• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I was leaning against the idea of everyone being a jinchuriki anyway. :P

Limiting the Kekkei Genkai was something I already had in mind. The nature of the Rinnegan would shoot someone up towards jonin status almost immediately even with minimal ninja experience due to its power being like that of tailed beasts but at will while jinchuriki need training to make their partnership effective, so I would probably ban the Rinnegan from PCs. I was already planning to limit the quantity of a Kekkei Genkai present in the RP to one per KG, so you'd see at most one person with the Sharingan, Byakugan, etc. I am also thinking about "reviving" some of the dead KGs and retcon them a slight bit so that if some players desired, they could play as someone with the Kaguya KG or Haku's KG for example, but they would otherwise be an endangered KG like the Sharingan is in the manga. Jinchuriki will be KGless for sure since it would just be overkill.

I'm not sure exactly HOW I'll start, but the RP would progress very quickly into the chunin exams. I'm thinking I'd like to start the exam in the Land of Lightning or maybe the Land of Water.

One other possibility I came up with regarding the potential power balance issues with KGs and Jinchurikis would be that the sign-up process could involve restrictions required to be written in by players, such as a strengths or weaknesses section that requires players to have their character's skills with their KG or jinchuriki to be low to be on par with other aspiring chunin or to have their skills be mostly oriented around their KG so that other ninjas can balance out the others' KGs with their own natural skills like strength, intelligence, knowledge, etc. I want to be sure there's enough freedom of choice in character design without letting power get out of hand. There will be jonin level characters as background characters that people can sign up as as well so a powerful KG character there will be possible, just not played as often as the genin characters.

I'm also mulling over the possibility of allowing up to 2 or 3 jinchuriki sign-ups total since I enjoyed the dynamic between the two jinchuriki in the anime/manga's chunin exams and it would be interesting to see it in the RP itself.

I think it's fine if there's just one person with the Sharingan Kekkei Genkai and I'm glad you thought of the limiting thing as well. Also, the idea of reviving dead KGs is fine with me. I especially love Haku's myself. Though, with the KGs they aren't going to be experienced with them so that will make them less OP.

You could always start with them getting assigned to their prospective squads? Though, how are you going to work that aspect out? Like are you just going to make them NPC and let the player's control them. Or are people going to sign up for the roles of Jonin's as well? Are you going to put the player's in Team's together or with two other NPCs? I always liked the Land of Lightening but that's just me!

Strict regulations are a must. I like that idea especially since it's put in by the player. That way the OPness cannot get too out of control. Also, they'll have to RP their experience with discovering the power of their respective KGs and how it works, etc.

As long as those two/three Jinchuuriki end up fighting each other in the Chuunin Exams! :P

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Will we be required to play with already existing skills etc... or can we be more creative?

Oh, and how will you handle the situation with teams and jonine teachers?
How I'll handle jutsu knowledge and acquisition isn't set in stone yet, but people will be able to create their own jutsu. I wont have E-rank jutsu listed by players since its the stuff you should know before being a genin. D-rank jutsu will probably be summarized since again, there's a lot a genin can know in this field, but I might have them list this too. Not sure yet. C, B, and A-rank jutsu will likely be listed with caps on how many you can have. C will likely be 6-10 if you possess B and A rank jutsu, 9-12 if you have less than the maximum allowed jutsu of A and B ranks and 12+ if you possess no B or A-rank jutsu. S-rank jutsu will be off-limits but the acquisition of more jutsu but with limits on B, A and S rank jutsu will exist throughout the RP. This DOES mean that if the RP progresses far enough, I may allow people's characters to learn S-rank jutsu but that would be down the road a-ways.

As I said earlier, creativity would be encouraged but I and any co-GMs of mine will be sure they stay in line with the power balance. Characters will be signing up with a selected intuitive element so I'll be very picky with which jutsu people pick that're of an elemental nature. I may allow people to carry second elements on genin characters if their sign-up is superb and they properly scale down the skill the character has with those elements. The exception to this is if someone carries a Kekkei Genkai that allows a person to mold two elements, but KGs will need to scaled back adequately by the player.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Just a minor minor minor notice: I'm not going to be able to post in the RP forms until Sunday due to a small occurrence that arose over the weekend.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I think it's fine if there's just one person with the Sharingan Kekkei Genkai and I'm glad you thought of the limiting thing as well. Also, the idea of reviving dead KGs is fine with me. I especially love Haku's myself. Though, with the KGs they aren't going to be experienced with them so that will make them less OP.

