• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Redux: The Sinnoh Stories [T]

Years
Woo hoo! Be looking forward to it. Really wanted to try this character out for awhile now, and truly looking forward to this RP changing my views on the Sinnoh Region.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Sarah Mackleman/ Bug Girl​
Sinnoh's protector!

Hometown: Solaceon

Appearance: At 5 feet and a stellar 2 inches, Sarah might not be the most physically imposing figure. Combined with her dark brown eyes and blonde hair down to halfway on her back. Her general attire is a shirt with red and white stripes, over which she wears a cover all. The underside of the coverall are short pants, leaving most of Sarah's upper legs revealed.

At night, however, Sarah goes out in a whole different attire, wearing a light pink pajama, with a heart pattern all over.
As Bug Girl, Sarah wears a black hoodie, black pants and a black domino mask, making sure her identity is kept secret. Her Spinarak Gwen hides underneath the hoodie, but is able to use moves like string shot through a little gap that is available to him.

Interests and Goals: Sarah is a big dreamer, seeing herself as not only future champion of Sinnoh, maybe the world and possibly even more, but also as Sinnoh's prime crime fighting vigilante. Traveling through the region, she does not plan on just defeating the gym leader in every town she visits, but also beat every thug that crosses the path of Bug Girl!

Family: Sarah is an only child, born from two parents, as most of us are. Neither of her parents were trainers, preferring a quiet life in a small town instead. Her mother works as a doctor, from which the income supports her father's career as a mildly successful painter, mostly known for his sixty piece collection of Farfetch'd leek paintings. It also allowed for Sarah to have a fairly sorrow free childhood. She never had any monetary struggles, and she was free to do anything she wanted, as long as it was safe.

Despite her parents not being trainers, Sarah still had a lot of interaction with Pokémon. The Mackleman's own several pets, such as Farfetch'd and Sewaddle, and Sarah spend a lot of time playing with the Pokémon at the daycare. Sometimes she'd even explore the woods nearby and try to befriend the local wildlife, which left her with a lot more bruises than friends.

Strengths: Sarah is in good shape. She spent most of her time outdoors, giving her good walking legs, and some nice arm strength. She doesn't tire easily from physical activity. She also received a bit of martial arts training. She's certainly no star, but she can defend herself from assault without the use of her Pokémon.

Sarah also is really willing to help. If she sees someone in need, she'll be willing to help immediately, preferably in Bug Girl persona. She has no tolerance for moral wrongdoers tolerating, and goes after everyone that tries to hurt another.
She's also superbly good at changing her clothes. She's able to slip from one outfit into another in around fifteen seconds, and this could be considered her greatest talent.

Weaknesses: Sarah is clumsy. While she tries to pay attention to where certain parts of her body are at certain moments, she will forget once she gets to enthusiastic or worked up. She also is no star at being aware of her surroundings, overlooking the obvious more than once.
Sarah is definitely less imposing than she thinks she is. Striking a strong battle pose to impress an enemy works less often than she'd like it too. She also overestimates herself and her Pokémon a bit, making her take on challenges she may not be ready for yet.
hey gp how are you?
spinarak.png
Starter pokemon: Spinarak
Nickname: Gwen
Ability: Insomnia
Moves: String Shot, Spider Web, Sticky Web, Venoshock, Pin Missile, Dig

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Do we have a villain? If not, i would like to suggest an evil team. If we have one, at least i would like to know what executives there are.

Years
There is no real antagonist to this RP, it's meant to focus on the individual stories of characters not an overarching plot. For what it's worth though, someone was planning on making a character whose goal is to start their own evil team.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Dirk Aveton / "Dirkster"
Sinnoh's Ex-Criminal
Name: Dirk "Dirkster" Aveton

Hometown: Veilstone City

Appearance: Height: 1,90m. Dirk is well built and strong. He has short, dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes to match. He wears black t-shirts and leather jackets, and dark blue jeans, sometimes ripped. He frowns a lot, mostly since everything somehow finds a way to irritate him. He wears sturdy brown boots on his feet.

At night, he sports a plain white vest, and shorts. Very simple. He's just come out of prison he's not exactly got a lot of stuff right now; he's getting back on his feet.

Interests and Goals: Recently finished his Probation period and is just abiding by the law. Left Veilstone after becoming a free man again, and travelled to Solaceon looking for something to achieve in life. Learns about the lore of the Legendaries and God Pokémon of Sinnoh and decides to travel around discovering what he can.

Family: Dirk has a mother, father and one sister. His parents became disapproving and distant from him when he was arrested, but as a child, Dirk's mother was very doting, whilst his father was always somewhat distant.

Mother: Celine Aveton. Works as a hair stylist part-time, and a housewife the rest of the time. She was a doting mother, but believed in reinforcing the independence of her children, never buying them many gifts or giving them money. Now she refers to Dirk with disdain, having lost her pride in her son.

