• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
This may seem like a very simple/stupid question, but how can I prevent this from happening? I'm guessing it has something to do with conflicting tilesets between two maps?

Glitchy.jpg

You're correct. I'm positive that if you look closely all of the tiles that are screwed up are part of the secondary tileset of the other map.

To counteract this, you will have to remap the area, so that there are no secondary tiles within the viewing range of the connection. If that isn't possible, you can place a guardhouse between the town and route just like Saffron City and its surrounding areas.

Last edited:

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
can i use dive in pokemon fire red/leaf green and if so can i warp from land to under water like in pokemon ruby/saphire?

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2011
Is there a way to edit a trainer's Pokemon or make your own trainer? I simply want to hack an already hacked Pokemon game by adding my own character for my friend to battle so that in a way he can have a battle with my "trainer" in a sense in the game. I'd simply send the hack to him and have him rename and/or copy his save file so that he can load it under my new hack so that he can walk up to a person I place on the map or reuse an existing trainer so he initiates the battle and it's his pokemon, against my current team with a COMPUTER trainer.

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
So I followed a different tutorial on inserting Pokemon sprites.. And I changed Bulbasaur again. Now every single time I go and press A in front of one of Professor Oak's Pokeballs, the game restarts! ;A;
Gah, this is so frustrating.
Any way to fix this?

Years
So I followed a different tutorial on inserting Pokemon sprites.. And I changed Bulbasaur again. Now every single time I go and press A in front of one of Professor Oak's Pokeballs, the game restarts! ;A;
Gah, this is so frustrating.
Any way to fix this?

I had this problem too. The only option is to restart from a backup as far as I know, or just make sure Bulbasaur never appears and change it into another Pokémon that will be replaced with the Pokémon you want Bulbasaur to be replaced with.

Yasushi Toshio

what is better for a hack, starting of by being in a organisation or start as a normal kid that joins the organisation shortly after you begin playing the game?

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
what is better for a hack, starting of by being in a organisation or start as a normal kid that joins the organisation shortly after you begin playing the game?
i like when he joins cuz you will be able to add more story to it (in my oppinion)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

Neither is better than the other.
It's all up to the hacker.
If you can work in a good story while starting out in an organization, good.
If you can work in a good story while starting out as a kid who joins an organization, also good.

It's up to you.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Quick question, how do you use the removesprite command from outside a map? For example, I want the player to leave a building with a person in it, go talk to someone, then come back and that person is gone.

Also, if anyone knows what the command for the "Sevi Island Boat" cutscene, I'd be grateful for it.

Thanks

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Quick question, how do you use the removesprite command from outside a map? For example, I want the player to leave a building with a person in it, go talk to someone, then come back and that person is gone.

In the person ID for the sprite, put in an unused flag # (like 900). In the script where you talk to someone, just put setflag 0x900. The sprite should be hidden next time you enter the building. You can make the sprite appear again at any time with clearflag 0x900.

Years
I'm new to hacking and the tools seem restrictive...

How do I create a new event in a firered, like say a pokeball with a pokemon inside at a random place, like that Eevve at Celadon or adding a pokemon sprite somehere to battle, like the legendary birds or mewtwo in that cave..

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
In the person ID for the sprite, put in an unused flag # (like 900). In the script where you talk to someone, just put setflag 0x900. The sprite should be hidden next time you enter the building. You can make the sprite appear again at any time with clearflag 0x900.

Ahhh, hehe I never would have figured that out.

Thanks so much again for your help :)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
How do I create a new event in a firered, like say a pokeball with a pokemon inside at a random place, like that Eevve at Celadon or adding a pokemon sprite somehere to battle, like the legendary birds or mewtwo in that cave..

Scripting is your friend.

Head over to the Toolbox section of the forums, and find HackMew's Toolbox.
Get XSE, and open it.
Press F2, READ.
READ IT ALL.
You'll thank me later.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2011
Advance-Text screwing up on my ROMs

Hey guys, revived account,and what I *think* is my first post. Anyway, onto topic.