You could always start with them getting assigned to their prospective squads? Though, how are you going to work that aspect out? Like are you just going to make them NPC and let the player's control them. Or are people going to sign up for the roles of Jonin's as well? Are you going to put the player's in Team's together or with two other NPCs? I always liked the Land of Lightening but that's just me!

Strict regulations are a must. I like that idea especially since it's put in by the player. That way the OPness cannot get too out of control. Also, they'll have to RP their experience with discovering the power of their respective KGs and how it works, etc.

As long as those two/three Jinchuuriki end up fighting each other in the Chuunin Exams! :P
I wanted to allow signing up as secondary characters so that people's main characters would have supporting roles, but the idea behind the jonin sensei allows players to control a more powerful character in the background. I had planned to have a select number of jonin available that people would reserve under the condition that activity requirements will be higher. How squads would work is that players who chose to reserve a jonin position would set up a squad based in the village of their choice (that I allow anyway) that other players can choose to join if they want and if their character will be from the same village. However, since standards for jonin sensei players will be higher, they will need to be able to coordinate with the two other players in their squad and have to assume some responsibility in guiding their squad along, even when the jonin isn't present in that part of the RP. For this reason I'll only let the best RPers/sign-ups reserve jonin sensei spots and if they choose to do so, my co-GMs will have first dibs on sensei roles.

As the RP fills up and sign-ups slow down, I will allow the players in their squads to fill the roles left vacant with secondary characters so we don't have awkward situations with unfilled squads. I may allow people to sign up a second genin to play in another squad if a squad needs a spot filled, but these people will need to be active and be great RPers who can handle the extra responsibility. Starting a new squad wont require you to play the jonin role, but if nobody else joins your squad and claims it, you'll have to fill up the squad yourself including the jonin.

I'm open to other methods as well but I want to be sure the freedom is available for the players while allowing for sensible restrictions to be in place.

I will note that secondary characters unless they're a second squad genin will have a shorter and simpler app. to fill out since for the most part they are background characters. Jonin sensei may have a sign-up of their own.

Interestingly enough, I actually prefer the Pokemon fantasy RP ATM but if there's a lot of support for the Naruto RP and people who think they'll be up for co-GMing, I'll give it a shot. Otherwise I'm going to see how successful Manganum's Pokemon: Azure turns out before further contemplating my own RP concept.

Last edited:
Years
I know I have mostly been talking about my current RP (Reapers) and the journey RP I'm currently working on but I have recently had another idea that I want to run by you guys and see what you think.

This idea is a new twist on the concept of "superpowers" (taking an approach to the development of these abilities similar to X-Men) but it is far from being about heroes and villains. It takes place in a far more corrupt and unpleasant version of the world where the focus isn't world domination but money. In the RP many of these people with superpowers use them to compete in a violent and illegal sport (often sponsored by corrupt businesses, politicians or even rich individuals) in which these people use these abilities as tools of destruction in no-holds-barred, all out combat.

What do you think?

Edit: Honestly I'm not sure which to do or hell maybe even do both...

Last edited:

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
@Xlugon Pryo ~ I'd love to join your RP when you get things finished. :D I do have some questions though. Is there going to be any spots open for "bad guys"? Like Orochimaru, Akatsuki, etc... something along those parts? And would the previous Naruto characters be up for grabs (including dead ones) or is this completely our own characters? It would be interesting to throw some of the characters in. You're going to need a Hokage (...kage depending on where you put the main town or some sort of leader) so are you going to make another original character or take one of the characters? Also how far into the series are you going to put it? I know I'm behind in the series by a bit but I know enough of what is going on to RP and I am in the process of watching the other episodes. Do all the characters we make have to be from the village you state or can we have our characters be from other villages? Like if you place it in Konoha can I have a character from another "partner" village. Kind of like how Temari comes to Konoha to help during the chunin exams but make the "partnership" stronger to where we are "sharing" our ninja to help each other out. Something like that...

Some possible ideas to help out:

An interesting place to have things happen would be the land of snow or dealing with the waterfall village. Besides the movies, not much has happened to those locations so it would be a good place to make a story in. Same with the Village Hidden in the Stone (I'm drawing a blank on the Japanese name at the moment :P). Or you could do something like what Orochimaru did. Make your own "ninja village" in one of the small, no name towns and have it so it developed over the years and is now a major ninja hub.

Years
I decided to do both but I'm starting with the journey RP.

@pikachu - I think Xlugon already said something similar about the villages anyway.

Khawill

<3
Years
I'm thinking a league of legends RP where everyone makes their own champion to fight for whatever your motives are. Since it would be mostly pvp I would have to balance characters of course (I think a simplified version of the game's stats will work).