Father: John Aveton. Works as an architecht, designing new skyscrapers for various companies around Sinnoh. This means he needs to travel a lot, and was often away from home. A very dedicated man, he did neglect his children a little, leading to Dirk's more disorderlly behaviour.

Sister: Jenny Aveton. She works as a carer for Pokémon and is very empathetic, seeing the good in everyone, and caring for everyone equally. She believes in support as the most redeeming quality of a person. Dirk will rely on her when things get tough to support him, being the only person to be able to easily communicate with the Dirk underneath.

Strengths: Dirk is very capable when it comes to more arduous tasks such as heavy lifting and athletics to some extend, but his heavier complexion means it is harder for him to climb. He also has a softer side deep inside, once you get past his thick outer skin.

Weaknesses: Having been in prison and not being totally reformed means he's still prone to being more raucous. He's unruly, and his personality can be turbulent as he becomes frustrated. He's also very irritable. He can't battle very well, since bonding with people and Pokémon is a little more difficult for him.

Starter Pokémon: Dirk the Koffing
Spr_4p_109.png

Ability: Levitate
Moves: Poison Gas | Smog | Tackle | Sludge | Smokescreen

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Note to self: Start thinking of more advanced characters....

I really loved Bug Girl SU :P It was amazing. Can't wait to see what Ice does with it. It is odd calling someone else Ice LOL.

I love everyone characters so far! My character is pretty generic compared to others. Hopefully if all goes to plan, he will become more interesting.

I also plan to eventually get a theme song for my character, but so far I have had no luck. Most of my favorite songs are slightly to serious lol.

Last edited:
Years
I hope this isn't too hard to read. I like playing around with CSS, but I don't exactly have the best eye for color combinations and stuff. I can read this fine, but the thought crossed me that some may struggle reading. If it is, let me know and I'll try to edit it.

015gU.jpg

Drake Jones
Mr. Serious

Name: Drake Jones

Hometown: Hearthome City

Appearance: See top for upper half of body. Take away the scarf and you have Drake. His gray jacket is accompanied by blue jeans. He has a decent height being 6'2 and is a respectable 190lbs. He wears plain gray shoes as well.

He is almost always seen with a blue drawstring bag, that he uses to carry everything he doesn't put in his pocket.

Spoiler:

Interests and Goals: Drake, just like so many trainers, has a dream of becoming the champion of Sinnoh. What boy didn't grow up with that dream? However, he is personally aware of the unlikeliness of it, so he has some other things in mind as well.

Drake is what many would call "A Ladies Man". While it isn't the number one thing on his to-do list, Drake definitely wouldn't mind finding a partner while on his journey.

Drake also happens to be looking for his calling. He want to go on a journey and find himself in a way. He's never really known what he wants to do exactly. He has decided on one thing though: he does not want to be like either of his parents. Drake is mostly exploring the region to see what there is to do. He knows there's more out there than what is in Hearthome and he plans on finding it. He has to like something out there. Right?

Family: Drake grew up in Hearthome with a mom, a dad, and an older brother and sister, making him the youngest child. His mom is a big contest star and his father, a crime fighting policeman.

Drake's sister is 20 years old and has followed her father in joining law enforcement. However, she has parted her ways and is now performing her job in Pastoria City.

Drake's brother is 22 years old and gone in his mother's footsteps, in participating in contests. He's working on making his way through the ranks and becoming one of the best in Hearthome.

Drake has never had a super close relationship with any of his family members. He loves all of them and they loves him back, but he's never had a special bond with any of them. They have all just lived together. Due to his siblings choices in following their parents, Drake has constantly been pressured to do the same. However, he is embarking on a journey to learn what he really wants to do.

Strengths:
  • Organized: Rather self explanatory. Drake is very organized and rarely loses anything. He has an eye to tell where things need to be and is very good at working in small spaces. He can communicate with others well and these traits allow him to work very efficiently in many situations.
  • Charming: How can one be a ladies man without having that little extra charm? Drake is a very likable kid and many people are naturally drawn to him. He is good at talking and has a natural shine to him.
  • Easygoing: There isn't much that Drake cares too much about. He is just going on his way. He isn't too loud or excitable, but isn't tense or boring.
  • Adaptable: In part due to his easygoing attitude, Drake is good at taking what comes his way and doing what he needs to do in order to adjust. He can change plans and make them work quickly.

Weaknesses:
  • Flirtatious:Drake likes talking to girls and this can sometimes get in the way of what he needs to do. He sometimes has to be yelled at and such.
  • Gullible: Drake is very easily tricked. It doesn't take much talking to him, in order to make him see the good side of something as opposed to the negatives. This makes him easily taken advantage of and he doesn't even notice.
  • Over-Confident: Drake often over rates himself in public. He wants everybody to think he is the best. Despite this, he is aware that he really isn't close to the best. He desperately wishes to be the best at something and hopes that he will be if he acts like it.

