• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Username: ShadowGreninja

Game: Pokemon SoulSilver

Pokemon that got away:

Spoiler:

Parameters: I prefer not to use any of the same type (unless its a dual type, one of the types may be the same but the other must be different), and they must be available in SoulSilver before the 7th gym leader.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years

Pokemon that got away:

Spoiler:

Parameters: I prefer not to use any of the same type (unless its a dual type, one of the types may be the same but the other must be different), and they must be available in SoulSilver before the 7th gym leader.
You need to give Derek_S a team.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
@Dereck_S
Your team is: Butterfree, Cloyster, Ninetales
Have fun!!:)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years

Pokemon that got away:

Spoiler:

Nidoking
Flareon
Lapras
Togekiss
Heracross
Girafarig

Enjoy!

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2019
I did this a while ago but let's go for it again.

Game: Pokemon Diamond
The Ones that Got Away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: No 2 Pokémon of the same type, a Fly user and a Surf user... and that's it :) also I have the means to hack in any Pokémon I want at a low level so go nuts.

bilzandpap

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2019
blizandpap you get
Alakazam
Gengar
Hippowdon
Swellow
Poliwrath
Scizor

Thanks, I'll hack the ROM so that they all appear before the first Gym (and so that Haunter, Kadabra, and Scyther can evolve without trading) and then I'll get started!

UPDATE:
Spoiler:

Here's my team, right after Roark: http://imgh.us/2014-01-05_13.21.34.png

Last edited:

Tek

Years
Oh look, a great challenge for my next Unova run! I'll be doing the 'expert mode', no hacks of any sort.

Game: White Version
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters:

1 - two to four pokemon

2 - balanced stat distribution/team roles across the party; in other words, I don't want a team of all physical sweepers.

3 (optional) - a theme of some sort! Just for fun.

Last edited:
Years
Sorry about missing you! You get Samurott, Krookodile, Audino and Chandelure!
Username: Platinum
Game: Platinum
The Ones That Got Away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: Maximum of 2 of the same type!

Last edited:

Tek

Years
Alright, that's a great team. Good potential for breeding too, I'll be looking to breed thunder fang and fire fang on to Krookidile, and Air Slash on to Samurott. I had to restart my game like six times to get a female Oshawatt lol.

Ok cc_aussie, you get Leafeon, Glaceon, Rapidash, and Clefable. I'm leaving you a couple spots for HM slaves just in case.

Years
Haha! Thanks, YZN. I love that team! And all available in-game so no trading for me. Yay!
I'll get started soon.
EDIT: Actually I only need one HM Slave! Could you assign me one more Pokémon!

Last edited:

Tek

Years
Haha! Thanks, YZN. I love that team! And all available in-game so no trading for me. Yay!
I'll get started soon.
EDIT: Actually I only need one HM Slave! Could you assign me one more Pokémon!

Hm... Ok, add in Sharpedo!

Here's my progress update for today:
Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

bilzandpap

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2019
Years
Name: AoTora
Game: Blaze Black
Parameters: I'd love to have a balanced team with one pokemon per type. I'd also love to have team of 6 pokemon.
Pokemon that got away:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Name: AoTora
Game: Blaze Black
Parameters: I'd love to have a balanced team with one pokemon per type. I'd also love to have team of 6 pokemon.
Pokemon that got away:

Spoiler:

Ok, you get:

Staryu (Starmie?), Hitmontop, Dusclops, Drifblim, Simisage, Hypno

By the way, I have been working on my challenge, but I just haven't had that much time to do this.

P.S. This hasn't been updated for a while. Necrum? U there? O.o

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ok, you get:

By the way, I have been working on my challenge, but I just haven't had that much time to do this.

Yeah, sorry, just been a bit preoccupied. I'll do it soon. Maybe tonight.

Years
Ok, you get:

Thankyou for the team! I will start in probably few days (Want to get rid of some old challenges I've been working on for like forever first)

For the team: I am not big fan of having two ghost types on my team but ohwell.. I like Hitmontop though but Hitmonchan is still my favourite :3 Starmie/Staryu has a cool typing and I like Simisage - I don't like hypno that much ever since I heard it's lullaby so this will be a real challenge for me ... Cannot wait to get started!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Updated OP through Post #279.

I'll have to sign up for a new OTGA soon, as I lost my HeartGold back in November (Which is part of the reason I've been neglecting this thread). I'll be doing it with a bit of a twist though. The plan is to do a run using entirely Water types that I either haven't used or that I firmly believe I will not be using in my proper Ultimate Water Monotype. Should be good for an interesting run since there's so many Water types in Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 16, 2023
Username: Limey12
Game: Emerald
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: Must include shuckle, any types allowed - more than one of each if you are feeling mean. No hm slaves if possible.
Six please.
Challenge mode.

Last edited:

Tek

Years
I have to bow out of this challenge. A friend if mine got a DS and I gave him my Black version to play. Here is my final update.

Spoiler:

Back