't seriously roleplayed in a while so I'll probably be super out-of-character and do really random things (if you want to do such "crack" roleplay with me I'll be willing to do that haha) and want to try to get back in practice before even attempting to make a serious post on here. You could probably direct message me or something and we could arrange stuff there?

I probably broke the rules already

Elara

Book Diver
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2015
Well, I don't celebrate Christmas so I don't have too much to say on the topic at hand. I definitely felt like I should say that I had a great month though. Hopefully that doesn't make me too off topic. Lol. I went to Disney World and that was pretty amazing! Anyway, that's what I was up to that had some interest attached to it... haha

Off topic now! I'm new around here! I must say, you have a wonderful RP community from what I can tell. I've RPed elsewhere before and just kind of stumbled upon this place. I hope to join a RP soon if anything catches my fancy. So just saying hi for now! :3

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Truth be told, I haven't heard of Fossil Fighters either although I've glimpsed CMDZ posting her idea in the Planning Thread. *goes to check*

@sparkyisme you're named after my first Pikachu. ;D Welcome to PC, you and Elara. I am sure you'll have fun. If you feel like it, check out the Character Interview thread. You could hone any character ideas you have there!

Last edited:
Years
Well, I don't celebrate Christmas so I don't have too much to say on the topic at hand. I definitely felt like I should say that I had a great month though. Hopefully that doesn't make me too off topic. Lol. I went to Disney World and that was pretty amazing! Anyway, that's what I was up to that had some interest attached to it... haha

Off topic now! I'm new around here! I must say, you have a wonderful RP community from what I can tell. I've RPed elsewhere before and just kind of stumbled upon this place. I hope to join a RP soon if anything catches my fancy. So just saying hi for now! :3

NEW PERSON!!!!

Hi

Since you're still new to this section even if you have RP'd before, I would still recommend checking up on the rules etc. Other than that, you might want to look through the RP Library which catalogues all the currently active RPs or possibly the Review Thread which might give you some idea on RPs that will be appearing in the future.

I myself have two RPs being posted in the near future - one a dark pokemon/survival kind of RP and one a sci-fi RP, and since I'm about to do a clean-up in Fragmented there might be room there soon also.

The Dragoness Artist
Years
Well, for the most part, Fossil Fighters is similar to Pokémon, except sort of like starting out a bit in terms of history (because it emphasizes more on digging than being friends with your Vivosaurs, although it is mentioned that Vivosaurs respond better to friendship a couple of times in Champions, the second FF game) and the Pokémon are prehistoric animals, like Dimetro or Allo (the blue dino in my sig) and called Vivosaurs, and you dig up fossils. However, my idea is set back farther and more like when Zongazonga (a villain in the second Fossil Fighters who was a skull that could take over bodies and turn into a dinosaur himself) was ruling Calisteo(? I forgot how to spell it) Island where the people befriended the creatures insteas of reviving them and ordering them around.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Who is interested in something like the Pokemon Trainer Academy, but Mystery Dungeon-style? That is, the world consists of Pokemon only, students learning to be explorers and such. It is almost alike PTA but since this is a PMD-RP, the story and everything else will be different.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Who is interested in something like the Pokemon Trainer Academy, but Mystery Dungeon-style? That is, the world consists of Pokemon only, students learning to be explorers and such. It is almost alike PTA but since this is a PMD-RP, the story and everything else will be different.

Sounds good :< I'm surprised we don't have more PTA-style roleplays, after its long-lasting success.

Happy New Year everyone! What would you like to see in The Roleplay Corner 2015? Any particular themes, genres or playstyles? Any events in mind? Awards?

Years
Sounds good :< I'm surprised we don't have more PTA-style roleplays, after its long-lasting success.

Happy New Year everyone! What would you like to see in The Roleplay Corner 2015? Any particular themes, genres or playstyles? Any events in mind? Awards?

Maybe people are intimidated by the genre considering its success?

