• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
Years

I just tested this on PO and it didn't work. Steel types cannot be poisoned no matter what it seems. :P

My triple status skitty is useless then
128978791167920110725-22047-165xlu8.png

:p

Thanks a lot!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm going to kick myself when I get the answer to this, but here goes:

I'm playing Platinum and am at the Valor Lakefront, but can't find the hotel key for the woman locked out of her hotel room. Searching the internet has come up with nothing, so this is my cry for help! :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm going to kick myself when I get the answer to this, but here goes:

I'm playing Platinum and am at the Valor Lakefront, but can't find the hotel key for the woman locked out of her hotel room. Searching the internet has come up with nothing, so this is my cry for help! :D
It's just outside the Lakeside Hotel's back entrance to the right (you need the Dowsing Machine Poketch app to find it).

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
So I'm having a little confusion.

I'm counted that my DRATINI KO'd a mix count of 8 RATATA's and ZUBAT's, both providing a +1SPD EV. For some reason, when DRATINI level'd up it said she acquired +2 STAT points when, by my count, she should of been given +4.

I can only assume two things.

1.) My games broken. (lol)

2.) It's because my DRATINI is of a Sassy Nature (+SDEF/-SPD)

Which leads to my second question, do natures directly effect EV Gains?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I thought EV's didn't apply to Pokemon until they reached Level 100 in Generation 4 games. If they do, then if you only received 8 Speed EVs then yes you'd have a boost of 2 as every 4 EV points you get gives you 1 Stat point.

T!M

Years
She's only level 20 atm, so the level 100 doesn't apply? Wait, what are you saying? That, he'll get his stats bonuses at level 100.

So when he hits level 100, I'll see

ATK + xx&x
DEF + xx&x
and SPD +63

Or something?

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
She's only level 20 atm, so the level 100 doesn't apply? Wait, what are you saying? That, he'll get his stats bonuses at level 100.

So when he hits level 100, I'll see

ATK + xx&x
DEF + xx&x
and SPD +63

Or something?

EV bonuses accumulate gradually, so you don't get all of those stats instantly. If you did, by the time you max out EVs (usually around 50-60 in most poke's) you'd pretty much be able to take on lvl 100s easily. They are there, only you get the stats over time, and you should have all the stats you trained for by the time you reach lvl 100.

That's what I understand abt EVs, correct me if I'm wrong about this :)

Surn

Christian
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
I'm having trouble in Heart Gold transferring Pokemon from Leaf Green (GBA) to the pal park. The option to transfer on the menu screen simply isn't appering.
- I've beaten the elite four
- I've been to Fuchsia city
- I've talked to the guy in the Pal Park
- Both Heart Gold and Leaf Green are in English
- The DS can read the Leaf Green cartridge
- There are 7 Pokemon in the box in Leaf Green
- None of them know HM moves

LloydirvingX

Team Plasma Grunt
Years
[SIZE="a"]I'm afraid you cannot skuntank[/SIZE]

[SIZE="a"]Oh no I looked wrong don't mind the previous message[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
So this would in turn mean, you don't have to get as many EV's before you level up?
To get the full effect, you still need to get as many EVs as possible... it's just that you won't see the full picture until you raise your Dratini to a high enough level. The absolute full-effect will only be seen once it reaches Lv 100, but by the time it evolves into Dragonite (and even Dragonair, to a certain degree) it'll have a much higher Sp. Atk than a non-EV trained Dragonite. Base stats also come into play here a fair bit, and as its Sp. Atk isn't great, then even if you max out the EVs in it, you won't see a big change; Dragonite's Sp. Atk is much larger, so you'll definitely see the effect when it fully evolves.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
One last EV related que-que... When can I tell when all 200 something EV's are used?
Talk to a person in the game (Sunnyshore in DPPt, Blackthorn in HGSS) who gives the effort ribbon to your Pokemon if they have maxed out on EVs.

T!M

Years
I'm a little confused. I was under the assumption HGSS allowed you to have 4th Gen POKeMON from DPPl, is their any specific reason after mating my SNORLAX it didn't beget a MUNCHLAX? I waited a good 8 hours for it to hatch and BAM! Another SNORLAX... Does HGSS only go as far ahead as the 3rd Gen Hoenn 'Dex?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm a little confused. I was under the assumption HGSS allowed you to have 4th Gen POKeMON from DPPl, is their any specific reason after mating my SNORLAX it didn't beget a MUNCHLAX? I waited a good 8 hours for it to hatch and BAM! Another SNORLAX... Does HGSS only go as far ahead as the 3rd Gen Hoenn 'Dex?

Snorlax has to be holding a Full Incense when you breed it for it to hatch into Munchlax.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Hey, I need some advice.
I have just arrived in Canalave City in my platinum where the Move Deleter dwells and I would like to know from this point on how often will I need Cut(not counting optional locations)? If I won't have much more use for it I would like to erase it from my Torterra in favor of one of his upcoming moves.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hey, I need some advice.
I have just arrived in Canalave City in my platinum where the Move Deleter dwells and I would like to know from this point on how often will I need Cut(not counting optional locations)? If I won't have much more use for it I would like to erase it from my Torterra in favor of one of his upcoming moves.

Every time from then on, it will be optional to use Cut or not (I'm 99% sure). I recommend a HM Slave for your HM needs. Bibarel are good for that.

AxeyWaxyWoo

Awesome Sauce Trainer
Years
EV Training help please?

Hey, so I am EV training my Chimchar.

252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP

I have given him 10 carbos and 10 protein, so he now has 100 speed EVs and 100 attack EVs. So he needs 152 more EVs for both speed and attack.

He is infected with Pokerus and he is holding the Power Bracer, I will also give him the Power Anklet when I am training the speed stat.

I worked out that for each seaking he defeats, he will get 12 Attack EVs.
So I would need to defeat 12 seaking with the power bracer on (144 EVs) and 2 seaking with the power bracer off (8 EVs) to get 152 more attack EVs.

Trouble is, he is lvl. 1. He can't defeat the seaking.
Would he still get 12 EVs per battle if I sent him out first with the power bracer, switched to a stronger Pokemon then defeated the seaking?

Thanks in advance. :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Unfortunately, no. As two Pokemon will technically have been used to defeat each Seaking, the EV values will be split up between the two Pokemon used. As a solution, maybe try and find a different Pokemon to battle against to get your EVs, or leave Chimchar in the Day Care until it's a suitable level to fight the Seaking. Hope this helps! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back