Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old August 3rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Do you think that Since Team Plasma has Disbanded as of Black 2 & White 2 that they might make some Special Appearances in X and Y

Just like that One guy from Team Rocket appeared in Black & White?

It's very possible But what do you guys think?
ShubLink has been Discontinued and will be Replaced by a new service
Friend Codes
[Pokemon Black]: 3096 8948 7035 [OT: Chris ID: 15969]
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Old August 3rd, 2013, 06:50 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubshub View Post
Do you think that Since Team Plasma has Disbanded as of Black 2 & White 2 that they might make some Special Appearances in X and Y

Just like that One guy from Team Rocket appeared in Black & White?

It's very possible But what do you guys think?
I doubt we'll get many Cameos like that. I mean Gen 5 was the only one to do this. I don't really see any of the remaining Sages appearing and none of the grunts were really that iconic like the Rocket with broken speech.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
You mean Ghetis is it? I dk the name. Its possible. In the world of Pokemon anything is possible.
X- 2406 5987 8799
PS3 - Mkeborn87
Old August 3rd, 2013, 07:25 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
You mean Ghetis is it? I dk the name. Its possible. In the world of Pokemon anything is possible.
I think he's talking about grunts. B/W had the broken speech Grunt from G/S/C/HG/SS and B2W2 had the Aqua/Magma Honeymooning grunts in Iccirus.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 07:54 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

We did have some cameos from grunts from earlier Pokemon games so it is entirely possible. However, there probably won't be anything major, most we'll get is probably some kind of mentioning about Plasma.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 08:53 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I hope not and I doubt it. We already have a villainous team that travels through every region (Team Rocket in the anime) and also one for the Kalos region (Team Flare). It would be really cool if Team Magma made an appearance with Team Flare though.
Quote:
Boilurn, the Scald Pokemon and the evolved form of Hottle. It can burn the holder by the lightest of touches when it boils. It can boil 3 gallons of water in one minute.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 09:55 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post
I hope not and I doubt it. We already have a villainous team that travels through every region (Team Rocket in the anime) and also one for the Kalos region (Team Flare). It would be really cool if Team Magma made an appearance with Team Flare though.
See you cant say that you hope not for Team Rocket then say it be cool of Magma made an appearance. That just makes you sound foolish. Besides there is more history with Rocket then anyone else.
X- 2406 5987 8799
PS3 - Mkeborn87
Old August 4th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
I hope they not only make previous team members appear, but also have the possibility to battle them too, like the shadow triad and let us know if ghetsis recovered from his defeat from B2/W2, maybe include side quests in reference to them too. Of course it depends of when the storyline in XY takes place.
Old August 4th, 2013, 02:28 AM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
Eh. Who knows really. Hopefully Team Magma makes an appearance. They were the only villains that i really liked. Besides Team Rocket.

WE WANT TEAM MAGMA!

Old August 4th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I doubt it, and I don't know why people assume that these games will have references to Unova. That was part of Generation V, We've moved on from that and this is a completely new and isolated region from any of the others, I highly doubt anybody from Unova will make a cameo. The only character(s) from previous games that have a chance of making an appearance is probably Cynthia and possibly Steven Stone.
Old August 4th, 2013, 03:08 AM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

I think that if we see any cameos at all, they'll be related to Gen 3, simply because it's the only generation they haven't really touched in terms of cameos (except Steven in the remakes.) We've seen Team Rocket, Jasmine, Cynthia, Caitlin, among some other popular cameos, all relating back to Gen 1, 2 and 4; not much at all of Gen 3 though. And I think it's still too early to see Gen 5 cameos.

But honestly, I'm not expecting anything. They went pretty cameo crazy with the 5th gen, and as much as I loved that, I feel like they won't do it to that extent with these new games. Though, I do love me some Cynthia appearances, so I'd be totally alright with seeing her show up.
Old August 4th, 2013, 07:06 AM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
Wait that one grunt that stole the radio part was in B/W? Where?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic396668_1.gif
Old August 4th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I doubt it. Team Flare is the evil team and I think they're getting the spotlight, I wouldn't want another evil team to be around just because and I doubt any Plasma members will appear, I don't think it's needed.
BMGf Ever Grande City
Old August 4th, 2013, 12:52 PM
The Dark Avenger
PumpkaBOO!

