• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
Years
Mhrr then do Mew,
Celebi for 3k
Jirachi for 4.5k
Manaphy for 6k
And Victini for 7.5k ^_^

As or EV, I never really done it and never had major problems

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I'm alive

I have a ton of challenges to catch up on due to my absence... ;_; And I seriously want to finish my 151 solos. *determination*

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Good luck on the solo challenges, is it a contest between you and myrrhman to see who wins first? I've always wanted to do all the monotypes for each generation but that is far away. I've done about 6 :)

Enigma

Years
I believe I started the whole 151 solo thing first, but it's not a race. I think myrrhman is only doing the fully evolved pokemon, while I'm doing all 151, even the not fully evolved ones. x3

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I believe I started the whole 151 solo thing first, but it's not a race. I think myrrhman is only doing the fully evolved pokemon, while I'm doing all 151, even the not fully evolved ones. x3
Yep, Inferno's right. I've done all the monotypes for RBY, GSC, and RSE, as well as about half of DPPt, and now I'm moving on to Solos. But, I play at 5000% speed, so I can't really do the unevolved ones, because I would forget to hit the B button SO many times. Also I don't really see what the big difference between doing a Bulbasaur solo and an Ivysaur solo is. Especially if you do Bulbasaur first, because they learn the same moves and everything, its just that Ivysaur's better. So why bother?

I did Starmie and Lapras solos (they're two of my favorite RBY Pokemon) a long time ago, and now I'm going back and finishing all the rest. I'm going in order and I'm on Venomoth (I'm pretty sure that's where I am). I think that's like 21 or something. Its in my sig.

Enigma

Years
Yep, Inferno's right. I've done all the monotypes for RBY, GSC, and RSE, as well as about half of DPPt, and now I'm moving on to Solos. But, I play at 5000% speed, so I can't really do the unevolved ones, because I would forget to hit the B button SO many times. Also I don't really see what the big difference between doing a Bulbasaur solo and an Ivysaur solo is. Especially if you do Bulbasaur first, because they learn the same moves and everything, its just that Ivysaur's better. So why bother?

I was thinking about only doing the fully evolved ones, but I'm a completionist, so it would bother me if I didn't do all of them. I think I'll run through the Christmas challenge, then start some solos again.

XxTOOLxX

The Playboy
Years
Ok so I have a challenge idea and I've done lots of research in the challenges forums and some on here to make sure that it hasn't already been done, and I will be able to participate in the challenge I just would like some feedback for some constructive criticism and such before I submit it. Ok so what I want to do is make a challenge where you can pick your entire team (it can be themed, favorites, or whatever peaks your interest.), and if you want you can make it so the person after you picks two of your Pokemon for added difficulty (most likely using the random Pokemon generator used in another challenge). You would be able to hack them in at low levels or trade an egg to your game or rom for the challenge. (just make sure you have at least three of them before you finish you're first gym battle.) After every two gym leaders you defeat you must release your highest level Pokemon and you may not catch him/her again (this is the main part of the challenge and has slight similarities with the N's challenge, Nuzcloke challenge, and the Pokebros Challenge.) This will mean if you want to grind your Pokemon you better hope that your either grinding all your Pokemon or that it is a Pokemon you don't mind losing. I have more to it to make it more lenient or more challenging, but for it being just an idea (that (after some polishing) I hope to submit/request to make a challenge) this message is becoming very long, and as bad of a habit as I make of making long messages I hate it >.<... Soooo if anyone ends up taking this idea and submitting it before I get a chance to then I want partial credit for the idea... nothing big just saying that "a loser helped in the making of this challenge"... literally I don't even request you put my name just saying that is enough lol xP... and ummm I've done a great deal of looking over past challenges and such, but if it is to much like other challenges posted already then I'm sorry.

