• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
-makes grand entry- I'm baaaaaaack ;)

EDIT: And by the way, I will be finishing PSM DP. At one point, I lost interest, but now it's peaking at the right moment and I'll be writing the next chapter ASAP. I also have a new Anime-style fic coming up soon, based in Johto (in honor of HG and SS). So, be on the look out for both of those. It's been a while, but I'm glad to be back home!

OMG!!! Welcome back, TK!

I missed PSM DP and I can't wait to see a new chapter of it from you. As well as your new fic. :DD

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Mizan Nix Zamnie said:
If you're interested, replace the censored area with the synonym for "female dog".
I tried "dogette" and didn't work.

Oh, whatever, I just got up from a very strange dream. You know, one of these things that on apparently isn't supposed to remember when one wakes up, despite the fact that they contain the answer to all the questions about global warming, etiquette in a restaurant, and how did I miss such a perfect opportunity to get a girlfriend (long story; I'll leave it for my autobiography). This particular dream was weird. I dreamt that somehow all the members of the Lounge started overusing BBCode tags and CSS in their fanfics, and that it all somehow fel upon me because I had provided a link.

Funny times.

Solovino said:
It's at the very bottom of the Reply Boxes -- here you have link: BBCode

Astinus said:
Also, another word for said that has been used recently in published work is ejaculated.

Blame solovino for showing me how to make text blink.

Bay said:
Also, thanks for telling me where to find the BB code! You know what, I'm thinking of doing a fanfic where all of the PC BB codes are used. XD;

Wait...

Wait...

:\

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Talking about dreams, I can't exactly remember why or what... but I had a dream, where I was talking to one of those Disney characters (the live action shows can't recall which one, there are so many), I think as a friend, and I was laughing really hard and they thought it was cute/funny that I was laughing that hard... (wow I can't believe how shameless I am about mentioning that XD).

With downloading/installing/updating, I didn't have time to write my fic, I am lucky though, that I had initially decided to put the fic (among other things) on a external hard drive.

Bay

Years
Welcome back, Turtleking! :) We missed you here! D: Have fun with the BB codes. :P

I just noticed that the censored out area is the word that is a synonym to "female dog" if you know what I mean. Just like the one word synonym for rooster, it became more synonymous for it's dirty usage.

If you're interested, replace the censored area with the synonym for "female dog".
It's an interesting article, but it's not kid-friendly.
What, really? Am surprised there's a link with that word. D: I'll have a look at the article then in a bit after I get some studying done. Am really curious about it. XD

I tried "dogette" and didn't work.

Oh, whatever, I just got up from a very strange dream. You know, one of these things that on apparently isn't supposed to remember when one wakes up, despite the fact that they contain the answer to all the questions about global warming, etiquette in a restaurant, and how did I miss such a perfect opportunity to get a girlfriend (long story; I'll leave it for my autobiography). This particular dream was weird. I dreamt that somehow all the members of the Lounge started overusing BBCode tags and CSS in their fanfics, and that it all somehow fel upon me because I had provided a link.

Funny times.

Wait...

Wait...

:\
Oh, I will be using the codes on my next fanfic. You'll see. ;) In fact, I'm thinking of using one of the codes for the Fanfic Index. :P

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
Years
Heeeello people~ Comet's here again, XP I wasn't gone just too layzee to post. V_V But now I'm here so...

If all of your characters were told that the story's current setting was too 'boring' and the fic was to be resumed in a high-school boarding school, how would they react? Lol... XD

Holly: *Facepalm* "A subterranean ocean was boring?? '~' What is this world coming to." -__-

Darkrai: "Sombody get me the heck out of here before I kill somebody." *Teacher looks at him suspiciously* >_> "Umm, there is no way you could kill someone here. Sorry to disappoint you." *Twitchy eyes* "He he... you just got yourself killed." *Pulls out a knife* "OH MAI GOD THAT KID HAS A KNIFE!! Someone call the cops!" >:3

Xavia (wierd name huh X_x): "A-a high/boarding school? NOBODY TAKE MY FANCY ROCK! @_@ I mean... lovely weather we're having today isn't it? He he he..." o___x

txteclipse

The Last
Years
If all of your characters were told that the story's current setting was too 'boring' and the fic was to be resumed in a high-school boarding school, how would they react?

I'll do you one better. One-shot time.

Just Another Day​

Kairn's head dropped to his desk for the tenth time that class period. "Arceus, this is boring."

"Hey," Ren hissed, poking him. "Pay attention."