I'm making a game hack of Fire Red. But, no matter how many times I open up FireRed Roms (different ones) in Advance-Text, it doesn't load the text items, and when I enter text and save, the program freezes. Anybody know what's up with that?
Fetts!

Years
Hey guys, revived account,and what I *think* is my first post. Anyway, onto topic.

I'm making a game hack of Fire Red. But, no matter how many times I open up FireRed Roms (different ones) in Advance-Text, it doesn't load the text items, and when I enter text and save, the program freezes. Anybody know what's up with that?
Fetts!

You could always change text with other tools. Almost all text can be edited using a script editor, and if you want to change the name of the items, you could use the Item Editor.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Hi, done an extensive search of the thread using the search feature but haven't found another incident of the problem I'm having. Note I'm not trying to make any super awesome hack (I barely understand how scripting works... barely), I'm just playing around with map editing a bit to get a feel for it.

I wanted Route 1 to connect to Route 3. I got the right of route 3 to connect to the left of route 1. This seemed to work swell. There is a problem.

While the transition between route 1 and route 3 goes smoothly, going back the way I came causes the game to completely freeze. The point where it freezes is the point where the two maps meet. So I thought "maybe I forgot to set the connection on both maps, maybe I only did it on one of them" but nope. Both maps are connected to each other!

The only part of this game I have edited are 1) Pallet Town scenery, 2) Route 1 scenery, 3) deleted connections between Route 1 and Viridian City on both maps, 4) added connections between Route 1 left and Route 3 right on both maps, 5) Route 3 scenery, 6) edited one NPC so it says a slightly shorter message than it did before (which works fine as far as I can tell).

Everything works as I planned, except going a second time through map connections that have been edited, game just totally freezes on the second passing. If I pass back through from Route 1 to Pallet Town, however, it works just fine, I assume because it isn't edited.

What could be the cause of this possibly, and is there a way to fix it?

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
Did you go to route 3 in advancemap and make the connection back to route 1? Sounds like it's a one way street to me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
So I thought "maybe I forgot to set the connection on both maps, maybe I only did it on one of them" but nope. Both maps are connected to each other!

Did you go to route 3 in advancemap and make the connection back to route 1? Sounds like it's a one way street to me.

As you can see, I had already thought of this and double checked. Both maps have the connection towards each other, not just one of them.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hi, done an extensive search of the thread using the search feature but haven't found another incident of the problem I'm having. Note I'm not trying to make any super awesome hack (I barely understand how scripting works... barely), I'm just playing around with map editing a bit to get a feel for it.

I wanted Route 1 to connect to Route 3. I got the right of route 3 to connect to the left of route 1. This seemed to work swell. There is a problem.

While the transition between route 1 and route 3 goes smoothly, going back the way I came causes the game to completely freeze. The point where it freezes is the point where the two maps meet. So I thought "maybe I forgot to set the connection on both maps, maybe I only did it on one of them" but nope. Both maps are connected to each other!

The only part of this game I have edited are 1) Pallet Town scenery, 2) Route 1 scenery, 3) deleted connections between Route 1 and Viridian City on both maps, 4) added connections between Route 1 left and Route 3 right on both maps, 5) Route 3 scenery, 6) edited one NPC so it says a slightly shorter message than it did before (which works fine as far as I can tell).

Everything works as I planned, except going a second time through map connections that have been edited, game just totally freezes on the second passing. If I pass back through from Route 1 to Pallet Town, however, it works just fine, I assume because it isn't edited.

What could be the cause of this possibly, and is there a way to fix it?

In the map connection editor there is a a box that is titled 'Offset'. It determines how far up/ down the connection is to the other map (e.g if you have an offset of 2, the connecting map will shift down by two spaces) so I think that this is what is happenning. Make one connection offset the equal of the other and then make it negative; this will allow you to travel back and forth between the maps without any worry.

You will have to either to some calculations or trial and error to see what values you should put in the offset, but always remember that one has to be the negative of the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back