• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Pokémon deserved a Mega Evolution?

Years
Charizard from a competitive standpoint, most certainly did deserve a mega evolution. It finally brought him back from the bowels of NU and actually made him a threat.

Lucario is already a beast and it's mega evo was banned to ubers IIRC. Still a badass Pokemon even without it's mega evolution. I just EV trained an Adamant event Lucario.

Rapidame

Lass
Years
Dunsparce; Farfetch'd; Sableye; Skarmory. Basically any weak monster (okay, Skarmory isn't weak, but still) that doesn't have an evolution.
I agree whole heartedly on using it for balencing.

Well, I want to say Rapidash, though I may be playing favorites, since it's never been competitive.

Second would have to be Sableye, the charming little bugger. Nice effect nowadays, but has always needed some love despite having a perfect type combo, Sableeye's never had a good moveset or stats to actually make it competitive.

Also, certainly Butterfree and Beedrill. Archeus knows they need love too.

I also want to say Raichu. Something to make the Pikachu line actually a threat instead of just a mascot. Too keep mascot material, maybe make the mega evolution favor Pikachu in appearance more than Raichu.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 8, 2016
dragonite, salamence, hydregigion, weavile, gliscor, infernape, zoroark, elektross, polwrath, goodra, tyrunt, aurous, arcanine, conkeldurr, machamp, golem, braviary, skarmory, moltres, zapdos, articuno, arceus, flygon, magmortar, possibly snorlax

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I think all Pokemon should have a Mega Form. After all, you're only allowed to use one in battle so it's not like everyone would be using all Megas everyday.

I just don't get why some Pokemon should have Megas and the others don't.

Jabberwocky

A man ain't nothin' but a man
Years
Personally, I would love to see mega Skarmory. This Pokémon's utilized defensively most of the time, when it mega-evolves, maybe we could use it more for its offenses? They make it drop few of its Defense and Special Defense stats and have it gain boost in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed.

This is definitely something I could get behind, not least because any excuse to use Skarmory is a good one :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2016
Sceptile and Floatzel, Mega Sceptile should get boosted attack, if normal Sceptile's attack and special attack were the other way around i'd use it much more often and Floatzel needs it as well. Plus both of them already have good designs in my opinion so unless they get the Heracross treatment they'd look amazing as mega's

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
I hope there are DLC which extends the Mega to more sets until all of the kinds are covered. Do them in expansions as players have to go to these side quests to find the stones and Pokemon to get them.

Primarily, I'd love if Feraligatr got one that was a homage to Godzilla 2000 and had huger dorsal plates. Or just one anyways to begin with because I grew up with Generation 2 before I touched the first generation. I personally find the first games overrated and overtly simple [in graphics and story] that I dropped Blue after the first gym. The remakes were similar to this effect because they just were...dull. The only highlights are the starters , but Squirtle is probably the only one that had a cool evolution. Charizard was just a deadweight that couldn't fly, and had too many weaknesses for me to consider.

So I'd agree for G2 to G5 starters to get them while Pokemon that became popular in the anime get them. [like Pikachu, Togetic,Marill and Butterfree] The ones that were selected were almost a sham in my opinion just because they do not seem like ones that would be popular or even needing of one. Charizard at least needed one , but how it got two was a joke.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
The reason they didn't do this is because there are roughly ~365 "families" of Pokemon. That would take too much work to make. It would add more Mega Pokemon (and work) than any other Gen added normal Pokemon.

As for what I'd like to see... well, I have personal bias since I use it on my team, but a Mega Empoleon would be pretty awesome. Or maybe a Mega Hydreigon. Also, where are all the Gen VI Mega Pokemon? They deserve some love, too!

I just find it off balance that only certain Pokemon get Megas. It's not like some do to make them more powerful such as Dunsparce. Most of the Pokemon they chose are already powerful.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I think Mega Dragonite and Rapidash would be cool. All of the starters deserve them to be honest. A bit rubbish that only Blaziken got one for Hoenn.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Yea I think Metagross or Noctowl should get a mega evo, and maybe Blissey with an increase in speed.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
I was disappointed when I found out that only the Kanto starters were getting mega evolutions. To me, it seems like a pathetic attempt to pander to the Gen 1 crowd.

Honestly, that's how I feel about most of the mega evolutions. It's like they just picked the fan-favorites, instead of going for the ones that really needed a boost the most. Pokemon that really didn't need a mega-evolution *cough*Lucario*cough* got one while some pokemon that could have really used the boost were neglected.

I personally think each of the starters would do well to get a mega. I mean, if we're going to give one to the Kanto starters, why not the rest of them? Instead, pokemon that were already powerful enough in their own right became stupidly broken. You know, because Gengar clearly wasn't powerful enough. >_>

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Seviper, but any idea that I had in mind for a Mega Seviper actually looked a huge amount like Zygarde. Let's face it, Zygarde was gonna be Mega Seviper. ;)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I think Blastoise and Venusaur deserved two mega evolutions just like Carizard, not just 1. It's rather odd Charizard gets 2 and Blastoise and Venusaur get 1.
Yeah same, I waited till the beginning of the year to buy a 3DS and Y and was looking forward to seeing the alternative versions of those two. Before I got the game I thought every starter had a mega evolution and blastoise and venusaur had two.

In terms of megas I'm going for the johto birds, mainly Lugia. That would be SO awesome!

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
Years
Farfetch'd. Poor guy has nothing going for him to set him apart from his fellow bird Pokemon: he has poor stats and a pretty bad movepool. And I guess GameFreak thought giving him an exclusive item would compensate for this? :p An evolution for the little duck is way overdue, but why not give him a Mega? I'd really like to see that.

Years
I think Dusknoir should get a Mega Evolution. In my opinion, Dusknoir is a cool pokemon and he deserves some love. Even though I think that Banette and Dusknoir are kinda like rivals(even though Dusclops has the same BST as Banette). I also believe that Banette should have gotten an evolution to be on par with Dusknoir, and then Mega Evolve that

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2015
Still praying for a Mega Sceptile that takes advantage of his physical movepool, and seeing as he's in the dragon egg group, Grass and Dragon typing would be quite interesting.

blue

gucci
Years
I would have liked a Mega Sableye, there's many directions they could have taken with that one.

Spoiler:

Back