11wildy

Me!
Years
So basically, you get to chose 6 pokemon and the user posting next gives you 2 more. Meaning you have 8 pokemon to train, which is imo a lot, especially in the beginning. Apart from that, I like the idea. You might just have to release a pokemon you need, making things interesting. After those 8 gyms you'd have 4 pokemon left, you could make an optional rule of not using the highest leveled pokemon after 2 of the elite four too, making you end up with 2 pokemon for the champion. Or a team could consist of 6 in total and make you have 2 left for the whole Elite four. Although I think it's not the greatest idea to pick 6 pokemon yourself and let somebody else pick 2 other, I probably would like to pick all pokemon myself.

Yeah, just what I'm thinking about it :)

XxTOOLxX

The Playboy
Years
So basically, you get to chose 6 pokemon and the user posting next gives you 2 more. Meaning you have 8 pokemon to train, which is imo a lot, especially in the beginning. Apart from that, I like the idea. You might just have to release a pokemon you need, making things interesting. After those 8 gyms you'd have 4 pokemon left, you could make an optional rule of not using the highest leveled pokemon after 2 of the elite four too, making you end up with 2 pokemon for the champion. Or a team could consist of 6 in total and make you have 2 left for the whole Elite four. Although I think it's not the greatest idea to pick 6 pokemon yourself and let somebody else pick 2 other, I probably would like to pick all pokemon myself.

Yeah, just what I'm thinking about it :)

0.0... No that isn't exactly what I meant... It was an optional requirement: For people who wanted it to be a little more difficult they could decide to just pick 4 pokemon and then they could ask for the people after them to randomly pick the other two... That would be optional not mandatory =)... But thanks for the feedback, and I like your idea of making sure they don't use their strongest for the last of the elite four... I was thinking of making another optional (not mandatory) rule for those who want to make it so when they go into a rival/gym match they must use their lowest level Pokemon (and if it dies go to the second lowest level Pokemon)... But yea you would be allowed to pick all the pokemon yourself if you want that would just be for those who want for some of the people who would like to have a chance at making the challenge harder for themselves lol xP... But seriously though thanks for the feedback =)

11wildy

Me!
Years
Well yeah, that seems okay, though I don't think you should do the rule yuo have to send out the lowest leveled first, since I don't think that would be fun. I think you should ask Sydian for approval of the challenge and then make a thread for it? :D And you're welcome for the feedback :)

XxTOOLxX

The Playboy
Years
Well yeah, that seems okay, though I don't think you should do the rule yuo have to send out the lowest leveled first, since I don't think that would be fun. I think you should ask Sydian for approval of the challenge and then make a thread for it? :D And you're welcome for the feedback :)

Well that to was going to be an optional rule to for those who would want an extra challenge, because some people really aren't challenged enough by like 90% of these challenges so I want to give people the option to really test themselves if they feel they want to, and in regard to your last statement uhhh... Yea I asked for Sydian's feedback real quick and then after that I'm going to polish it up real quick and then send it in. =)

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
So yeah guys I'm back for my Summer Break (until Feb.) so how've y'all been? I'd like to say hello to all the people who joined after my vanishing.

I've been a frequent user of the Nuzlocke Forums, so I've been doing a plethora of Nuzlockes, but I'd like to know if there's any new and hip Challenges around the block, 'cause this Swablu needs some CHALLENGES. *shot for old joke*

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No one's used that reference in forever! Also, jsyk, you don't ask me for approval and then post the thread. The thread has to be approved anyway. That's the approval process, lol. Posting ideas in here just gives you general feedback and helps better set up the challenge so that when I do get to check it out for approval, it'll be more likely to go through. I just deleted three challenges waiting on approval, actually. One made no sense, the other wasn't set up very well and would get confusing, and the last wasn't a challenge. It was an LP...and they were like "hopefully this doesn't get locked" lol :( Do people not read that threads here need approval before showing up? Silly!

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
So how are you Syd? Doing any challenges lately? As for myself, I think I might do the Syddy Clause Challenge soon, just figuring out which Region/Game~

Enigma

Years
I've never actually had the opportunity to do the monocolor challenge. If no one else wants to start up a thread for it, I'd be happy to make it. c:

Enigma

Years

I wouldn't really mind doing the thread if you wanted
I mean the idea does sound fun
If you want to do the thread for it, go ahead. :3 I'm not always around to update things, so it'd probably be better if you did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back