• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Poliwhirl can learn Surf, Strength, Waterfall, and Whirlpool. Farfetch'd can learn Cut and Fly. You'll barely be using Flash, so you may as well not have it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Only way to tell the gender of your Pokemon in R/B/G/Y is if you transfer it to G/S/C, because you cannot tell a Pokemon's gender in R/B/G/Y; there was no need for genders in that generation.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
Years
Nope, that's why you make up your own. My party consists of a Male Jynx and females Machamps and Mr. Mimes.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Work your way to Goldenrod City if you haven't already done so. (You'll need to go south from Violet, not west.) Earn the Plain Badge and then go to the flower shop in the northeast corner of the city. A girl will give you a watering can there. Take that and go to the squirming tree by heading north. When you press A in front of the tree again, you'll be able to water it. It'll jump up and attack you as a Sudowoodo, and once you capture or defeat it, it'll clear the way.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2010
Stat XP Help?

Is there a way to get stat XP without doing hundreds of battles, or making it less hundreds, or even making these battles go faster? Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2009
Trading Between Red/Blue and Gold/Silver

Hello all,

I'm sure this has been asked before, and I apologize if it is redundant, but I'm trying to trade between my Silver version and my Blue version. I'm using two GBAs and a GBA link cable. I'm only using Pokemon that can be found in Blue that have no second generation moves (from Silver). I'm using the Time Machine in the Poke Center in Silver and I still cannot achieve trade. Usually, I get a message in Blue saying that the cable club "is reserved for 2 friends..." or that the link was closed to inactivity.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Years
I believe that the data sent by the GBA link cables is different than the data sent by the GB/GBC link cables. You can only trade between Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal using the original Gameboy and Gameboy Color with the Gamboy link cable.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I believe that the data sent by the GBA link cables is different than the data sent by the GB/GBC link cables. You can only trade between Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal using the original Gameboy and Gameboy Color with the Gamboy link cable.
Trading is possible with two GBAs, or a GBA and a GBC. The system does not matter, but the older Game Boy Color link cable is required (the GBA system is backwards‐compatible with it).

Greeneflower

Pikachu Rules!
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Pikachu?

Where can I find Pikachu in Pokemon Blue? I really want one :'(

Anyone?

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
Years
Theres a 5% chance you'll find one in Viridian Forest and a 20% you'll find one in the Power Plant

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2012
Bottom right corner of the Viridian Forest. Theres a patch of grass there where you can get a Pikachu. Power Plant too as said above.

Years
You don't need to go to the "bottom right corner" of the Viridian Forest. You can find Pikachu in any tall grass within the forest.

Years
5% chance. It's VERY rare, so it may take awhile.
...of course, if you can, you can always import Pikachu from Yellow over :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back