• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently breeding?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
As title says, this is a discussion about what Pokémon you are currently breeding. You can say what you are breeding or you can even comment on other's projects or give suggestions. Be sure to respect other's opinions and make this a fun place to show off your breeding projects and receive feedback.

Keep in mind the 25 character/4 word rule and do not post spam

Sage Ebock

Squirtle Squad 4 life
Years
Currently trying to breed a shiny bulbasaur for my girl as a surprise :D

Im also buying her a 3ds xl and Pokemon y. She has no clue lol.

Currently at 180 with no luck. (no shiny charm yet :/ )

Wish me luck!

Also trying to breed one for trade, so... yea.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm currently breeding Espurr with Trick and their Hidden Ability -- I'd like to get a few competitive Meowstics out of it. It's really been a process to get the move Trick onto it D: I had to raise my Mime Jr. to Mr. Mime at 36, have it learn Trick, breed Trick onto Spinda then onto Espurr, haha.

Years
I'm working on a good parent for binacle to masuda method in april. I really hope I don't get a shiny for the first time. If I do, my buddy, Superstrength79, might be upset I didn't wait until April for the "The Lunis challenge for [insert month here]" to start on my parents. I don't even have another good pokemon with egg moves for it. Anyways, I didn't care for binacle ' s egg moves.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I'm currently breeding Espurr with Trick and their Hidden Ability -- I'd like to get a few competitive Meowstics out of it. It's really been a process to get the move Trick onto it D: I had to raise my Mime Jr. to Mr. Mime at 36, have it learn Trick, breed Trick onto Spinda then onto Espurr, haha.
You've already gotten a shiny out of it. :P (You should go show it to Necrum yes yes)
I'm working on a good parent for binacle to masuda method in april. I really hope I don't get a shiny for the first time. If I do, my buddy, Superstrength79, might be upset I didn't wait until April for the "The Lunis challenge for [insert month here]" to start on my parents. I don't even have another good pokemon with egg moves for it. Anyways, I didn't care for binacle ' s egg moves.
Those challenges sound fun, although I don't know if I'll ever have the time to actually do them lol Breed egg moves onto it anyways. Better trade value and it sets it apart from just a random shiny in the wild, besides the IVs that is.

Years
I was thinking maybe switcheroo. Tickle will be the easiest to come across. And yes you are correct, egg moves are indeed valuable:) No matter how useless, lol.

and yes the challenge is fun, gives us some good friendly competition:)
as long as it's a certain shiny, you win. No matter how you come across it, as long as it's your OT.

After a little more research, I'm definitely going with switcheroo. Inkay into corphish then corphish into binacle. I also might do water sport if time us on my side.

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
My next breeding project I believe will be Timburr. Actually begin breeding it for my VGC team. I've tested it enough and I'm very pleased with it's performance, it is truly an amazing Pokémon. Underrated I believe.

cscof

pretty coolish guy
Years
I've decided to begin breeding technician scythers, I love the ability technician, and plan to share that love with wonder trade, and anyone who wants one and eventually some dragon dance larvitars

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Oh I just figured out a great use for this thread. As already mentioned I'll be breeding Timburr. Which Egg Moves should I go with?

Drain Punch and Mach Punch are already decided. The other options are:

Comet Punch
Counter
Detect
Endure
Force Palm
Foresight
Reversal
Smelling Salts
Wide Guard

If needed I could put descriptions of all those moves. I already have two others in mind but would like to hear some opinions.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Oh I just figured out a great use for this thread. As already mentioned I'll be breeding Timburr. Which Egg Moves should I go with?

Drain Punch and Mach Punch are already decided. The other options are:

Comet Punch
Counter
Detect
Endure
Force Palm
Foresight
Reversal
Smelling Salts
Wide Guard

If needed I could put descriptions of all those moves. I already have two others in mind but would like to hear some opinions.
This is one of the purposes of this thread yes. :D Detect for sure since that is used in VGC a lot. When I did my Timburr I bred on Mach Punch, Drain Punch, and Detect. The fourth one can be anything you want it to be. But definitely make sure you have Detect on it since that'll make it even more valuable trade wise.

Years
go with wide guard just since you like doubles:)
Got switcheroo on binacle now. Jolly, tough claws, and switcheroo. I just wish everstone passed on the ability everytime too. Woot, just waiting on April now.
Then I might decide to put more moves on it. But they are all hatching with shell smash already so I like that:).

Last edited:

cscof

pretty coolish guy
Years
I'm going to breed some morning sun growlithes, any idea on some other egg moves to give them?

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Just finished Clefairy, Togepi and Pichu. Breeding Happiny and Munchlax now :)

I kinda just bred on whatever I felt for Egg Moves lol

Cleffa
- Modest
-- Wish
-- Tickle
-- Aromatherapy
-- Amnesia
- 5/6IVs

Togepi
- Modest
-- Morning Sun
-- Nasty Plot
-- Future Sight
-- Extrasensory
- 5/6IVs

Pichu
- Jolly (for my challenge; I'll go back for Timid later)
-- Wish
-- Tickle
-- Charge
-- Thunder Punch

And for my current breed-ees:

Happiny
- Modest
-- Mud Bomb
-- Metronome
-- Heal Bell
-- Gravity

Munchlax
- Adamant
-- Zen Headbutt
-- Pursuit
-- Belch
-- Double-Edge

Years

Just hatched the shiny today:)
Now I don't know what to breed:/
I might look through my collection and see if i have any neat balls in females now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I'm going to breed some morning sun growlithes, any idea on some other egg moves to give them?

Some other good egg moves for Growlithe are Crunch, Close Combat, and Flare Blitz.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Just hatched the shiny today:)
Now I don't know what to breed:/
I might look through my collection and see if i have any neat balls in females now.

Congratulations on your Shiny.

If you don't know what to breed I will tell you my plans and you might be able to get some ideas. I am breeding my VGC team, Singles team, Vivillon of course, lastly I plan on breeding all Mega Evolution Pokémon with Egg Moves, the proper Nature and good IV spread. The Megas will be for my personal use so no need for a whole bunch of Natures for the same Pokémon. Oh and eventually all those will be Shiny. :)

Years

If you don't know what to breed I will tell you my plans and you might be able to get some ideas. I am breeding my VGC team, Singles team, Vivillon of course, lastly I plan on breeding all Mega Evolution Pokémon with Egg Moves, the proper Nature and good IV spread. The Megas will be for my personal use so no need for a whole bunch of Natures for the same Pokémon. Oh and eventually all those will be Shiny. :)

Thank you! I had forgotten that I still need my native vivillon in shiny, that's what I'm going for now I think.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

I am also interested in breeding the Mega Pokemon with egg moves in nice pokeballs. So far I have Mega Mawile and Mega Manectric... not too good I'd say. xD

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Thank you! I had forgotten that I still need my native vivillon in shiny, that's what I'm going for now I think.
Great, remember that Butterfree can supply all Vivillon Egg Moves. It learns the last one at level 34. It's a one step Egg Move process. Luckily the last one is at a low level too.

Of course that's if you traded the Vivillon I gave to you that were Egg Moved. If not you can pass with one of those.

I am also interested in breeding the Mega Pokemon with egg moves in nice pokeballs. So far I have Mega Mawile and Mega Manectric... not too good I'd say. xD

I had more Shiny Mega but I've traded all but Kangaskhan. I'm breeding all mine in Premier Balls obviously. My problem with other Balls is if I want a HA and no Apricorn Ball Pokémon can have a HA.

Back