"You pay enough attention for both of us," Kairn mumbled. Then he raised his hand. "Teach, when will we ever use this?"

Ren glared at him, but their Physics teacher, Mrs. Mewtwo, smiled. "When will you use the properties of lasers?" She pondered for a moment. "Well, your partner Latios controls light, correct?" Kairn nodded. "And do you know how he stores light with his feathers?" The boy shook his head.

"His feathers work in much the same way as lasers do. They trap light by absorbing it and then reflecting it back and forth, which lets him store energy indefinitely. As you know, Latios can then use that light for such things as battling. What if I told you that, if you and Latios knew how lasers worked, he could increase the strength of his light attacks by 54%?"

Kairn leaned forward. "I'm listening."

"Aha!" Mewtwo exclaimed triumphantly. "For once, Kairn is interested in something besides the battle arena!" The class laughed. "Right then, pay close attention. This is a diagram of a laser. These are mirrors, and this is called an 'optical gain'..."

***​

Ren and Latias were walking home from school that afternoon, chatting amongst themselves, when Kairn and Latios raced up from behind them.

"Hey!" Kairn said, pulling up alongside the younger boy. "You know how you always beat me in battle class, and then when I ask you what your secret is, you say 'I read?' Well I think I get it now! I looked up this laser stuff in our Physics book, and I found all of this other amazing crap, like momentum and leverage and how wedges work...if Latios and I applied this to our fighting, we'd be so much better!"

"Yep," Ren replied. "Now you just have to study for..." he counted on his fingers, "about three years straight without eating or sleeping if you want to catch up with me and Latias." The red-and-white dragon floating beside him failed at suppressing a laugh.

"Yeah, yeah," Kairn mumbled. "Just you watch, I'll beat you someday."

Suddenly, a black sports car raced by the four students, one of the side mirrors clipping Kairn in the arm. He went down with a shout as the vehicle sped off without slowing.

"Are you alright Kairn?!" Latios was by his partner's side in an instant, helping him up. There was a rip in the boy's sleeve, revealing a bloody gash underneath.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Kairn replied, wincing. He tossed his backpack on the ground and began fumbling through it for a Potion.

"Curse that Donovan!" Latias swore. "He thinks that just because the government is protecting him 24/7 while he beta-tests that Porygon, he can do whatever he wants!"

"He kind of can," Ren pointed out, to which the rest of the group responded with silence.

"Aw, forget it," Kairn said at last, the Potion having already healed the cut on his arm. "Two more months until the trial ends and the government takes that digital freak away, and then he's Sharpedo bait. He'll get what's coming to him then. Come on, let's go play Smash Bros. or something."

The four friends began walking again, heading for Ren's house. It was just another day.

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
Years
If all of your characters were told that the story's current setting was too 'boring' and the fic was to be resumed in a high-school boarding school, how would they react?

The DC/MK characters wouldn't mind. They're already in high school, except for Conan, since he's Jimmy Kudo, shrunken to seven-year-old size, and therefore in elementary. He'd be cheering like heck in fact.

The others, though...

Dianne: "WHOSE FREAKING IDEA WAS THAT?! I'LL KILL HIM!!" *takes out ALL of her Pokemon*

Ash: "...Anybody got something I can use to bang my head on? This isn't my lucky day..."

Paul and Gary: *twitch*

Dawn: "We've already gone to school once, can't we at least still be Trainers?"

May: "Oh God..."

Misty: "GYARADOS, HYPER BEAM!!"

The Power Rangers...well...some are in high school, some dropped out, some graduated already, all wanna kill you...

Yeah. Almost everyone will want to kill whoever suggested that idea, including me. Aren't there enough high-school AU fics ALREADY?!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years

Lisa: "But I already have a college degree! Oh well, I can pwn everyone academically. Plus I don't have to wander around all over the place and get my clothes dirty. And I can stop at the mall and Applebee's every day after school. So really, I can't complain. I'd still miss the thrill of staying in a new hotel every night, but I'll have my cars so I guess that evens it out."

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
Years
Here's a new one:

If your characters met the Power Rangers, how would they all react?

Mine already know the Power Rangers, actually, in limbo.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
Years

Josh: Boring.... *Pulls out handgun* Boring now.
Romy: Really? Let's see what I can do.
Rex: Okay. Give me some fireworks and I'll make this setting worth while.
Katrine: I don't think so. XD We have parties on holidays. XD

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years

David *reads ticket indicating school again*: Okay, what were they thinking when they just went off to the Seafoam Caves and sent me into this school?