Nature: Adamant
I'm holding out for two more evil teams, to differentiate itself from Gen III's two team dynamic.
Plus, we do have 3 regional dexes.

A Grass, Fire, and Water Team would be perfect.
Though, electric and ice would also be nice additions. Flashy and Cool respectively.
Old August 4th, 2013, 09:05 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I could see N cameo if anyone. Or maybe the Goddesses. They could give the player one of the Unova dragons post game.
Stand for Life
Old August 5th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I would like if Team Plasma returned because I think their ideals were very plausible compared to other evil teams we've seen. I think it is possible that some of the members of Team Flare are former members of Team Plasma, looking for some more trouble to cause. I honestly think Team Flare is kind of a lame name and is too similar to Team Magma. Hopefully they will have a good philosophy to make up for this. .
Old August 5th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Silais
Princess of the Law

I honestly think Team Plasma has run its course. They've been in both Black/White and BW2 and I feel that they've seen enough spotlight. Team Flare may be a little bit lame, from what I've heard, but I don't think the X and Y games would be any better with Team Plasma sticking their noses in it for another cameo.
Old August 5th, 2013, 05:37 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I would like if Team Plasma returned because I think their ideals were very plausible compared to other evil teams we've seen. I think it is possible that some of the members of Team Flare are former members of Team Plasma, looking for some more trouble to cause. I honestly think Team Flare is kind of a lame name and is too similar to Team Magma. Hopefully they will have a good philosophy to make up for this. .
As far as we know their philosophy is simple; to make money.

I don't think former plasma members will be popping up like the former Galactic grunt in B2W2 (the Plasma grunt who helps you out). Former Magma grunts and former Rockets have more of a chance given their name and goals...
Stand for Life
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Pingouin7
¬‿¬
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
I think it would be kinda cool if they got that one Team Rocket member that showed up in Unova to show up in every future generation. No particular reason, really.
Do we know where Kalos is relative to Unova? If Kalos is relatively close, then we might get characters mentioning Unova having problems with Team Plasma.
Similar to how the characters in Johto mentioned actions from the player from Gen I.
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Elixir.
Fly Away

Nature: Calm
It's definitely possible, but I think it's kinda unlikely. N is somewhat likely to make an appearance, maybe. I really hope that one Team Rocket member keeps showing up, though. It could make for a nice running joke.
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:45 AM
DarkfoolDave

Nature: Docile
I think the most likely character to get a cameo would be Colress. I don't know if he's a straight up team Plasma member, but with the games showing a strong leaning towards genetics as an overall theme, it seems perfect for a scientist bent on bringing out as much power as possible.

Spoiler:
Granted, he does kinda concede to the hero that love and kindness trump scientific manipulation in B2/W2, so it's up in the air, I suppose...
Old August 9th, 2013, 11:58 AM
*Icecold*
Bow down to Queen Meowstic

Nature: Hasty
I hope not... I really dislike Team Plasma. A whole lot.

But if it's anyone they're bringing back it's the oh so rebellious and super sappy Twilight-friendly N. Everyone loves him, so why can't Game Freak score a few bucks attracting fangirls?
This signature has been disabled.
Signature way too large. Try removing some lines or spaces!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 10th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
Thing is, Team Plasma already had two plots dedicated around their villainous group. Just like Team Rocket had Gold/Silver as an opportunity to regroup themselves, so did Team Plasma in Black/White 2. Yes, they were (relatively) well-written villains, but I can't see any more than a grunt cameo.

As for all the Flare and Magma comparisons, that would just be kinda redundant to have two fiery villain groups in a single game.
3DS FC: 4914-3495-9756 (IGN: Shrew)
Tradelist
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:59 PM
AmourPearlShipper
Caution: Drunken people crossing

I guess N has a chance to appear and battle the player in the after-game, or help him in a task against Team Flare. However, I don't think the other Team Plasma members will be appearing, nor will they make a cameo.
Escavalier literally is 2HKOed by Stoutland Fire Fang, Metang was undoubtedly the much better choice.
SuperSkarmory | Serebii | Infernape in Ubers (peaked at #35!)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here