Would anyone be interested though?

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
@Xlugon Pryo ~ I'd love to join your RP when you get things finished. :D I do have some questions though. Is there going to be any spots open for "bad guys"? Like Orochimaru, Akatsuki, etc... something along those parts? And would the previous Naruto characters be up for grabs (including dead ones) or is this completely our own characters? It would be interesting to throw some of the characters in. You're going to need a Hokage (...kage depending on where you put the main town or some sort of leader) so are you going to make another original character or take one of the characters? Also how far into the series are you going to put it? I know I'm behind in the series by a bit but I know enough of what is going on to RP and I am in the process of watching the other episodes. Do all the characters we make have to be from the village you state or can we have our characters be from other villages? Like if you place it in Konoha can I have a character from another "partner" village. Kind of like how Temari comes to Konoha to help during the chunin exams but make the "partnership" stronger to where we are "sharing" our ninja to help each other out. Something like that...

I would just like to make a note, if we could avoid using Canon characters I think that would be for the best. Perhaps even avoid their existence (like set in an alternate reality or so far in the future that the only mention of Naruto, etc is in Genin School. Please, no relations to Canon characters either.). Y'know? I don't think it'll be that hard to come up with Kages, a town, etc. If we're going to be doing the Chunin Exam, I think it would be cool if some of the characters were from different villages. But after the Chunin Exams how are they going to fit into the storyline? I think it would be easier if everyone was from the village (at least our main characters) It would be cool though if there was an entire squad (like actual RP players) were from a different village. I'd be up for that. Since they're doing the Chunin Exams most, if not all, of our characters will have meet/know each other. Somehow people are going to have to implement/discuss it out before hand.

Some possible ideas to help out:

An interesting place to have things happen would be the land of snow or dealing with the waterfall village. Besides the movies, not much has happened to those locations so it would be a good place to make a story in. Same with the Village Hidden in the Stone (I'm drawing a blank on the Japanese name at the moment :P). Or you could do something like what Orochimaru did. Make your own "ninja village" in one of the small, no name towns and have it so it developed over the years and is now a major ninja hub.

Iwagakure (Hidden in the Stone). If we're suggesting places I personally like Kumogakure/Land of Lightning. Though, I like the own ninja village idea the absolute best. The thing Xlugon said about the villages was that, "I'm not sure exactly HOW I'll start, but the RP would progress very quickly into the chunin exams. I'm thinking I'd like to start the exam in the Land of Lightning or maybe the Land of Water."

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Iwagakure (Hidden in the Stone). If we're suggesting places I personally like Kumogakure/Land of Lightning. Though, I like the own ninja village idea the absolute best. The thing Xlugon said about the villages was that, "I'm not sure exactly HOW I'll start, but the RP would progress very quickly into the chunin exams. I'm thinking I'd like to start the exam in the Land of Lightning or maybe the Land of Water."

Ah I see that now. How did I miss that? :\ Hmmm.....

Anyway either one works for me :D

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I'd have to change a lot if I were to remove the canon characters and events from the RP. It WILL take place far enough into the future that few of the older ninja would still be alive if any, so at best some characters would be descendants from other characters in the past.

Nobody will be playing AS a canon character. Everyone makes up their own. Things like the Kage will be original too. I'm leaning against making an antagonist PC faction but the decision will come down to how I want the plot to pan out. However, the plot will incorporate several ninja villages and will take place in such a way that different village ninja shouldn't have issues in interaction.

I will consider having everyone be from a single village, but I think it would make the chunin exams less fun. There's a mystical aspect that comes in to play when you're up against people from other villages. You'll know what to expect from your classmates back from your own land, but not strangers from elsewhere.

Years
@Xlugon - That sounds pretty good to me, I'm really looking forward to it.

I have a couple of questions for everyone. Do you come up with many RP ideas? How do you decide which RPs to do and when? and how do you deal with your ideas if you have a lot of them.

For me I tend to have a lot of RP ideas in short periods of time and I struggle to work out what to do with them sometimes. Those that I decide I like I draft and then save for later and then use on a whim but as of late I keep getting stuck.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I'd have to change a lot if I were to remove the canon characters and events from the RP. It WILL take place far enough into the future that few of the older ninja would still be alive if any, so at best some characters would be descendants from other characters in the past.

The only thing I meant by that was that I didn't want to see people determining who Naruto/other Canons would marry. Unless, of course, you decided that before hand. I think it would be cool if the Uzumaki clan started up again. With us not being located in Konoha I don't really see why any of the characters would be related to the characters from Konoha. I just want to make sure people see that, that is if they don't choose their starting village to be Konoha.