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
-makes grand entry- I'm baaaaaaack ;)

EDIT: And by the way, I will be finishing PSM DP. At one point, I lost interest, but now it's peaking at the right moment and I'll be writing the next chapter ASAP. I also have a new Anime-style fic coming up soon, based in Johto (in honor of HG and SS). So, be on the look out for both of those. It's been a while, but I'm glad to be back home!

HOLY SHHHHH---

IT'S TURTLEKING!!! YAY!!! [super mega hug]

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years

My characters (who btw have JUST BEEN REVIVED OMG) would be like 'WTF?' because they only left school two days previously anyway. Matthew wouldn't care, though, as long as he wasn't living with his dad. :///

And hi, TurtleKing. I think you left before I stuck my nose in, but hi anyway.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
Years
Hey guys, I was bored and wrote this.

Shayla: Whos said it was boring? *snarls* :pink_pissed:

Emmett: Wasn't me. *Whistles in a innocent way* :cer_giggle:

Rosalie: Does that mean I get to wear one of those cute uniforms? :pink_wink:

Jasper: Rosalie stop radiating lust and get a room! :cer_blankstare:

Alice: I'll have to get a totally new wadrobe. Jazz, I need you to come shopping with me *squeals with delight* :pink_boogie:

And yes, I had to add those smilies ;)

Bay

Years

Because this topic has been missed and I loved Power Rangers when I was young, I'll answer it despite being a very random question no one will answer. :P

Pretty much depends which Power Rangers show you're talking about because there's like loads. I''ll go with the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers one because that's the one I'm very familiar with. Pretty much both Bunny and Jacob will be shocked and in utter disbelief if they see the dinosaurs in machine form, since both of them are archeologists. :P Jenny though would thought those are Team Rocket mechas. XD;

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years

Samuel would immediately categorise them as a rival 'evil team' and beat the crap out of them. Knowing Li, she'd probably end up fangirling. Tyson would make some really bad joke, and nobody would laugh except Haley. Jerry would challenge them to a Pokemon battle, and Carly would scream and criticise them for their lack of fashion sense. Colour-coded matching uniforms are so 1994, after all.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I miss when the Lounge used to be active, with really interesting bold questions.

I do have a topic though that I would like to discuss with everyone, but I'll hold off until my next day off so I can actually participate in it. It's a topic that I read in a magazine that got me to thinking.

My Digimon characters are already in high school! I don't think they'd want to go to a high school which they'd be at more often than they already are. Besides, it would make it more difficult to go save the DigiWorld if the roommates aren't involved. Or teachers checking up on everything.

I don't know. I really know nothing of boarding schools. The only one I know anything about is rather extreme and weirdly run by the government.

As for my Pokemon characters, they're really kind of too young for high school.

Join in. Every last one of my characters would just leap right into the fray and fight with giant mecha critters.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Astinus, never fear. Come the release of HG/SS, we'll probably have more activity than we'll know what to do with.

Remember that one topic about how our characters would act if they were in giant mechs run by fighting spirit, and I described that awesome Transformers/Power Rangers/Gurren Lagann combination my characters would do? They'd do that. With the Power Rangers.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
The main reason I haven't been answering the character specific bold questions, was because it not only might reveal some things about the character (yes I realize a spoiler could work, but I don't feel like doing it for the one character), but also because it is just that, that there is only one original character thus far, that I've written about... I wouldn't include Canon characters, would feel like cheating a bit.

Perhaps amidst my studying tomorrow I can write stuff (of course I say this now... XD and nothing would get written anyway).

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Astinus, never fear. Come the release of HG/SS, we'll probably have more activity than we'll know what to do with.
And here I was thinking that the games had already been released. I'm not up to speed with the fast moving world of entertainment.

cutting_edge.png

On that note, I've been playing Half-Life lately. XD

The main reason I haven't been answering the character specific bold questions, was because it not only might reveal some things about the character (yes I realize a spoiler could work, but I don't feel like doing it for the one character), but also because it is just that, that there is only one original character thus far, that I've written about... I wouldn't include Canon characters, would feel like cheating a bit.

Perhaps amidst my studying tomorrow I can write stuff (of course I say this now... XD and nothing would get written anyway).
Never fear, non-character related, semi-interesting bold topic here:

Imagine a hypothetical situation where you're a character in your fic. Write your character bio[Like you would an RP character].

It's also a chance to reintroduce ourselves. XDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back