• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
So I'm starting over because i faild at my chance on geting a deino. so I'm speeding though the game. can someone tell me the location of important Hms and Tms that would not be directly given to me . like ones i have to talk to random people to get? because I'm not stoping much to talk to. the towns people and stuff. i would really be thankful :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So I'm starting over because i faild at my chance on geting a deino. so I'm speeding though the game. can someone tell me the location of important Hms and Tms that would not be directly given to me . like ones i have to talk to random people to get? because I'm not stoping much to talk to. the towns people and stuff. i would really be thankful :)
Many must be searched for. Here's a list:

- HM01 (Cut) is located in Inhore City. You can't miss it, because you have to have one of your 23,000,000 rival battles to have it handed to you.
- HM02 (Fly) is obtainable in Serenity City. Go to the first pair of buildings; in one, you get a Miracle Seed. It's on the second floor of that building.
- HM03 (Surf) is a cutscene with Steven in Mt. Zhery, en route from the desert to the rainy Route 412, where you must first use it to access the Route. After defeating the Gym Leader in the city preceding, take a good water type with you on the trip so you don't have to backtrack.
- HM04 (Strength) is found in Enermy Town, in a house left of the Pokémon Center.
- HM05 (Lava Surf, replacing Flash) is found off the beaten path, having to trek west to Lake Maferny from Enermy Town (and then it's only used once in the entire game, at least in Zhery). The giver is a Lauren Gym Leader.
- HM06 (Rock Smash) is collected at Route 409. You can get it before defeating the Seanport City Gym Leader, Lucas, but it cannot be used out of battle until defeating Lucas.

HM07 (Waterfall?) and HM08 (Dive?) I don't have noted yet. However, Dive isn't used until Victory Road, where an underwater area and an above-water area designed beautifully to match with each other comes into play. Waterfall meanwhile gets you to the Victory Road entrance, and maybe an odd item or two somewhere. With two cities following Serenity City, they are clearly found in those cities or along the way.

Hope that helps. :)

Cyclone

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
The things people say aren't really interesting (because most of the towns use only three or so lines of dialog shared between everyone), but this game also gives you gifts everywhere towards the beginning. It's not so much the TMs as much as everything but for some reason, you can breeze through the game if you know where to look.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Nah, it's sent into the PC if you have full party...
I can confirm this. I saved a state and went through the encounter, then headed back to check the PC to find it there. Back to my state and onwards. :D

Further, I did not find any in the wild looking in AdvanceMap.

Cyclone

Years
I ended up beating the Zephyr Elite Four, Lauren Elite Four, and World Championship with the awesome team of Snorlax (83), Charizard (79), Sceptile (78), Lapras (83), and Hydreigon (89). I may restart as I did not know that you get Elekid in the beginning and I may want to do another run through with Blastoise and Electivire.

But it is a great game. Best hack I've seen in forever. I'll just say that Snorlax is like the best pokemon ever... Belly Drum and Rest. Deadly combo

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
You find the move deleter and use him to forget the hm moves though I forget where he is in this game.
Serenity City. I believe on the right (east) side of the city, the side leading to the dead-end on Route 417.

Cyclone

DarkElectricPunishment

Renegade of Social Standards
Years
Is there a Remember move tutor in the game . I'm trying to prepare my self to Catch Mister Shadow Dragon. because i know i will be stuck in the shadow world and i have to catch him. What Pokemon would you use as a Legendary Catcher. Like knows false swipe and something like hypnosis lol . What do yall do or recommend?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Is there a Remember move tutor in the game . I'm trying to prepare my self to Catch Mister Shadow Dragon. because i know i will be stuck in the shadow world and i have to catch him. What Pokemon would you use as a Legendary Catcher. Like knows false swipe and something like hypnosis lol . What do yall do or recommend?
I think my Pinsir knows False Swipe. I may be mistaken.

I believe Giratina has a high catch rate, also. You may not need Hypnosis.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2013
This has probably been asked already, but how do you know what moves a pokemom will learn? For instance will a charmander learn the moves from gen 1 from leveling up, or from another gen? Is it from the generation they were introduced? Thanks in advance. Great hack

Years
This has probably been asked already, but how do you know what moves a pokemom will learn? For instance will a charmander learn the moves from gen 1 from leveling up, or from another gen? Is it from the generation they were introduced? Thanks in advance. Great hack
Generally Pokes learn moves according to Gen 3 move sets as the ROM base are 3rd gen

Back