• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
Years
So does anyone have an answer to my question about proxy, connection, Nintendo WFC, etc?

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
y dont i have the munna c-gear skin even tho i have an account on the pokemon global link, when it clearly states that all i have to do to get it is have an account on pokemon gl. send message if you have the answer

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years
So is the GTS down only for me? I tried logging on 5 times and got "Connection Error, Turn off the power" or something like such. I only got in once and when I tried searching, it didn't find anything for 15 minutes son I had to turn it off and restart. Can't even soft reset in either situation so it's also pissing me off...

Clow

I foresee.... A bright future
Years
I am quite sorry if this question has been asked, a lot to read. But how the heck do you get Shaymin in Sky Forme in the dream world? At first I thought you just couldn't but look

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:492Shaymin_Sky_Forme_Dream.png

I mean Shaymin reverts to land as soon as you put it in the PC, and you can't send a pokemon to the Dream world within your party. You can't use the Gracidea on it in your PC, or let it hold it, and I don't see one IN the Dream World, so how is it done?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I am quite sorry if this question has been asked, a lot to read. But how the heck do you get Shaymin in Sky Forme in the dream world? At first I thought you just couldn't but look

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:492Shaymin_Sky_Forme_Dream.png

I mean Shaymin reverts to land as soon as you put it in the PC, and you can't send a pokemon to the Dream world within your party. You can't use the Gracidea on it in your PC, or let it hold it, and I don't see one IN the Dream World, so how is it done?
You don't get Shaymin's Sky Forme in the Dream World. Just like D/P/Pt/HG/SS, you have to use the Gracidea on Shaymin's Land Forme to make it into its Sky Forme. The Gracidea can be obtained from a woman in Lacounsa Town's Pokemon Center, but only if Shaymin is in the team.

TheUnown

Super Lurker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
How do I get people to move over to my Black City via Entralink? I already managed to connect to a friend's world, but when I get there I'm not sure what else to do or where else to go =/

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
Years
How do I get people to move over to my Black City via Entralink? I already managed to connect to a friend's world, but when I get there I'm not sure what else to do or where else to go =/

You go to their white forest and then you talk to the people there and they will say they'd prefer a city life and stuff like that and they'll ask you to take them with you, say yes and they will appear in black city when you go back :)

FangedFreak

Ace Trainer
Years
Why wont my game connect to my wireless? my C-Gear has full signal, but when i try to get the mystery gift or click "game sync" and attempt to connect to WiFi connection, it comes up with error 51099

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Why wont my game connect to my wireless? my C-Gear has full signal, but when i try to get the mystery gift or click "game sync" and attempt to connect to WiFi connection, it comes up with error 51099

Error Code: 51099
Unable to use your wireless signal

Likely cause: It appears that the settings entered into the Nintendo DS are not compatible, or the router's broadcast settings should be changed.

It says it occurs if the settings have changed since you last connected. Try erasing the connection and reconnecting. What kind of connection is it?

LuckyLux

Look at my glowing eyes......
Years
Defeatist...its benefits?

I'm planning to use Archen on my White team. Looks pretty good, and I wanted to use a new flying-type. Saw its ability, Defeatist. It didn't look very impressive...... Isn't it bad if Archen's stats get halved during battle, especially if it has less then half HP. My competitive battling knowledge isn't impressive, and, I was wondering if Defeatist has any pros in that aspect. Or is it just a dead-end ability?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
It's just a dead end ability. Being frail it isn't hard to get below 50%

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
I've used Archen in both of my ingame playthroughs and I can tell you that Defeatist really doesn't matter much. Archeops is 9 times out of 10 going to take out the other pokemon before it gets hit anyway. As for competitively, I've used Archeops in the Battle Subway and it has done pretty decently so just don't give Defeatist too much thought

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2011
Archeops won't have the defenses to survive many hits, so it's best to wreak havoc while the pokemon is still out there above 50% HP. It's simply a monster while the HP is in green.

But Aerodactyl is far more consistent, and faster as well.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'm planning to use Archen on my White team. Looks pretty good, and I wanted to use a new flying-type. Saw its ability, Defeatist. It didn't look very impressive...... Isn't it bad if Archen's stats get halved during battle, especially if it has less then half HP. My competitive battling knowledge isn't impressive, and, I was wondering if Defeatist has any pros in that aspect. Or is it just a dead-end ability?

I wouldn't recommend it at all for the meta-game. It's way fragile and the occasional ice shard will screw you up. I tried using him before but he couldn't do much since he's not exactly hard to counter when most people pack some sort of ice or electric move.

TheUnown

Super Lurker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
You go to their white forest and then you talk to the people there and they will say they'd prefer a city life and stuff like that and they'll ask you to take them with you, say yes and they will appear in black city when you go back :)

How do I get to their White Forest through the Entralink? That's the part I'm kind of confused on @_@;

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
Years
How do I get to their White Forest through the Entralink? That's the part I'm kind of confused on @_@;
On the map on the bottom screen, you touch the spot where white forest/black city is and you'll be automatically warped there.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I know that this is a rediculous question, but how do I actually get into the Dream World? There are so many methods of communication in Black and White compared to Platinum, the last Pokémon game I played, that I'm really lost in them. ._.

Or is there a post that I should know about explaining this already? ^^;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I know that this is a rediculous question, but how do I actually get into the Dream World? There are so many methods of communication in Black and White compared to Platinum, the last Pokémon game I played, that I'm really lost in them. ._.

Or is there a post that I should know about explaining this already? ^^;

You asked in the right place. (:

Before you do anything, in the menu before you even load your save file, you have to go to Game Sync Settings and get a code. You input that code into your Pokemon Trainer Club account online at http://en.pokemon-gl.com/ .

When you're in-game, in the C-Gear, click "Online". The only option is "Game Sync", which will connect you to Wi-Fi and allow you to tuck in one Pokemon from your PC (not from your party). After it says that it's asleep and you hear the snoring sound, you're free to turn your game off. Then you go online, log into your account, and your Pokemon will be tucked in on the account.

When you want to wake it up, first you wake it up from the website through the wake up buttons, then use Game Sync again in the C-Gear to wake it up. Then you use Entralink to get the Pokemon and items you bring back.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years

You asked in the right place. (:

Before you do anything, in the menu before you even load your save file, you have to go to Game Sync Settings and get a code. You input that code into your Pokemon Trainer Club account online at http://en.pokemon-gl.com/ .

When you're in-game, in the C-Gear, click "Online". The only option is "Game Sync", which will connect you to Wi-Fi and allow you to tuck in one Pokemon from your PC (not from your party). After it says that it's asleep and you hear the snoring sound, you're free to turn your game off. Then you go online, log into your account, and your Pokemon will be tucked in on the account.

When you want to wake it up, first you wake it up from the website through the wake up buttons, then use Game Sync again in the C-Gear to wake it up. Then you use Entralink to get the Pokemon and items you bring back.

Thank you for the detailed description, Toujours! ^^;

Although I'm a little confused about your last part. What exactly is the Entralink? Is it available before you complete the game? I don't want to end up with a Pokémon stuck in the Dream World. :x

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Thank you for the detailed description, Toujours! ^^;

Although I'm a little confused about your last part. What exactly is the Entralink? Is it available before you complete the game? I don't want to end up with a Pokémon stuck in the Dream World. :x

Oh no, Game Sync brings your own Pokemon back. Entralink is just another C-Gear option in...either IR or Wireless, I honestly can't remember which xD; That will get you Pokemon that you've befriended in the Dream World, by going into the forest there, and it houses a person that will give you your items when you get back if you sent any back with you. Entralink is the same option you use when you want to visit another person's world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back