• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Complex Crystal - 100% Complete!

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
I hope the bugs get fixed, its a shame that the battle tower and the e4 end is scripted wrong. It took a while for me to finish it and when I saw the wrong script when lance records your hall of fame entry it seemed anti climactic :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
How do i get to the document everybody is talking about? I can't find it! Plz

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
It's pretty nice, still going through my playthrough of it and I have spotted a few things that aren't game breaking but still weird.

1. Some scripts seem off.
-The rival pushing the player back script is glitched because it makes the rival move one step right instead of moving left to push the player back.
-When Lance gets you into Mahogany Town's underground hideout, your begin to walk over the shelf and end the script on top of it.
-Something else I forgot, but it's no biggie.

2. Some people are unedited/overedited
-That one girl with the Corsola at lv 17
-The pokemaniac at Lake of Rage who wields a Nidoking/queen with relatively low levels
-Some Team Rocket members in the Mahogany Town base are unedited
--The Team Rocket Executives that guarded the Electrode factory were unedited
-Oddly enough, I found the Team Rocket Executive that guards the Murkrow to be overleveled as everyone was chilling with their level 43 Pokemon and he busts in with his AK-lv57's. It caught me of guard, but I think you meant lv47 and not 57 because that's too high.
-The female rocket grunt that guards Mary in the goldenrod radio tower has been unedited
-The three sages that guarded the Tin Tower with their eeveelutions and noctowls seem unedited
-Camper Quentin on Route 45 is unedited

3. Just little nitpicky things.
-The guy that usually has a Nidoking in the Lake of Rage area but was replaced by... Kangaskhan I think?... still talks about his Nidoking despite no longer owning one.
-I dunno, I think the Red Gyarados should be higher level to accommodate for the level increase, around 35-40 would've been nice. Same with increasing the level of Suicune when you fight him.
-I noticed the wild Pokemon are at the same level. Like, all hoothoots are lv 4 in the beginning route, never lower or higher. I dunno, I guess it just seems more realistic to have more level-varied Pokemon in a route instead of all the Pokemon being the same level.

All in all, nice patch! Still need to complete it though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 12, 2014
I found a 2 bugs. The first in the black room after beating Lance the character are not in the right place. Instead staying near Lance the character is under him. The second one is with the Leftovers, which was mentioned ealier. It doesn't recover the health per turn, but it works like a berry, but the stronger one. It really needs to be fixed, because Leftovers is important part of strategy.
Besides that, hack is still great. It is far more better than the original.

P.S If you want to, you could make the leaders able to battle again, but with better pokemons.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2014
This looks like a lot of fun! Been looking for a crystal hack for a while as there's nothing quite like playing gen 2 for me :D I appreciate the increase in levels as I grind an abnormal amount, and I love that can get Houndour early - he's my favourite gen 2 pokemon and it never made sense to me that he's native to Kanto :I I'll let you know how I get on with this.

Also, on an almost related note I stared watching oitnb two days ago - great show finished the first season xD

pokemonmastertriplex

the ultamite pokemon master
Years
This seems like a fun hack to play. I have played just about all of your other hacks like this, so i'll keep the collection of your hacks going by playing this one too.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
can't find a single delibird. ice path's full of swinub, jynx and magcargo. where can i find one?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 14, 2015
Hey i think i found a bug. I beat the team rocket executive in the radio tower and i didnt have space in my pack. So i didnt receive the basement key to move on. No when i went back to receive the key, the executive hasnt given it to me. I am very confused and stuck since i cant continue the story of the game. Any tips, help, or troubleshooting?

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Before I address the problems and requests others seem to be having, I'll start off by saying that this hack is awesome in my opinion. It works with the Universal Pokémon Randomizer 100% and that's how I've been playing it. I initially played through twice, changing the starting Pokémon to Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. That was awesome. The randomization turned out to be perfect and the whole game fit together very nicely. I'm now doing a randomizer with Celebi, Houndoom, and Poliwrath as the starters and that's coming along well, too. (That will eventually be changed to Exeggcute, Houndour, and Poliwag since those fit together even better)

Now, to get to some of the problems posted before since the developer seems to have disappeared from the thread...

Basement Key dilemma: I ran into this, too. The Basement Key does not appear in your Key Items. It does appear in your regular items pocket. If I recall correctly, you have to have space available in your regular items pocket to receive it. If you don't have the space available, the director will not attempt to give you the Basement Key again. If you find yourself stuck at this point in the game, you can use this Gameshark code to buy the Basement Key from the PokéMart for free (although the price listed will be $300, you pay nothing): 0185F1D0

Where is this Pokémon? How do I evolve this Pokémon?: I guess maybe I downloaded Complex Crystal from a different website because my file came with a very detailed breakdown of all the changes to the game. Don't worry -- I have the files and you can find everything you're looking for by viewing the file attachment New Locations, Legendaries, & General Changes. This includes anything from stat editing to new/legendary locations. Scroll to the bottom to find out the evolution changes. You can find all of the evolution stones at Olivine City Mart!

Changes to in-game trainers: Included with the compressed file I downloaded was also a detailed account of the changes made to the most important trainers in the game. You can find all those changes in great detail by downloading the attached file Gym Leaders & Elite Four Members.

Hope I've been able to help anyone who was having problems with this great romhack! If you'd like those randomizer files I talked about in my first paragraph, send me a PM! Enjoy!

EDIT ( 11 July 2016) :: I re-uploaded the files since they were not working for some reason. They should work now. Also added a list of Gameshark codes that work for Pokemon Complex Crystal.

Attachments

• New Locations, Legendaries & General Changes.docx
    260.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Gym Leaders & Elite Four Members.docx
    216.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Pokémon Crystal Codes.rtf
    16.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
Whoa! I adored Crystal as a kid but always thought it was too easy, so I can't wait to try this out! I'm having some problems though, I downloaded VBA and it won't open?

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jun 26, 2015
First off, love the hack and all the effort put into it!
personally, I thought it was great that a few trainers and routes were unedited, to remind you of where the original is at that point.
it took me a bit of grinding to finally take down red.
also, it would be cool to change lugia and ho oh to level 40, to get their starting moves :-)

the single flaw that got me was that because of the scripting being off, you cannot play battle tower.
once the game is beat through and through, this is the one remaining challenge, I don't know if this hack is going to get any more work done to it,
but if so, tackle this problem first!

I want to thieve some Miracle berries!

p.s. maybe it'd be cool to change a tree to give miracle berries?

"quote"

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
Great hack, it would be even better if it has more trainers than the original version, Red should have most powerful pokemons, and if possible it should have only one of each starter or legendary pokemon, just some ideas, I wish I could make hacks but it's too difficult to me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2022
I dont mean to revive a dead thread but, since you changed the gyms and trainers to be somewhat harder, does that mean they will make smarter decisions? Casue in the past, i've edited the trainers to be harder but found out they are still easy since they make stupid decisions? I mean the only trainers in gen 2 that didn't make stupid moves are red, and the battle tower trainers. If you've somehow managed to raise the diffuclty on the gyms as well as regular trainers not just via the level but also descions/intelligence then you've outdone yourself? So did you?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Really enjoying this hack so far, but I've encountered a pretty frustrating glitch. When I try to do the Battle Tower, while following the attendant, she keeps leading my character onto the wrong side of a wall. This makes it so my character disappears and can't move, which makes it impossible to continue with the Battle Tower.

I've had all sorts of glitchiness with other scenes where the game controls your movement in some way, but it hasn't interfered with gameplay apart from this.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I'm using the PNaCl port of VBA-M.

Back