• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
So my planned roleplay is going along well enough. I still have to finish the story arcs so that I have no more issues when the game starts, but my research branched off which made me think of another RP.

Has anyone ever done a Holy Grail War RP? To those not familiar to it, it's from the Nasuverse -specifically the Fate series- where several people (most often eight) summon 'Spirits' based on historical/fictional figures and compete for the Holy Grail, which is rumored to grant someone's wish.

I'm planning on making one, Rated [M], although I'm not sure how well accepted it is going to be on this forum. Is anyone interested in this?

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I love me some Nasuverse, I'd definitely be interested.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
A Fate-style RP was here at the beginning of summer, but it didn't make it very far. I'm not sure if it was just bad timing (I, for one, had to drop out) or the idea itself though.

For now I'd focus on your first idea :3.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
An update on The Imprisoning War Zelda RP:

I've changed the race count to five, with the possibility of others added at any point during the RP (it's very unlikely, but still possible.)

The current list is:

HYLIANS
KOKIRI
GERUDO
ZORA
GORON

Yes, I've added Gorons. We'll just have to make them a lot more mortal, the strengths and weaknesses can be applied in a fair way.

All races will have a reason to be involved, and all will have their own perks and faults to make them a unique but equal team member.

Altogether, the OOC Post is coming together nicely (fortunately for me, my knowledge of CSS and coding improved slightly as of late, through sheer toying) and captures the Zelda feel in my opinion. Not that it has much to do with the Story, but I'm pleased with it.

The story has been thought out, with some wiggle room based on what kind of characters or ideas come from the players.

PixieCircle8

Writer // Roleplayer
Years
Anoo.. Senior-san,
i just wanna ask if any roleplay is open for registration? Well, my english is rather that and that so is there any roleplay that accept me?

Well, i got idea myself of an roleplay that a bit of cross-over sao x accel world x baka and test and maybe it will take a time much and i'll be taking experience first at the world of roleplay. So,.. nice to meet you all, i guess?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Ohayou Gozaimasu, Hiajimema****e!

There are a number of active roleplays at the moment, if you simply look around the OOC threads you can get some more information on them. If you're new here, I suggest you go through The Rules stickied at the top of the RP Corner. Optionally, if you want to improve on your writing, you can also read up on Roleplayer's Ettiquite, also stickied.

Years
Right now I'm currently working on a Terminator Themed RPG, Where it is in the Future and during the future war against The Machines (Skynet) and It will be about A nine man strike team from John Connor's Tech-Comm Unit against Skynet.

It will be based on What James Cameron wrote, in which that means No Terminator 3 and Terminator Salvation never happened due to the way MC.G did not portray the war and T-600 accurately.

What I'm writing is The Nine Man strike team were apart of the Mission that helped Kyle Reese make it back to 1984 to protect Sarah Connor. And further explain on how Perry (The 2nd person who was supposed to be with Kyle Reese in 1984) did not make it.

Also at the same time How this strike team Helped John Connor acquire the Terminator from Terminator 2 and sending it back in time in 1994 to protect his child self.

Then after all that The Nine Man team would have to go back in time, I was thinking perhaps maybe preventing a Time Paradox of another Skynet invasion or something to that effect. I was even thinking protecting one of the other Commanders of Tech Com and the Nine man Strike team would have to go back.

It is in the process but I was thinking we start it in the battle fields due to the fact I always wanted to see the characters more in the future war battle field. Any suggestions would be awesome : )

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
So, with X and Y coming out it's time for the RPC to get in on the action!

I am planning to make Kalos Adventure, a sandboxy XY RP, our Fall event. There will be spoilers, so I'm going to hold off a week or so, but expect it soon!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
So, with X and Y coming out it's time for the RPC to get in on the action!

I am planning to make Kalos Adventure, a sandboxy XY RP, our Fall event. There will be spoilers, so I'm going to hold off a week or so, but expect it soon!

Will you do the usual 3 people to take 3 starters, include some wild cards, or make it open?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Guys, is it possible that one isn't able to post in the OOC thread of a RP anymore (with phone, Samsung Galaxy Note) because of a certain CSS code that someone used?

I can't post in the OOC thread of Youkai Academy anymore… on the last page atleast… and I think it might be because of the CSS code that PixieCircle8 used because I used two different kinds of phones to do it and neither worked.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Guys, is it possible that one isn't able to post in the OOC thread of a RP anymore (with phone, Samsung Galaxy Note) because of a certain CSS code that someone used?

I can't post in the OOC thread of Youkai Academy anymore… on the last page atleast… and I think it might be because of the CSS code that PixieCircle8 used because I used two different kinds of phones to do it and neither worked.

Lol, the CSS she used in her post won't affect using PC on your phone. Did you check if you were logged in? Maybe it's something to do with your phone?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Lol, the CSS she used in her post won't affect using PC on your phone. Did you check if you were logged in? Maybe it's something to do with your phone?

I was logged in and my phone is perfectly fine… like I said: I used two different phones to check it out and by both the browsers completely crashed by just opening the last page of YA.

EDIT: looks like I can still post in the OOC of Youkai Academy with my laptop so I will do that until I can post there again with my phone.

... but Google chrome stopped working after I posted there so I wonder what the deal is ^^;;

Last edited:
Years
Is anyone here interested in a Digimon RP?

Here's a basic overview of the plot:
We're all beta testers for a simulation of the events of season 1 of Digimon. However, the code starts breaking down and begins warping and corrupting the Digimon and the world. We start off on the Devimon plot arc. I was thinking that the programmers can't fix the program from the outside due to all the ~corruption~ so it's up to us to get to a failsafe terminal located in the Digiworld where we could reset the world (after finding an adept-Digi programmer of course, who I was thinking could be a kindly, well-hidden Digimon.) Along the way, we'd have to battle the original villains along with some new ones.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Is anyone here interested in a Digimon RP?

