• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
It's fixed but hasn't been updated. The changelog is just to let people know of the changes that will be coming once I release it.

If you want the fix now just search for the hex string 49 ED 03 08 in a hex editor of your choosing and replace the 49 with 41.
I see, thank you very much! I was a bit worried with the attack boost bug, since I use stat changing moves a lot, to make up for my level being so low (makes the game more interesting lol) so I wanted to make sure that it would work, else I would have to do some extra training to make up for it. With this fix, I won't have to worry. Thank you again!

I don't mean to bug, but do you know when you are going to release the next version? I'm in no hurry, but I figure it might be nice for others if they didn't have to add the latest fix manually.

Truly, I can't thank you enough, even just for Decap! Having this patch is truly amazing! And the hack I'm working on right now makes use of over half of those features in the core plot of the game, including a Fairy type starter!

So thank you once again for this amazing ROM base, and keep up the wonderful work! It's great to have people like you around, making days, possibly weeks of work and removing it altogether with a single patch!

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Thanks for posting the bug fix. Hopefully there's some fairly similar easy fix for Sand Rush and the weather abilities (i.e. the ones that are pretty much game-breaking), but it doesn't seem like anyone knows yet.

Speaking of Version 1.5: Which new balls are going to be added? Just the gen IV ones that are now standard? Are the HGSS ones added in, too?

Or are we just gonna have to wait and see?

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
It's fixed but hasn't been updated. The changelog is just to let people know of the changes that will be coming once I release it.

If you want the fix now just search for the hex string 49 ED 03 08 in a hex editor of your choosing and replace the 49 with 41.

When I first searched for 49 ED 03 08, it didn't show up. Maybe you might want to switch 49 and 41 around. Otherwise, this. :V

Bliss

Years
When I first searched for 49 ED 03 08, it didn't show up. Maybe you might want to switch 49 and 41 around. Otherwise, this. :V
I was a bit skeptical with this fix at first, so I tested a few things before applying the mentioned fix. Sure enough, attack boosts did NOTHING.

I searched and found it without issue, and after changing it around, I was able to boost my attack enough that I ohko a level 14 Magikarp with a level 2 Charmander (Slash and Sword Dance) Which before took like 13 hits lol.

Are you sure you are using a BPRE (Fire Red V 1.0) ROM?

Also, have you applied any changes? This can only be added to a clean ROM, and it has to be applied before any other patches (As far as I know, there might be exceptions. MrDollSteak, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

iv0

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Nice resource! I'm was using in my edited rom and I don't have any problem with compatibility. Thanks very much fort this!!!!

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
I searched and found it without issue, and after changing it around, I was able to boost my attack enough that I ohko a level 14 Magikarp with a level 2 Charmander (Slash and Sword Dance) Which before took like 13 hits lol.

Are you sure you are using a BPRE (Fire Red V 1.0) ROM?

I definitely am. It's just that 49 ED 03 08 can't be found after you apply the patch to a clean BPRE rom.

Bliss

Years
I definitely am. It's just that 49 ED 03 08 can't be found after you apply the patch to a clean BPRE rom.
I found it using some random Hex Editor I downloaded for the occasion. It's weird, because I found it without issue.

Does anyone know if different Hex Editors interpret the data in unique ways? I ask also because I've been trying to edit text via hex editing, and I just can't find any coherent words in the hex data, which leads me to believe that perhaps the hex has somehow been misinterpreted.

EDIT: I've tried using a patched ROM, and then a clean ROM, and both times the hex editor cannot find CANCEL or the hex equivalent. (I was trying to use Anti-Exploud, which provided the hex equivalent, but couldn't actually change anything)

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
I've tinkered with the Special Stats of a Charmander (up to 190, which jumped his Sp. Att from 20 to 49), yet the damage to a Geodude with Ember did not increase AND got weaker when it used Defense Curl.

Special Attacks just don't seem to be treated like Special Attacks, even with the correct byte set to 01.

Edit: Unless I overwrote it with sprites (which I would be surprised), I didn't make any changes to the patch.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024

What does it fix dude? Well, I just want to fix the weather ability, sand force switch, and stat boosting for a while. PM me if wanted. The patch is really impressive dude. I've already used that in my hack now waiting for 1.5. Keep up the good work dude! Just PM me the fixes for those I mentioned.

