• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Welcome back Lash. You can't avoid the FFL. It's like a Black Hole.

Do you ever need special conditions that are required for you to write?

Usually, when I'm feeling motivated and or calm I can write better. Also, I don't like distractions and I need other people to not be in the same room with me. That is unavoidable however, during exams.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
When I'm really trying to get into writing, I'll usually take an hour-long hot bath, putting on some pajammas, and type down all the sentences and scenes I worked out while soaking. Not very productive, but my mind is all over.

Otherwise I typically just sit down, open my notebooks, and write down pages of summaries, character profiles, quotes, and symbolism. I don't need any warming up for that.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Not really. All I have to do is open Microsoft Word (though that's a task in of itself) and maybe read the last few paragraphs from where I left off. Then I'm all set to write. However, being comfy does help, like having my pajamas on.

Lash

Years
Welcome back Lash. You can't avoid the FFL. It's like a Black Hole.

Usually, when I'm feeling motivated and or calm I can write better. Also, I don't like distractions and I need other people to not be in the same room with me. That is unavoidable however, during exams.

That's why I love it. It's just one of those unavoidable things, like surprise rape.

Writing while sober has gotten a little boring for me, but I write with a lot of imagination and have a lot more fun if I'm writing while high.

And the thing is, everything makes sense while I write stoned. There isn't a single thing that doesn't make sense. wtf, right? lol

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
That's why I love it. It's just one of those unavoidable things, like surprise rape.

Writing while sober has gotten a little boring for me, but I write with a lot of imagination and have a lot more fun if I'm writing while high.

And the thing is, everything makes sense while I write stoned. There isn't a single thing that doesn't make sense. wtf, right? lol
So do you write crackfics? XD
And you can still hold true to logic. Inconceivable! XD :O Lol.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Or Hemingway.

Look it up, I kid you not. He wrote half his books on a high.

At least I think it was him. Hemingway or Dickens, but most likely Hemingway.
Well Hemingway was depressed and ended up killing himself. Went through life on drugs and an alcoholic.

A true artist.

Drugs really aren't my thing, but I frown on their use when it comes to art. It takes the right kind of mentality for it to really be beneficial. Most of the time it's just some phony that thinks drugs automatically equal inspiration which equals "true art". Doesn't quite work that way, kid.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Yet he's one of the most respected writers mankind has produced.

I don't condone drug use at all, except for medicinal purposes. And yes, I know that can be interpreted multiple ways, but you should know what I mean. Things like ibuprofen and paracetamol. I won't take drugs for the sheer act of taking them and/or 'getting high'. Same with alcohol. I'm only 14, but I can already see myself as a uni student teetotaller. :/ :<

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
I didn't say any of that was a bad thing. I pointed out he was a true artist, didn't I?

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Getting back to posting normally again. XD;

Nope, but I find night better to right in for some reason. Then again, I prefer night for a lot of things, so... yeah. XD; But certainly nothing more than a somewhat quiet atmosphere and a writing medium. :3

Lash

Years
So do you write crackfics? XD
And you can still hold true to logic. Inconceivable! XD :O Lol.

Cannabis-fics XD
My mind is on a whole different playing field when I'm high as hell. My imagination wanders, finds a path, and stays on it.

The question is whether that stuff continues to make sense when you're not high.

Welcome back, Lash.

Thanks.

And, nah, I stop writing once the sober starts to hit me.

However, it probably won't stay sense-making when you become sober again. Or when someone sober reads it.

Well, we'll just have to see. I haven't released anything yet, so yeh.

lol, I used my 1000th post talking about weed and writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back