• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Personally, I would love to see a Munchlax pre-evolution. Also, a split evolution for Dragonair may be really nice. I love split evolutions and I want to see more of them in gen. 6.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I really don't get everyone's want for split evolutions. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the point of adding a split in a line this far down the line for stuff that's already fantastic (especially the Dragonite line). Especially with how Unova marked a new start, I'd imagine that the following region is going to follow that theme as well, not giving us new stuff.

I REALLY would love some new evolutions, especially the stuff that I have commented in this thread alreayd. It actually happening just has a low likelihood =/

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Personally, I would love to see a Munchlax pre-evolution. Also, a split evolution for Dragonair may be really nice. I love split evolutions and I want to see more of them in gen. 6.

A pre-evolution for a pokemon that's already a Pre-evolution? I love Munchlax and Snorlax, but i think they are awesome the way the are, and another pre-evo would just be weird...and not fit at all imo.

I really don't get everyone's want for split evolutions.

I totally agree, i want to see new pokemon, like brand-new pokemon. Unova did a pretty good job at that, and although i didn't love all the new pokes and their design, i like how they made the effort to create a bunch of new ones. Creating an endless number of new pre-evolutions/evolutions for pokemon that already exist just seems like the easy route...and it would complicate things in unnecessary ways

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
I feel that split evolutions add an extra sense of customization to your team. (That's why I love the concept of eeveelutions) I feel that if done right, a split evolution for Dragonair may be really cool. For instance, instead of deciding to evolve it into a Dragonite, you can choose to evolve it to a new Pokemon that has the same serpent-like body to dragonair if that makes any sense lol

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
When and where did GameFreak ever tell us that none of the Gen. V Pokémon have no evolutionary relation to any Pokémon from the previous generations?

At the very beginning of Generation 5. While we were still getting leaks for the new information. Before we got a massive amount of new Pokemon added.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
Like everybody else, I'm all for a pre-evo of Lapras ♥

I feel that split evolutions add an extra sense of customization to your team. (That's why I love the concept of eeveelutions) I feel that if done right, a split evolution for Dragonair may be really cool. For instance, instead of deciding to evolve it into a Dragonite, you can choose to evolve it to a new Pokemon that has the same serpent-like body to dragonair if that makes any sense lol

Oooo, I like this idea too.

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I guess it would be nice to see Zebstrika evolve, maybe he could even get a 2nd type?
So what do you guys think is more likely: GF to make some new pre-evos/evos for pokemon before the 5th Gen, or for Pokemon that were introduced in the 5th Gen?

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Maybe, but how can that work? Having a pokemon with 6 different heads?

Maybe they could finally show us the thing's feet; a Dugtrio mentioned that it had feet in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team.

By that vein, the male Pawn turns into a female Queen. That would be an interesting evolution...but it would be the strongest of all four.

Cyclone

Protoangous hermaphrodites do occur in nature, so this could be possible, especially since Bisharp, as insects, might be simple enough in biological terms as compared to more complex species to survive such a metemorphosis.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Please don't evolve Zebstrika. :( I can't imagine how much faster it'd be if it had an evolution, daym. Just seems like a final evolution to me!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Not really overpowered, but not necessary. It already has great stats, great moves, great ability, so I don't thinkhat really needs t b eimproved upon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I guess it would be nice to see Zebstrika evolve, maybe he could even get a 2nd type?
So what do you guys think is more likely: GF to make some new pre-evos/evos for pokemon before the 5th Gen, or for Pokemon that were introduced in the 5th Gen?

Definitely pre-evos/evos for 5th gen pokemon, some gen 5 'mons really need an evolution such as Audino, Stunfisk, Heatmor, and I really want a Basculin evo. Besides, last gen (4) was all about uber evolutions. If they didn't do an evo for certain pokemon in gens 1 - 4, and they didn't do it for gen 5 then they are DEFINITELY not receiving an evo in gen 6. Evolutions for gen 5'ers just makes sense to me.
A Zebstrika evolution would be good to me, but only if it raises its attack and Hp stats. Darmanitan is a great pokemon because he has very good Hp and stunning attack, this means he can use flare blitz without fear of losing too much hp in recoil damage. I want Zebstrika to be like this. His attack is higher than his special attack, so wild charge is his best electric move. An improvement on its attack and Hp stats would be great.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
At the very beginning of Generation 5. While we were still getting leaks for the new information. Before we got a massive amount of new Pokemon added.

