• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm gunna say...download event like what happened with Mewtwo XD.

At least this way we'll be expecting a little bit of possible let down.

@Syddy I doubt he'll go on to talk about a game that isn't his.

This time i think it's something different because they had enough events in Japan for the last time. (e.g. Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Recital Piplup...)

I hope Masuda will give us more hints soon, if there's something special to present at the show.

It's best to wait now.

blue

gucci
Years
I was thinking that at first but we already know about PMD so I doubt he would go on, make a personal appearance and just talk about a game we already know about which was revealed by Corocoro.
It could be a movie event but the fact that it's Masuda makes me think otherwise.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They had a good bit going on when Mewtwo was revealed too.

I think all of their events are pretty much over and there is a holiday coming up, dunno if its recognized in Japan, but they do have a C-gear Skin for Halloween.

Like I said. Best to prepare for the worse and not get our hopes up too high.

He could even showcase Harmo Knights too. I don't think it got a lot of publicity yet.

blue

gucci
Years
True, I've learnt from previous experiences that Nintendo do tend to get our hopes up for no big deal on several occasions so I'll just keep an open mind for now.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I honestly do believe it could be for the remakes. But on a side point , is it true that there are Aqua and Magma grunts in BW2?

blue

gucci
Years
I honestly do believe it could be for the remakes. But on a side point , is it true that there are Aqua and Magma grunts in BW2?

There's always the possibility and I think I remember reading that there is a retired Team Aqua grunt in a house in one of the cities but you can't battle him.

Years
They had a good bit going on when Mewtwo was revealed too.

I think all of their events are pretty much over and there is a holiday coming up, dunno if its recognized in Japan, but they do have a C-gear Skin for Halloween.

Like I said. Best to prepare for the worse and not get our hopes up too high.

He could even showcase Harmo Knights too. I don't think it got a lot of publicity yet.

I think you're right, but Masuda won't present Harmo Knight, because it's to old and not enough related with Pokemon.

Last time Masuda posted on the 2nd February that they recorded Smash! and he will have an appearance there.
The show aired on the 26th February, so it tooks around 24 days since his first hint.

This time he posted on the 13th September about his apperance there, so I think the show will air on the first or second week of October.

Also two days before Black 2 and White 2 were annouced, he posted on his blog about a big annoucement there.

I think that he will post there again, if he there's an important annoucement.

Last edited:
Years
Yes, they replace the Rocket grunt from BW. So it means nothing in regard to this topic.

Well it could easily be a hint towards potential remakes. I mean the Rocket grunt was there because they wanted to show the player that he was from Unova, and it was a fun little reference. The fact that he was replaced by Team Aqua/Magma grunts who were married is... well, it's SOMETHING (I'm not sure if they're actually married or whatever, but that's what I'd read somewhere).

I'm hopeful that there will be remakes, although I'm curious as to how they could be executed. For one thing, B2W2 have pushed the timeline along another two years, and the general consensus is that about 5 years (give or take) passed between the 4th gen games and the 5th gen games. Which would mean that B2W2 took place about 7ish years after RSE/FRLG (which are believed to take place in the same timeline).
B2W2 spoiler coming here, so be careful!
Spoiler:

So with that in mind, while there have been hints towards remakes, there are a few things going against it too, which is a little disheartening. Perhaps they're just going to just go nuts and bring them out for 3DS or something, rather than including them within this Generation.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Well it could easily be a hint towards potential remakes. I mean the Rocket grunt was there because they wanted to show the player that he was from Unova, and it was a fun little reference. The fact that he was replaced by Team Aqua/Magma grunts who were married is... well, it's SOMETHING (I'm not sure if they're actually married or whatever, but that's what I'd read somewhere).

I'm hopeful that there will be remakes, although I'm curious as to how they could be executed. For one thing, B2W2 have pushed the timeline along another two years, and the general consensus is that about 5 years (give or take) passed between the 4th gen games and the 5th gen games. Which would mean that B2W2 took place about 7ish years after RSE/FRLG (which are believed to take place in the same timeline).
B2W2 spoiler coming here, so be careful!
Spoiler:

So with that in mind, while there have been hints towards remakes, there are a few things going against it too, which is a little disheartening. Perhaps they're just going to just go nuts and bring them out for 3DS or something, rather than including them within this Generation.

Its as much of a hint to RS remakes as it is to RBY remakes... I mean if it was Magma/Aqua grunts in BW and then changed to Rocket grunt in BW2, someone would say that its a hint for RS remakes because they were taken out.