As for particular themes or genres, not especially. What I would love to see though are more original RPs, stories and universes straight from the minds of the GM(s) or at least different twists on existing franchises.

I do have some ideas for events in mind, one in particular I think could be a lot of fun. I talked a bit about it with Adventure a little while ago but I'll PM you and/or Skymin as well I think. Also, I'd love to see the RPA's and RPO's or similar return again - I know that a lot of people disagree but I really love to see RPers here getting recognised for some of the amazing things they do.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
What would you like to see in The Roleplay Corner 2015? Any particular themes, genres or playstyles? Any events in mind? Awards?

Well, would be great if a certain someone would do something about the layout of the RP Library. Especially that colour scheme, eugh!

I agree with gimmepie to an extent, it would be good to bring back the RPA/Os. Perhaps instead of a popularity contest, have it like we did previously with a team of judges and people nominate RPers. Seeing as we have an excess of Mods in the forum, would be easy enough for the 3 of them to be the judges. Having quarterly awards would give you guys time to go through nominations and do judging things around your Modly duties. Means less biasedness, less popularity voting and more work for Skymin since we all know how much she loves doing extra work!

Instead of new/original RPs, I would like to see RPs finish. There has been big gaps in the Hall of Fame where there have been periods of time without any finished RPs. It's kinda sad to see RPs go past the 2 month limit when they had such promise.

New Years Resolution: Let's finish them RPs, people. Can't have SV the only one finishing RPs.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I'm actually looking for a good PMD-style RP nowadays, but alas, Odyssey was way into the story for anybody to join. </3

I'm building the concept of PMD RP, PTA style. Watch out for it soon.

The Dragoness Artist
Years
I'm not looking for anything in particular. But I'd be most interested in playing as Pokémon and anything non-Pokémon. I don't really like trainer RPs much, have enough enjoyment from the games. But I agree with you, revlis. I wish RPs would finish too. Especially for promising RPs.

Events? Awards? I have nothing in mind, but I agree with revlis about the process. It's something I'm familiar with (from the Fan Fictiom awards in SPPf). Well, except adding in votes from members. XP

Years
Well, would be great if a certain someone would do something about the layout of the RP Library. Especially that colour scheme, eugh!

I agree with gimmepie to an extent, it would be good to bring back the RPA/Os. Perhaps instead of a popularity contest, have it like we did previously with a team of judges and people nominate RPers. Seeing as we have an excess of Mods in the forum, would be easy enough for the 3 of them to be the judges. Having quarterly awards would give you guys time to go through nominations and do judging things around your Modly duties. Means less biasedness, less popularity voting and more work for Skymin since we all know how much she loves doing extra work!

Instead of new/original RPs, I would like to see RPs finish. There has been big gaps in the Hall of Fame where there have been periods of time without any finished RPs. It's kinda sad to see RPs go past the 2 month limit when they had such promise.

New Years Resolution: Let's finish them RPs, people. Can't have SV the only one finishing RPs.

I am totally okay with going back to the panel system. Especially if someone writes out those well thought out little paragraphs about winners again xD

More RPs finishing would be great too, I'm working on it but people seem to love my premises at first and then get bored. I'm not sure why though because I put in a lot of effort as a GM (too much really).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2016
i'm wanting to get a new pokemon RP (i'm kinda new here) but with maybe 1-2 other people. how can i advertise it/get people to join? i've got a sorta plot set up and i wanted to make it free flowing, but it would require a bunch of OOC talk n stuff.

The Dragoness Artist
Years
Well, there's always here. I've seen a guy advertise here about his RP. XD Not sure if it's really allowed. As for interesting people, just say what's it going to be in here to see if they're interested. Anything more than just a few sentences (or up to the point of becoming a plot) should, I believe from my experience, go to the Planning & Review thread.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
(This post is way longer than I thought, if you read this, you're a saint. If you wanted a TL;DR, I don't care.)

Perhaps, my New Year's resolution should be to be more active in discussion that takes place RPC/RPD. Here's my shot, heh.

Spoiler:

Reactions: SV
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back