And could you give me a link to this announcement? I didn't really start start following Pokémon speculation until a few months ago…

A pre-evolution for a pokemon that's already a Pre-evolution? I love Munchlax and Snorlax, but i think they are awesome the way the are, and another pre-evo would just be weird...and not fit at all imo.

Not that Munclax and Snorlax's evolutionary line is incomplete or anything (it makes some sort of cartoony sense that Munchlax could eat a ton and get as fat as Snorlax,) but do any of you guys think that other evolutionary chains could receive a mid-evolution? I was thinking about Vulpix/Ninetails, but there are probably some others as well. I do admit, however, that, if this change were to be implemented, that it would most likely cause some major problems: how would GameFreak design the games to account for this new twist to the evolution mechanism? I thought that maybe it could program these new evos such that they require players like us to use a combination of multiple, previously-used alternate-evolution mechanisms to obtain these new Pokémon through this kind of modified evolution mechanism if we wanted to use them. I assume that, otherwise, the normal rules of evolution could take precedence over these new ones somehow. But since its not likely that GameFreak would insert new members into the middle of evolution chains, maybe future evolutions of existing Pokémon could appear to players when they used more than one of the alt-evo methods that currently exist? For example, an Electric-type Pokémon could evolve into an Electric/Fire-type if it knew 'Spark' after a certain level and used it in battle while holding a piece of 'Charcoal,' which would then ignite and trigger a post-battle evolution. Or a Rock-type Pokémon could evolve into a Fire/Steel-type if it were holding 'Metal Coat' and was traded with a Pokémon holding 'Charcoal.' What do you guys think?

Not that Munclax and Snorlax's evolutionary line is incomplete or anything (it makes some sort of cartoony sense that Munchlax could eat a ton and get as fat as Snorlax,) but do any of you guys think that other evolutionary chains could receive a mid-evolution? I was thinking about Vulpix/Ninetails, but there are probably some others as well. I do admit, however, that, if this change were to be implemented, that it would most likely cause some major problems: how would GameFreak design the games to account for this new twist to the evolution mechanism? I thought that maybe it could program these new evos such that they require players like us to use a combination of multiple, previously-used alternate-evolution mechanisms to obtain these new Pokémon through this kind of modified evolution mechanism if we wanted to use them. I assume that, otherwise, the normal rules of evolution could take precedence over these new ones somehow. But since its not likely that GameFreak would insert new members into the middle of evolution chains, maybe future evolutions of existing Pokémon could appear to players when they used more than one of the alt-evo methods that currently exist? For example, an Electric-type Pokémon could evolve into an Electric/Fire-type if it knew 'Spark' after a certain level and used it in battle while holding a piece of 'Charcoal,' which would then ignite and trigger a post-battle evolution. Or a Rock-type Pokémon could evolve into a Fire/Steel-type if it were holding 'Metal Coat' and was traded with a Pokémon holding 'Charcoal.' What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Hey guys, I think an interesting evolution to see would be a Zebstrika one. Think of a gigantic zebra with a horn.

...Kind of like Ixion from FFX, if you will.

Spoiler:

I honestly can't figure out what's what in that picture. It is so ridiculously complicated and out of control. But yeah, I wouldn't want to see an evolution for Zebstrika, it's already fine in my opinion.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Okay, that helped. The orientation of the first one just was screwed up, especially how it's head was positioned. But still, I don't really feel like Zebstrika needs an evolution, unless it left it's base speed the same, or decreased it in exchange for power sort of like Magneton to Magnezone.

Rapidish I'm pretty much in the same boat for =P

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I would love zebstrika to have one, it is a cool pokemon but not that strong.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Rapidash doesn't need an evolution and if it had Chlorophyll well, welcome to Ubers... :x

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
A Rapidash with chlorophyll?! That'll make no sense what so ever...
And while people whine that X doesn't need an evolution because it's too powerful, that won't stop GF from making one if they want. Same goes for them chosing not to give evolutions to weaker Pokémon. These are just suggestions. Plus a Pegasus Rapidash with Fire/Flying imo will easy balance itself out due to that typing taking major damage from stealth rock.

Back