• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Undiscovered Legends

Searn

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
Alright guys, looks like the IC thread is up! We should all start our first posts.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
Years
Can't tell you how disappointed I am that I missed the sign-ups. Oh well, next time, hopefully.

Woah, scratch that, I actually read the thread and saw they're apparently still open. It's late at night, so I don't have anything ready for you right now, but can I post a signup tomorrow afternoon (if it's not too late)?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
We always love new member so welcome!

Also, on another note I posted my introductory post. Read a few others too, really great so far!

Oranje

Go Arsenal
Years
Magma Ruby: Thank you so much for your interest. However, you would have to put a ton more effort into all three categories of the sign-up.

Manganum: You are completely fine. We have just started the intro posts and not everyone has posted. The story allows us to easily insert and remove characters. Not that the sign ups will remain open for much longer. You are welcome to fill out the sign up. You don't need to rush, but the faster the better. However, don't trade quality for speed. It would be best for you to have it done soon and so you can have an intro post at the same time as the rest of us... but its all really up to you and your time constraints not ours.

To Everyone Else: Try and get you first posts up as soon as you can. I would like to get us up and rolling and get into the plot.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
Years
Manganum: You are completely fine. We have just started the intro posts and not everyone has posted. The story allows us to easily insert and remove characters. Not that the sign ups will remain open for much longer. You are welcome to fill out the sign up. You don't need to rush, but the faster the better. However, don't trade quality for speed. It would be best for you to have it done soon and so you can have an intro post at the same time as the rest of us... but its all really up to you and your time constraints not ours.

I'm getting started right now. If it's not up in the next 4-5 hours, it'll be posted in the morning, seeing as I don't have any classes for the next few days.

Wall of text incoming.

Name: Hunter Martell

Sex:yes pleaseMale

Appearance:
Hunter's 6 foot, 170 pound build makes him unmistakeable in an average crowd. With a slim physique, sharp jawline and well-balanced facial proportions, he would certainly be considered attractive by most hormonal teenage girls. Dark brown messy hair sits carefully tossed in a rather specific hairstyle, his fringe only just extending past his eyebrows. Below are his icy blue lose-yourself-in-their-depth eyes, perhaps his most striking feature. Hunter is what you would call a "borderline hipster", judging by today's definition. Dressed for cold weather no matter the actual forecast, he often goes out of his way to wear less-than-practical clothes for the sole purpose of appearance. Despite this, he is not a fully-fledged materialist, usually just striving to reflect his personality in his appearance rather than adhere to current fashions. When asked, he would probably attribute his clothing sense to "whatever I'm listening to at the moment, man".

Keeping Hunter's nest of hair in check is a pair of brass-rimmed goggles, not unlike the ones seen on aviators of days long past. These are rarely actually worn as goggles are intended to be; unless the heat of the moment is particularly intense, they're generally left to sit amid Hunter's messy brown locks. One thing he is rarely without is his silver-grey parka, which has proven not only to be an extremely important piece of equipment, but also a rather comfortable item of clothing. Underneath this is generally a t-shirt covered in whatever band emblems he has a current association with. The go-to legwear that Hunter has developed an attraction to is a simple pair of dark grey jeans, held up with a plain silver-bucked belt. His shoes are usually in a state of disrepair, and are as such unrecognizable, but when the occasion stands, Hunter will don some simple grey white-striped runners. Completing the "Winter" look is his father's white scarf, something he is never without, and a pair of black fingerless gloves. As much as he "dislikes" them, they are apparently a necessity.

Personality:
It has been said that "poetry is the best words in the best order". This is precisely the state of mind Hunter has about his life. The most character-building, challenging events, in the best-possible order, resulting in the personality he holds today. Despite his mostly-fulfilled lifestyle, he prefers to keep quiet about most matters, preferring instead to retreat to the back of a group and let someone else do the talking. Those who know Hunter well, however, know that he can in fact be one of the most talkative and energy-filled people on the planet (as anyone who has been to one of his concerts would already know). When it comes to battling, Hunter becomes extremely cocky, refusing to accept the fact that he can lose - a result of his childhood proximity to the Pokemon League. Ever Grande City, the home of the Hoenn Region's most powerful trainers, would of course be expected to spew such a creature forth from its depths.