Here's a basic overview of the plot:
We're all beta testers for a simulation of the events of season 1 of Digimon. However, the code starts breaking down and begins warping and corrupting the Digimon and the world. We start off on the Devimon plot arc. I was thinking that the programmers can't fix the program from the outside due to all the ~corruption~ so it's up to us to get to a failsafe terminal located in the Digiworld where we could reset the world (after finding an adept-Digi programmer of course, who I was thinking could be a kindly, well-hidden Digimon.) Along the way, we'd have to battle the original villains along with some new ones.
I would certainly be interested if I had time. Sadly, I don't ;; But yeah, if you plan out the story and make sure to recruit eager, active players I could see it becoming a nice RP!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Will you do the usual 3 people to take 3 starters, include some wild cards, or make it open?

The roleplay will have a range of spots available. It will have three "Chosen" trainers, some slightly more experienced trainers and the possibility of playing Gym Leaders may arise. Still in the works.

I want to offer options whilst still keeping the process solid. The last event was too open in the end, and with not enough drive and motivation. This will be different.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I decided to fuse both the RP I was thinking of. I wanted to make one similar to Gilded Halls and a futuristic one where some warriors would fight against a robot apocalypse. And I fused them which will give birth to :

The Buster Warriors

This RP is set in the year 3020 by the way.

Prologue

We are in year 3015. Technology had attained very high summits by then. It was now a common thing to see robots in the society. There were two generations of them : the A1000 and the A2000. The A1000 were mostly constructed for domestic purposes, thus their weapon system wasn't very advanced. But the A2000 were popular for their weapons and they were equipped with a program that allowed them to make a difference between who to kill and who to spare, hoping this would restrict their hostile behavior. But apparently some people were not very pleased by this sudden burst of technology. They were too conservative to accept the changes that were happening. They said that humanity went too far and deserved to be punished. These anti-tech people started preaching through social networks and the internet asking for people to stop "following the evil" so they could be spared by the hand of God as they said. Some people actually believed and followed their cause but some others thought it was just someone seeking attention. Until October the 3rd when what they called "The TechPocalypse" started. The anti-tech group, that dubbed themselves Tetra, launched a virus that was to affect all the A2000. This virus caused a bug that broke the detection program causing the A2000 to identify all the humans as hostile organisms. Then the massive killing started. Robots were killing humans mercilessly, some of them managed to survive but most didn't. By 3018, 80% of the population was dead. Even when things looked bad, the scientists didn't give in to despair and continued working on a way to save the rest of humanity. By 3019, the Buster Suit was created. That suit, which was basically an armor, was created specifically to fight A2000. It possessed a powerful machine gun and came along a Buster Weapon that could be a sword, a gun, a staff, etc... They could use special abilities and attacks depending on which Buster Element they chose. Those could range from Fire, Water, Wind, Lightning, Earth, Dark and Light. Of course, they wouldn't be able to use and manipulate these at once. That's why a Buster Academy was created to instruct the ones chosen to be the Buster Warriors. But the suits were limited as in not everyone could use them. Individuals under 25 years weren't able and the scientist didn't want any minors to use it. Finally 10(?) were chosen to be trained to accomplish the hard task of saving the world.

Just the little development I have so far. Help is very welcome! Also would anyone participate?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Would anyone be interested in a Kalos mystery dungeon type rp, but has a bit more... Well. Read my rough ideas and tell me what you think :)

The story will be set in the Kalos region in an alternate world, held apart by the mythical pokémon Xerneas. The rp itself will be sandbox style, with manypossible missions and 'things to do' inbetween, and will be just like the mystery dungeon series. (That means no humans, but the human world is known of)

Plot: Many pokémon have ben going missing for the while now, generally the weaker pokémon, and very rarely aything strong such as a hydreigon. In effect, the research team, the pokémon corporation, have been undergoing investigations for the past few years, researching for the disappearance of such pokémon. Later on it was discovered that legendary pokémon that held balance to the world, such as Kyogre Groudon and Rayquaza in the hoenn region, had all vanished, and the region had been sent into massive disruption. Infact, in the Sinnoh region, the whole island disappeared entirely due to time and space disappearing from the area. Soon everywhere but kalos was in destruction, and the research team had become much more than just a few members, nearly half the population of pokémon in Kalos are now supportive for their own lives may be at stake. This is where your character will come in - you will be one of few fully evolved pokémon set to explore the region of Kalos, helping people in need and discovering the solution to the problems and saving the world from complete disruption.

I will flesh it out later, add in more details, but as you can tell the rp is going to involve Kalos pokémon. I would like some opinions on the idea if possible please.

Also @JNathan - I would join that :)

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I was logged in and my phone is perfectly fine… like I said: I used two different phones to check it out and by both the browsers completely crashed by just opening the last page of YA.

EDIT: looks like I can still post in the OOC of Youkai Academy with my laptop so I will do that until I can post there again with my phone.

... but Google chrome stopped working after I posted there so I wonder what the deal is ^^;;

Can you post in any other OOCs on your phone?

The roleplay will have a range of spots available. It will have three "Chosen" trainers, some slightly more experienced trainers and the possibility of playing Gym Leaders may arise. Still in the works.

I want to offer options whilst still keeping the process solid. The last event was too open in the end, and with not enough drive and motivation. This will be different.

Sounds a bit weird, also why the eagerness to jump into Kalos so early?

Years
Just going to post here since it is easier than in every RP I am involved with. It will likely be much longer before I get my wi-fi back. I will be as quick as I can and check in whenever I can but I don't think I'll be posting much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back