• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team White Wolves (recruiting)

Region Types

• Islands

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Mountainous

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • A little of everything

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • A lot of everything

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maxj2009

Story writing Genius!
Years
well, i dont have any specifically planned, but im thinking something along the lines of a light platinum style. according to the poll, itll be something that makes the water look really realistic and clear. we'll also need something that would probably reflect well on other regions style.

maxj2009

Story writing Genius!
Years
nah, they could both say the same. its kinda lame, but its the easiest way for it to work.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
sorry! i just fixed it. its official now.

I'm not applying as a scripter, only applied to do some sprites but Graphics Editor and ASM script inserter that's ok and the but not a scripter I got so much things to do in my hands... But, a backup sure I can be one :D

Last edited:

Thatonegurl

Scripter
Years
Allright.
I finished the script of the aunt and uncle.
How does this look?
youtube.com/watch?v=QNAK5L-dp1k&feature=plcp

nah, they could both say the same. its kinda lame, but its the easiest way for it to work.

Ok, I had this written for the uncle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcg-o1Kuma0&feature=plcp
It is kinda cheesy though, but I could customize it to whatever you wanted.

Oh, and how do you want us to go about inserting the scripts and tiles into the rom?
Do you want to pass around the rom file and insert each aspect, or do you want us to send you all of the stuff?

Last edited:

maxj2009

Story writing Genius!
Years
well, im thinking it should all be iso based so that once all things r done, i could patch it into one leaf green rom. now, i watched the video, is the "player" thing going to change with the name? also, its a shop, so they should also sell things.

Thatonegurl

Scripter
Years
Okay.
And yes, in the script it is set to change to any name the player selects at the beginning of the game. The only reason it says "player" in the video is because I set that as my character's name at the beginning in my rom.

It's almost the same with the second video how the game checks if the player is a boy or girl, and displays "niece" or "nephew" where appropriate.

The second video script was just a scrap idea I made after making the first one. We can use it if you want, or I can change it to something else and add the mart option in with it too.

or, we could just go with the first script for both the aunt and the uncle as you mentioned before.
But if you want them to say something different, it's no trouble at all. It would give me something new to do ;)

maxj2009

Story writing Genius!
Years
well, how about giving the script thats in the video to the aunt, and a new one to the uncle that gives him the shop owner options.

maxj2009

Story writing Genius!
Years
"oh, hi (player)! its been a while! Oh, you want to buy or sell something? Alright nephew/niece, what'll it be?" something like this.

Thatonegurl

Scripter
Years
Alrighty, I'll get right on that.

And for afterwards (after the player buys/sells something), do you want it to be the same as the aunt, second video, or something totally different?

maxj2009

Story writing Genius!
Years
the same as the aunt. its looking as though things are going pretty well.

Thatonegurl

Scripter
Years
Actually, I just came across some nice looking building tiles ripped from Platinum.
Also some from Heartgold/Soulsilver.
They look really good. Only thing is, we would have to give credit.
Which isn't bad, but I cant find a username on them to cite. lol

The Pokemon Center and Mart tiles may just work with the leafgreen base rom, too.

Chaxmonster

Grand Duke of Hell
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2013
Name Preferred:Chax.
Time Zone: Standard time zone - UTC/GMT +2 hours
Current time zone offset: - UTC/GMT +3 hours
E-Mail: [email protected]
Skills: Graphics design, Story composition, Mediocre spriting.
Position Applying For: Graphics designer, support spriter, support story compositioner.
Proof Of Work: My signature is the proof of my graphics design, but i have no proof of my story creating or spriting abbilities. If needed i'll send you a PM with a written story or sprite.
Past Experience (if none, it's okay): None, so far.

Back