Evidenced by his musical talent, Hunter is an extremely creative being, preferring outlandish solutions to problems rather than more methodical ones. This adds a sense of entertainment, and sometimes impossibility, to every task he performs - as a well-suited example, one incident occured in his childhood where rather than find an extension power lead for his guitar amp, he decided to daisy-chain twelve multi-socket powerboards together. The end result nearly burned his house down, but in Hunter's eyes, it was all in good fun.

History:
From the beginning, Hunter has been a born-and-raised winner. His fighting spirit was clearly inherited from his mother's father, Drake of the Hoenn League, as his father would have preferred to have kept the boy home and forced him to study mathematics. In any case, genetic adrenaline is one of the biggest determining factors in every decision Hunter has ever made.

Since he could move his arms, it had been obvious that Hunter was destined for a role in the music industry, perhaps one of the only things that himself and his father actually agreed on. Moving on from clapping his hands and waving his arms about, Hunter eventually scored his first drumkit, and showed great prowess even with only 4 years under his belt. From there, he began taking guitar, piano, vocal and musical theory classes, as well as having opportunities to play around with electronic equipment in Lilycove's music store every time his family made the trip across to the mainland.

Hunter's 10th birthday was to be his most eventful one, and not necessarily in a good way. Months of his parents arguing had escalated into all-out screaming matches, during which Hunter would crawl under his bed sheets and sob. From what he gathered, it was something to do with Drake treating Hunter like he was destined to be a Pokemon Trainer, Hunter's mother defending Drake's opinion, while his father opposed it. Most of these arguments were along the lines of "he's my son, and he will do as he's told!"
Which was usually met with a response of "he's my son too, and you need to let him decide what he wants". It just so happened that on Hunter's anniversary of having spent 10 years on the planet, Drake appeared at his front door. Hunter loved this man - there was an air of mystery and power about him, and the fact that he only had one leg was simply astounding. "I've got a surprise for you, kid. Follow me." And so Hunter did.

The "surprise" was something Hunter had never even considered before - something most other kids his age were itching to do. It was his first Pokemon; a Trapinch. He had stared at the Pokeball in his hand with pure bewilderment, not sure whether to be afraid of the toothy creature contained within it or to be pleased for having made a new friend. His emotions must have been evident in his face, because Drake simply ruffled up his grandson's hair and strolled off. That day was the beginning of a true friendship.

Not long after this, Hunter's parents split. It was a long story full of tears, but Hunter was at least happy that there was no more fighting. His Trapinch, which he had named Quetzal (simply because it "sounded cool") would keep him company, at any rate.

7 years passed, during which Hunter accomplished many things. His musical career had been built in concrete, and he was now signed to a major record label, well-known to millions of people. Being a musical prodigy, it was not rare that he would play to crowds 10,000 strong. Hunter also developed his career as a Pokemon Trainer to great effect; he was 17 and had already taken care of all eight Hoenn League gyms, and evolved his Quetzal into a Vibrava. It was also around this time that his father passed away after a heart attack; Hunter refused to dwell on the past, accepting that his father would have been proud of him, and from this moment onward, he kept the white scarf that was his dad's as a memento.

The Pokemon League was no match for Hunter. Quetzal was a Flygon by the time they reached the end of Victory Road. Drake, while old, was still the League's final barrier before the Champion, and spared no resource on attempting to take Hunter down. In the end, though, the grandson prevailed, and rather than a "congratulations", received a ruffling hand on his head.

In the year since then, Hunter has travelled to many regions, playing music to fans and challenging other Trainers as he sees fit. A mysterious letter eventually made its way to him, sent by a "Roman Abramavic", asking for his help in a strange excavation of artifacts. Or, something to that effect. Hunter didn't really read the letter; all he saw was the amount of zeros in the sum Abramavic was offering. Cha-ching!