Trainer 781

What does it fix dude? Well, I just want to fix the weather ability, sand force switch, and stat boosting for a while. PM me if wanted. The patch is really impressive dude. I've already used that in my hack now waiting for 1.5. Keep up the good work dude! Just PM me the fixes for those I mentioned.

This fixes the problem of not actually attaining stat boosts like swords dance, x attack etc.

GOLDstandard

Eclectic
Years
Just out of curiosity, how did you do the anim for geomancy? I couldn't find anything remotely close to it to use as a base lol

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 11, 2014
I tried applying the patch to a Fire Red rom but I want to hack it further, by adding some new Pokemon and so, but G3HS shows an error when selecting any Pokemon which says that the moves where not fully loaded. Also, I don't see any Type or Ability in their respective columns. What can I do?

Sorry for bad English.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
I've tinkered with the Special Stats of a Charmander (up to 190, which jumped his Sp. Att from 20 to 49), yet the damage to a Geodude with Ember did not increase AND got weaker when it used Defense Curl.

Special Attacks just don't seem to be treated like Special Attacks, even with the correct byte set to 01.

Edit: Unless I overwrote it with sprites (which I would be surprised), I didn't make any changes to the patch.

Okay, so I've done a little bit more testing.

I used the patch (MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase 1.4a.ips) on a standard FireRed game. I set both the starter and the rival to level 50. I set Charmander's Attack to 10, Special Attack to 160. I set Squirtle's defense to 160 and Sp. Def to 10, with a buttload of HP. In the end, however, both Flamethrower and Slash OHKO Squirtle. However, when I set Squirtle's defense to 160 and Sp. Defense to 10, I see a noticable drop in damage from both Slash and Flamethrower (to around 1/8th Squirtle's HP).

Is it because I'm using a v1.0 (I think, it doesn't say "presents") and I need a v1.1?

Edit: Also, Flamethrower ends 00 01 00 while Slash ends 00 00 00.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Okay, so I've done a little bit more testing.

I used the patch (MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase 1.4a.ips) on a standard FireRed game. I set both the starter and the rival to level 50. I set Charmander's Attack to 10, Special Attack to 160. I set Squirtle's defense to 160 and Sp. Def to 10, with a buttload of HP. In the end, however, both Flamethrower and Slash OHKO Squirtle. However, when I set Squirtle's defense to 160 and Sp. Defense to 10, I see a noticable drop in damage from both Slash and Flamethrower (to around 1/8th Squirtle's HP).

Is it because I'm using a v1.0 (I think, it doesn't say "presents") and I need a v1.1?

Edit: Also, Flamethrower ends 00 01 00 while Slash ends 00 00 00.

No, it's for 1.0. Almost no hacking..thingy..uses 1.1.
I'm not quite sure what the problem is. I know that the patch works because I've tried it but...I don't know. Maybe just try redownloading the rom and patch. But, I'm not sure..

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
No, it's for 1.0. Almost no hacking..thingy..uses 1.1.
I'm not quite sure what the problem is. I know that the patch works because I've tried it but...I don't know. Maybe just try redownloading the rom and patch. But, I'm not sure..

Nope. I redownloaded the patch and a different rom, yet the same issue occurred. Gave Charmander a massive Sp. Att and a tiny Attack (12), yet Flamethrower and Slash did the same amount of damage to a level 50, 160/160 Squirtle.

Bliss

Years
Nope. I redownloaded the patch and a different rom, yet the same issue occurred. Gave Charmander a massive Sp. Att and a tiny Attack (12), yet Flamethrower and Slash did the same amount of damage to a level 50, 160/160 Squirtle.
Have you tried the Hex Edit fix mentioned a while back? That seemed to work for me, though I didn't do such extensive testing.

EDIT: Never mind. The Hex Edit fix was for stat boosts. (Though you might want to try it, just as a test)

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Have you tried the Hex Edit fix mentioned a while back? That seemed to work for me, though I didn't do such extensive testing.

EDIT: Never mind. The Hex Edit fix was for stat boosts. (Though you might want to try it, just as a test)

I'll try that when I get home and I can find a new hex editor (I moved computers). However, I can confirm that Defense Curl was working. I noticed because it was cutting the damage of Ember from a previous attempt.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
This is a really well done, professional-grade patch! However, while after much struggle I did eventually get to apply the patch via Lunar IPS, the typings are all screwed up if you try to edit them. Plus it doesn't help that the names of the types are not appearing on the type drop-down menu. Am I supposed to apply both the attack patch and the update patch in the separate folder? I am new to this. Thank you.

Back