Nobody will be playing AS a canon character. Everyone makes up their own. Things like the Kage will be original too. I'm leaning against making an antagonist PC faction but the decision will come down to how I want the plot to pan out. However, the plot will incorporate several ninja villages and will take place in such a way that different village ninja shouldn't have issues in interaction.

I will consider having everyone be from a single village, but I think it would make the chunin exams less fun. There's a mystical aspect that comes in to play when you're up against people from other villages. You'll know what to expect from your classmates back from your own land, but not strangers from elsewhere.

Alright, I just wasn't sure what the plot was going to be like after the Chunin Exams. Now, I think it'll definitely be more fun to have ninja from different villages.

Also, if you ever need someone to bounce plot ideas off of I'm only a VM/PM away!

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
YEEEEAAAHHHHHHHH...

So I'm totally committed to working on my Pokemon fantasy RP. Once I've gotten a lot done I'll reveal some plot and other juicy details. There will be a new type and the ability to create up your own Pokemon moves, although this'll be limited somehow. I'm hoping for it to be a little sandboxish with a bigger goal further down the line.

It's coming!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have a couple of questions for everyone. Do you come up with many RP ideas? How do you decide which RPs to do and when? and how do you deal with your ideas if you have a lot of them.

For me I tend to have a lot of RP ideas in short periods of time and I struggle to work out what to do with them sometimes. Those that I decide I like I draft and then save for later and then use on a whim but as of late I keep getting stuck.
Yes, I come up with many RP ideas. When deciding when to do what, I first think if I even have time to lead another RP at the moment. Then, I think about if it's even feasible and fun for others. I usually have a lot of ideas and drafts stored. Often formatted and all ^^

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
@Xlugon - Does this mean you aren't going to do your Naruto RP then?
I'm less interested in it but it's still a project I'm mulling over. If it has more interest down the line I'll give it a shot. I just have fresher ideas for a Pokemon RP and I don't have to wrestle with already existing canon details where with my Pokemon RP it will be mostly custom minus the Pokemon themselves.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

An original story; a grueling journey of teamwork,
protection, guardianship, mystery,
discovery, and rebellion.
Ladies, Gentlemen, and Others:
Seeing as HYRULE has fallen (HAHAHA--Oh, it hurts! ;c) I'm going straight to working on FORSAKEN, seeing as I've done plenty of brainstorming and plotting, and have everything written up, All I need to do is make the RP itself! Here's some of the information I've mentioned before, with a bit more.

This Roleplay will be unique in not only story, but in how you are meant to play it. You must find another Roleplayer (hopefully one you will enjoy playing with) to sign up with. Each pair of players must rely on each other to keep moving forward in this Roleplay. Between the two of you, one must pick a Human character, and the other an Angel character. The plot, being the most powerful part of this RP, is still fairly secretive, and will be progressed as the IC continues. Angels are guardians, assigned to a Human to protect from the many dangers of life, and lead them on a righteous path, while protecting them from demons, demonic spirits, and poor decisions. Angels are invisible to the Human eye, so the Humans have no knowledge of any of these things. However, things are about to become very bizarre...

AND NO, SUPERVEGETA, YOU CANNOT BE GOD IN THIS ONE.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

An original story; a grueling journey of teamwork,
protection, guardianship, mystery,
discovery, and rebellion.
Ladies, Gentlemen, and Others:
Seeing as HYRULE has fallen (HAHAHA--Oh, it hurts! ;c) I'm going straight to working on FORSAKEN, seeing as I've done plenty of brainstorming and plotting, and have everything written up, All I need to do is make the RP itself! Here's some of the information I've mentioned before, with a bit more.

This Roleplay will be unique in not only story, but in how you are meant to play it. You must find another Roleplayer (hopefully one you will enjoy playing with) to sign up with. Each pair of players must rely on each other to keep moving forward in this Roleplay. Between the two of you, one must pick a Human character, and the other an Angel character. The plot, being the most powerful part of this RP, is still fairly secretive, and will be progressed as the IC continues. Angels are guardians, assigned to a Human to protect from the many dangers of life, and lead them on a righteous path, while protecting them from demons, demonic spirits, and poor decisions. Angels are invisible to the Human eye, so the Humans have no knowledge of any of these things. However, things are about to become very bizarre...

AND NO, SUPERVEGETA, YOU CANNOT BE GOD IN THIS ONE.

I'm definitely gonna join this as a guardian angel. If there's anyone else who is also gonna join this and needs a guardian angel feel free to message me ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back