Also that's barely a spoiler, since the world tournament is in the trailers already..
Not sure where you were going with timelines, but as far as the tournament goes, you can be 100% sure the people appearing in it are not canon. Its just a postgame extra feature, not part of the story, otherwise as you say they would all look different/older, since with Caitlin does.

And again, there is simply no way for whatever next game to be "included in this generation". As there is an unavoidable handheld change to happen with whatever follows.

Back to the hints-topic:
There have been as many RS hints as for any other game or generation. There is always references between the games and reoccurring people and all sorts of things. There have never been "omg undeniable hint for upcoming game" in any games. Unless you count self-explanatory inclusions of third mascots in initial duo of games as hint?.....

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Its as much of a hint to RS remakes as it is to RBY remakes... I mean if it was Magma/Aqua grunts in BW and then changed to Rocket grunt in BW2, someone would say that its a hint for RS remakes because they were taken out.

Also that's barely a spoiler, since the world tournament is in the trailers already..
Not sure where you were going with timelines, but as far as the tournament goes, you can be 100% sure the people appearing in it are not canon. Its just a postgame extra feature, not part of the story, otherwise as you say they would all look different/older, since with Caitlin does.

And again, there is simply no way for whatever next game to be "included in this generation". As there is an unavoidable handheld change to happen with whatever follows.

Back to the hints-topic:
There have been as many RS hints as for any other game or generation. There is always references between the games and reoccurring people and all sorts of things. There have never been "omg undeniable hint for upcoming game" in any games. Unless you count self-explanatory inclusions of third mascots in initial duo of games as hint?.....

My friend it's not like Nintendo would start development on R/S remakes two days before they announce it. So development could of started early 2012 or late 2011 when the DS was less dead. Besides I believe Nintendo plan things before they do it. R/S remakes for the DS could be part of the plan. It may not make sense to you but then again your not the creator of the second most popular media franchise in the world( video game wise)
But again I could be wrong. I have no facts to back up my arguments

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Definitely not going to get my hopes up about Masuda being on Smash. Obviously it's Gamefreak game related, but like someone else said... didn't he appear on Smash to reveal the Mewtwo WIFI thing one time? If its gonna be game related he'll definitely mention it at least a few days before it airs and I'm guessing it'll air in the 2nd week of October judging by when it was taped. They usually air just under a month after they were taped.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Definitely not going to get my hopes up about Masuda being on Smash. Obviously it's Gamefreak game related, but like someone else said... didn't he appear on Smash to reveal the Mewtwo WIFI thing one time? If its gonna be game related he'll definitely mention it at least a few days before it airs and I'm guessing it'll air in the 2nd week of October judging by when it was taped. They usually air just under a month after they were taped.

Yeah I'm with you I would tend to agree because I'm thinking if the games do come out in 2013 I think they might follow a similar pattern that black and white 2 did so maybe announced February and release June with a October release for the US

blue

gucci
Years
If he were announcing them now then that would mean a release date some time in February since it's usually four months later when the release happens which doesn't seem right and too close to B2W2.

blue

gucci
Years
Actually, its usually 5-6 months. They announced B/W2 a month or so later than they usually do.

HGSS was announced in May and released in September which is 4 months, I'm not sure about any other games but I think it could be anywhere between 4-6 months but regardless, I think it's too early for remakes.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
HGSS was announced in May and released in September which is 4 months, I'm not sure about any other games but I think it could be anywhere between 4-6 months but regardless, I think it's too early for remakes.

Idk let's say its announced in October and released in march that would us 9 months since BW 2 was released. It's only 3 months sooner than a year so it's not to soon. Also his announcement could be that there is gonna be a special announcement soon lol

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
My friend it's not like Nintendo would start development on R/S remakes two days before they announce it. So development could of started early 2012 or late 2011 when the DS was less dead. Besides I believe Nintendo plan things before they do it.

Obviously! Duh.

But look, choosing to do BW on DS instead of a bit later for the 3DS, that was this choice we are talking about. BW2 were then made for DS too for all the self-explanatory reasons.
Surely they have been working on new games in the later stages of the above games already. But not doing even these on 3DS would be really pushing it.
Its way overdue now and probably wouldnt even have been a question, especially if they started working on it post BW.

3 sets of games on a handheld that has a successor out... nope, it makes no sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back