• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Um, in english please? *brain rots*

lolwut don't see how you couldn't get that?

We can use this thread to pimp out our future RPs, right? Or at least gauge interest in them? 'Cause I've got one in the works involving Pokemon Gym Leaders teaming up to help root out the cause of a natural disaster. Does that sound interesting enough? (There's a lot more to it, but that's the 'pitch', so to speak.)

Yup, you can use this thread to present your basic ideas to see whether people are interested. :]

Even though that's a very basic explanation of your plot, I'm kind of interested. So basically, you would play gym leaders? Are they existing gym leaders in an existing region or will the leaders be original characters created by the RPers? And I have got a lot more questions, but I guess everything will be revealed once you release the plot. xD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Yup, you can use this thread to present your basic ideas to see whether people are interested. :]

Even though that's a very basic explanation of your plot, I'm kind of interested. So basically, you would play gym leaders? Are they existing gym leaders in an existing region or will the leaders be original characters created by the RPers? And I have got a lot more questions, but I guess everything will be revealed once you release the plot. xD
It's a new region, so the Gym Leaders will be original characters created by the RPers. I've worked out the plot - and it's quite dense, if I do say so myself - but don't want to shoot my proverbial wad by giving too much away now. Suffice to say that the byline I gave is only the tip of the iceberg.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
*Clears her throat* Ahem! I'd just like to take a moment to introduce one of our newest RPC denizens to you all. I've recently adopted RealMrFaceMan, and am helping him out by introducing him and showing him around the board. He's my first adoption so far. c: (Hopefully the first of many.) He's also new to the forum in general.

RealMrFaceMan has been playing Dungeons & Dragons for quite a while now, and has some past experience with roleplay to boot, so I hope you'll all show him that kindness I generally love about the RPC~ Or so help me I'll..! From what I gather, he likes RPs with somewhat dark themes.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
RealMrFaceMan-It's nice to meet you! I hope you enjoy the RPC as much as everyone else. If you want, you can check the accepted threads section & see what new RPs are out. :) Hope this is helpful.

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015

Hey, the third one sounds like the Lords of the Flies RP you had brought up a few months ago!

Still really interested in that kind of RP, always love a good RP based around the concept of survival. The other ideas are good too, but the third one is the best imo.

I like idea 2. It'd be like normal everyday life. & an RP with all regions, one at a time, who wouldn't wanna try that? :D I'd join that anytime!

Wow I would be really interested in idea 2 or 3 i would sign up for anyone of those. It's always nice to have rps that offer you freedom.

@WestSideConnection- idea 2 and 3 sounds nice :3 i think i would join those kinds of RP's~

Thank you for your selections, and those others who supplied opinions. However, upon reaching a conclusion, I am going to pick idea 3. It seems more do-able, easier to build and would only require one GM (me,derp). Anyways, upon elaborating on it, I have made some decisions.

Stuff about RP:

• The RP would be placed on a island, traditional plane wreck, only survivors, only have the wrecked plane and whats on your back and in your pockets. (You were just on a plane so nothing crazy)
  • The RP would be M/PG-17 rated
  • The RP would have a goal, a plot and many twists (Keeping in guidelines)
  • Probably wouldn't accept too many RP'ers, There isn't always a lot of survivors of a plane crash, and that once the RP starts, no more entries (Logicstics, how many planes are going to crash on one small, isolated tropical island anyway)
  • Would have systems to maintain food,water,sleep (Like, how many posts since eating, not sure on that)
  • Yes DeepImpact, like Lord of the Flies, although I'm questionable about letting rocks being dropped on RP'ers heads.
  • Would be quite "realistic" to add effect of having to survive on a island.

So stoked since I figured out how to make those formatting lines :)

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Thank you for your selections, and those others who supplied opinions. However, upon reaching a conclusion, I am going to pick idea 3. It seems more do-able, easier to build and would only require one GM (me,derp). Anyways, upon elaborating on it, I have made some decisions.

Stuff about RP:

• The RP would be placed on a island, traditional plane wreck, only survivors, only have the wrecked plane and whats on your back and in your pockets. (You were just on a plane so nothing crazy)
  • The RP would be M/PG-17 rated
  • The RP would have a goal, a plot and many twists (Keeping in guidelines)
  • Probably wouldn't accept too many RP'ers, There isn't always a lot of survivors of a plane crash, and that once the RP starts, no more entries (Logicstics, how many planes are going to crash on one small, isolated tropical island anyway)
  • Would have systems to maintain food,water,sleep (Like, how many posts since eating, not sure on that)
  • Yes DeepImpact, like Lord of the Flies, although I'm questionable about letting rocks being dropped on RP'ers heads.
  • Would be quite "realistic" to add effect of having to survive on a island.

So stoked since I figured out how to make those formatting lines :)

Sigh... I was really hoping for idea 2. So much for joining a new RP to my taste...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
EDIT: nvm it's not worth it.

BUT, SPEAKING OF ROLEPLAYING INSTEAD~!

@ Westside - that looks cool. If you come up with game mechanics to not let people abuse / use each other unfairly, it could probably become a good RP.

@ RealMrFaceMan - Welcome to the RP Corner! Since you've got a mentor, I guess you won't need us to give you handy links and stuff here so I'll just say that I hope you'll fit right in here and have a really good time :3

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I'm thinking of leaving PC. I don't feel so appreciated with how I'm always told how to get help, it's impossible for me to control how I feel. If I can't do anything right, what's the point in being here...

Stop... just stop. Please. You're free to do what you want, but, please don't spoil the atmosphere for the newer RPers who visit his thread.

@Westside: Sounds cool, bro! :D Looking forward to that RP, I just hope the mechanics aren't going to be too confusing ^_^

@Mr Cat Dog: Gaaaah your idea is pretty good too. I'm interested... but there are too many good ideas nowadays D: I probably won't have the time to join... but I guess I could give it a shot.

Also, Welcome to the RP Corner RealMrFaceMan! This is a really friendly place, you'll definitely have a good time here :D

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Guys, just please... Stop whining. This is a RP discussion, not somewhere for you to mope when you're not getting any attention / things don't go the way you want them to. If you need to vent, don't do it here; it's starting to get very irritating.

Anyone has any problems with what I just wrote or the tone in which it comes across, good for you. I will ignore anything said in response on the basis that my intention here is not to cause drama.

... 8D

I'm going to be busy over the next 10 days, so I'm sticking to the role plays I'm currently signed up for. Good luck with your ideas though (and welcome to the new members; I'm terrible at greeting people).

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@WestsideConnection That sounds pretty good. Just a sandbox survival RP with a very straightforward goal, survive. I like it!

@RealMrFaceMan Welcome to the most awesome place on PC! Having Yellow as your mentor is going to be super special awesome for you!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
*stays quiet*

I'm thinking of making a new RP. What kind of RP sparks your taste right now?

Carefully planned out pokémon journey RPs with an interesting background plot but lots of freedom, they always spark my interest.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
I've always had a thing for sci-fi/ fantasy role plays, I mean, that's what every assignment I've done for uni has been, pretty much. I prefer playing human characters to Pokémon. (Though I'm playing an Argonian in the Elder Scrolls RP, so I guess that I just prefer characters who can participate in dialogue beyond repeating their name? I makes sense in my head.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back