Pokemon:
330.png

Quetzal (Flygon)
Male
Quetzal is Hunter's oldest friend, and shares an identical personality with his Trainer. Headstrong and reckless in the heat of battle, Quetzal is also an energetic, caring Pokemon, never allowing other Trainers to mess with his closest friend.
Moveset: Dragon Claw, Sandstorm, Flamethrower, Earthquake

295.png

Sonis (Exploud)
Male
Reflective of Hunter's musical prowess, Sonis was the second Pokemon the Trainer obtained. It was captured as a particularly noisy Whismur, and grew with the rest of Hunter's team as he travelled the Hoenn Region. Sonis is a lazy, short-tempered Pokemon, with a natural sense of leadership when the need arises.
Moveset: Hyper Voice, Crunch, Supersonic, Stomp

375.png

Rokit (Metang)
Genderless
Rokit was gifted to Hunter on his 13th birthday by Steven Stone, as he had a close friendship with Drake. Rokit is more-or-less the blissfully ignorant member of Hunter's team. It is constantly happy, seeming to ignore any and all conflict around it. The Pokemon doesn't know its own strength, apparently retaining its personality from when it was a Beldum (which has ended in many a rib-crushing hug for Hunter). Rokit dislikes fighting, and instead has a passion for making its master's life as easy as possible. Hunter always found this strange, since he had heard that Metang were supposed to be incredibly smart creatures, and instead he's been landed with the runt.
Moveset: Psychic, Metal Claw, Flash Cannon, Bullet Punch (Metang can't learn Metal Sound? What trickery is this?)

344.png

Strobe (Claydol)
Genderless
The enigma of Hunter's group. Strobe helped Hunter find his way out of the desert in Route 111 of Hoenn by emitting bright lights from its eyes and acting like a beacon. It then forced itself into a Pokeball and gave Hunter the rights of ownership to itself. Hunter knows almost nothing about this Pokemon, beyond the fact that its attacks can be devastating. For some reason, however, Hunter has never actually been able to command it to do anything.
Moveset: Hyper Beam, unknown, unknown, unknown

359.png

Tao (Absol)
Female
Tao was the final addition to Hunter's team, and proved to be the most difficult to obtain. As Absol only appear to humans in the event of a disaster, before Hunter's father had his fatal cardiac arrest, this Pokemon began following Hunter from a distance. Eventually, the Trainer took notice, and decided such a Pokemon would be a good addition to his team. The ensuing battle resulted in Hunter earning another powerful party member; the proud, short-tempered Absol that is Tao.
Moveset: Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt

RP Sample:
(Never actually been part of a roleplay on the forums, but here's a section of a roleplay I was intending to start myself.)
Spoiler:

Whew, finally got it done. Time to get reading!

Last edited:

Oranje

Go Arsenal
Years
Manganum: Really good sign up. I can't believed you produced a sign-up that quick of such quality. I really wish I was as good as you at producing such a deep character in such speed. Anyways I really enjoyed reading it and you are no doubt accepted and I really look forward to your first post. ACCEPTED!!!

Manganum

Your local sine wave
Years
Manganum: Really good sign up. I can't believed you produced a sign-up that quick of such quality. I really wish I was as good as you at producing such a deep character in such speed. Anyways I really enjoyed reading it and you are no doubt accepted and I really look forward to your first post. ACCEPTED!!!

Thanks! It was sorta the only thing I had to do for a couple of hours, so I figured, better to do it all in one go. Really glad to be a part of this! Introductory post should be up in a minute.

Oranje

Go Arsenal
Years
My second post should be up later today. If anyone hasn't posted yet I would try and get it up as soon as possible.

Searn

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
Hooray! Everyone's still active after the the first post! (not TOO hard to do...) Anyway, sorry about skipping some of the preparations and such in my post, was running out of space and wanted to keep it a bit shorter.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I think this roleplays going to go a little to slow for my liking.. I'm going to pull out,my apologies.

Back