656MS.png
Rider (Froakie)♂
Quick Attack ll Toxic Spikes ll Lick ll Bubble ll Pound ll Smokescreen (Unknown)

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
My first post should be, at the latest, Monday. Hopefully! I've got the CSS to do and the actual writing itself too.

Not sure where I stand on theme songs but I thought "Vioectrolysis" from the NMH soundtrack relatively fit Harley. I mean, performers. Magic. Harvey.

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2019
I too, am back from the abyss. Are spots still open for this or is it closed off now?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I'm back from the abyss~ This is a WIP that will hopefully get completed soon. :3

Name: Kieran Ramona "Kitty" Ross

Hometown: This is probably Solaceon but could also be any nearby town existing or created.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Interests and Goals: What does your character want to achieve on this journey and in their life?

Family: Who did you grow up with?

Strengths: Positive personality traits, skills and talents etc.

Weaknesses: Negative traits, incapacitations, fears etc.

Starter pokemon:
702.png

Yay for Shaymie!! Lol.

I got to say, it will be nice rping with people I have rped with before, even if it wasn't very long.

Also Chicken Fingers, I can read it, but it is a bit hard. You may want to see if you can find a darker color for the words. Possibly a darker blue, Purple or Black. Possibly red. But it is up to you, just wanted to let you know. I can read it, if you decide to keep it. (It might be the Delibird layout I am using for the site atm)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
08abc4b7-af2d-4fb6-9bdd-822c22d9ba32_zpsxgsexzm8.png
Starter Pokémon:
228.gif

Nickname: Nova

Ability: Flash Fire

Moves: Ember, Bite, Howl, Leer, Smog
Ruby Cosgrove
Sinnoh's Criminal

Name: Ruby Cosgrove

Hometown: Sunnyshore City

Appearance: Standing at 5'9", Ruby is easy on the eyes with a fair skin complexion and shapely figure with curves all in the right places. She sports natural, raven-black hair that reaches down to just past her shoulders, save for the fact that she keeps half of it dyed a golden-blonde. As if a call to her name, Ruby sports a pair of crimson-red eyes. She tends to wear dark eyeliner a bit thick around her eyes and usually wears darker lipstick as well. Ruby has a tattoo of rather different looking "G" symbol on her right shoulder blade, as if a call back to a previous time in her life.

In terms of clothing, Ruby tends to wear darker colors, especially those in red and black. She likes to wear clothes that show off her figure, as well as make it easy for her to move around in. No matter what she wears, Ruby has three constants that will always appear on her person. First, her black, shin-length leather boots. This is followed by her black, fingerless gloves. Finally, Ruby is never seen without her crimson-red, long coat. Even though one of the sleeves appears to have been ripped off, Ruby still insists on wearing the coat. She also tends to wear a red sash around her arm, which she uses to hold the Pokéballs of her Pokémon team.

Interests and Goals: Ruby's goal on her journey is simple. She wants to create her own criminal organization so she can obtain the fortune and power that should be hers to begin with. She has watched several organizations of this sort rise to power... Team Rocket, Galactic, Plasma... yet all of them were easily thwarted. All of them filled with people who could barely battle Pokémon and became over confident just because their opponent was younger than they were. Ruby is determined not to fail like they all have. She will travel across Sinnoh herself, looking for the best to form the illustrious Team Scarlet. Of course, she is fully aware that this will cost money... and what better way to start her dream than becoming the champion of Sinnoh? Through any means necessary.

Family: Ruby grew up in Sunnyshore City, living with her single mother. She does not know who her father is, nor does she have any siblings that she grew up with. Ruby's mother worked as a clerk in the local Poké Mart. However, the long hours that she was forced to work more often than not left Ruby unsupervised for most of the day. This caused her to more or less raise herself, which resulted in her quite literally falling in with the wrong crowd. As time moved on, the two quite literally were always at each other's throats, constantly bickering about Ruby's choice of friends, clothes, and the fact that she was literally turning into quite the juvenile delinquent. Eventually, her mother threw her out of the house once she felt that she had finally had enough of the pressure and stress Ruby was causing. Ruby has not spoken to her mother since she left Sunnyshore City at the age of 16 years old.

Strengths: If Ruby has one strength, it is that she is extremely determined. Once she sets her mind on something, there is little to nothing one can do to change her mind or stop her, and she will use any means necessary to make sure that she obtains just what she desires. Ruby is a very calculated thinker, always taking the time to think things through before acting to make sure she takes the best possible route to achieve what she wants. If she shows signs of caring for one's well-being above that of her own, it is her Pokémon. After all, it's hard to be the leader of anything without a faithful team of powerful creatures at your beck and call~

Weaknesses: Ruby is a habitual liar. She has no problems in bending the truth, especially when it would benefit her above all others. Ruby seems to know how to tell anyone around her just what they want to hear and has no issue in putting on a false persona in order to fool others into trusting her. This of course, leads to the fact that Ruby is very manipulative, easily playing sides to make sure she can also get what she wants. She tends to be a bit greedy as well, always making sure that she is the one who gets the most out of something.

Back