• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
money script problem
rom: ruby
Script editor: XSE

the show money command doesn't work, making the other moony commands useless! can anyone help?
Spoiler:

Are you sure it's not running? The way you have the money codes one after the other, it's basically showing the money and then hiding the money very fast. Are the things after the money commands working? If they are, maybe put a pause 0x20 after the updatemoney command.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
This isn't something easy to do especially for multiple pokemon but for some information you can refer to this:
You could also recreate the pokemon in the 25 empty slots in between Celebi and Treecko and set the catch rate to 0.

Thanks a lot! The thread that you showed will be very helpful in the future(for i am still a beginner in ASM.)

Actually I need to reserve the 25 slots for some more pokemons, so...errr.. I wouldn't do this in that way.

Thanks again!

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I believe that var is whatever Pokemon slot the nicknamed Poke is at. Since its the first Pokemon your player gets, it'll be in the first slot of the party, which is 0x0. The special reads from 0x8004, and not any other variables, so it has to be that one.

This is the script I used it didn't work :(

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x828
if 0x01 goto $given
message $talk
$talk 1 = Take this Bulbasaur!
boxset 6
givepokemon 1 15 0x8B
message $name
$name 1 = Would you like to rename this \nPokemon?
boxset 5
compare 0x800D 0x0001
if 0x01 gosub $nick
fadescreen 0
setflag 0x828
release
end

#org $nick
copyvar 0x8004 0x0
fadescreen 1
special 0x166
#raw 0x27
return

#org $given
message $ey
$ey 1 = I only have 1.
boxset 6
release
end

redriders180

Years
This is the script I used it didn't work :(
#org $nick
copyvar 0x8004 0x0
fadescreen 1
special 0x166
#raw 0x27
return

I don't know what code language this is (I use XSE), but I think I can decipher it. In XSE, copyvar takes the value of one variable and puts it in another. Since there are no variables called 0x0, you should replace "copyvar 0x8004 0x0" with "setvar 0x8004 0x0", or whatever language you're using's alternative.

no, the other money commands aren't showing, and where should I put the pause in between?

It'd look a little like this:
Code:
showmoney 0x0 0x0 0x0
givemoney AMOUNT 0x0
updatemoney 0x0 0x0 0x0
pause 0x20 \\about a one second pause
hidemoney 0x0 0x0

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2012
This should be a simple question I hope.

In pokemon emerald, I am scripting a wild battle.

0= Normal music.
1= legendary battle.
2= Earthquake or something? lol

Does anyone know the numbers for the mew wild battle theme and/or the regis wild battle theme?

Thanks in advance. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to make a wild pokemon battle script can any1 help me?

wildbattle 151 50 1

[pokemon#] [level#] [music#]

for the music

0 = normal
1 = legendary
3 = regi theme on ruby and saphire roms I think

So the example I used [wildbattle 151 50 1] Would be a battle with a level 50 mew and legendary music.

Last edited:

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
Tile inserting

I apologize if this does not go here.

I have been watching this youtube clip countless times and following step by step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDwxD2v6RMY

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong? Right after I go to photoshop and click "color table" under image. It won't click. I am very confused as to why this isn't working since I'm following each step. I have CS4 not 3 but I'm not sure if that affects anything.

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Hello! (:

So, I'm thinking this is the place for this question? If not, then feel free to ignore me.

How to explain this... I want to make a hack of a game, but the hack isn't actually going to have any pokemon in it? faskdl;fj It sounds really bad when I say it like that, but I've got an idea that I think is pretty cool and I'd love to see work. (:

Anyways, I was wondering if a few things were even possible with hacking. For example:

Can you change the start menu at all? Like where it says...Pokedex, make it say something else?

And is it possible to edit the animation where a Pokeball is being thrown in to use a Pokemon in a battle?

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Adding a person that gives you items?

Sorry if this post isnt in the right spot im not very used to these forums yet. I'm wondering how to add a person that when you talk to them they give you some items? I haven't found a tutorial anywhere and I've seen it in a different rom hack. Sorry if this is a "nooby question" but I can't find my answer anywhere. Thanks, and again sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I don't believe I see this question asked before, but probably because this may not be possible. My question is, simply how to I (in firered) have a tag-along character. For example, In Colleceum/Gale of Darkness a character tags along and is able to speak. In my hack, I want 2 characters (or one, if needs be) to fallow the playable character and at times they would need to say a couple things, that would be the easy part. But I don't believe the tag-along system has been implemented in a main series game before. gbc/gba/ds). But I have a bad memory and haven't played all the games. The pokemon tag-along system (pikachu in yellow, pokemon in heartgold/soulsilver) may be to be edited to suit my need, but again, I am new at hacking and probably want more then is possible. If anyone can help give some info on this I'd be greatful, thank you.

redriders180

Years
I don't believe I see this question asked before, but probably because this may not be possible. My question is, simply how to I (in firered) have a tag-along character. For example, In Colleceum/Gale of Darkness a character tags along and is able to speak. In my hack, I want 2 characters (or one, if needs be) to fallow the playable character and at times they would need to say a couple things, that would be the easy part. But I don't believe the tag-along system has been implemented in a main series game before. gbc/gba/ds). But I have a bad memory and haven't played all the games. The pokemon tag-along system (pikachu in yellow, pokemon in heartgold/soulsilver) may be to be edited to suit my need, but again, I am new at hacking and probably want more then is possible. If anyone can help give some info on this I'd be greatful, thank you.

I've seen the tag-along system implemented before, but it has many bugs. There's alot to it. For example, if you interact with another person or a signpost, the tagging-along person stops following you. Also, using applymovement and waitmovement cause the gameplay to be very jerky, since you have to stop afterwards and wait for the following character to make its step. Either way, it requires ASM and alot of patience.

Years

At this time, It is not possible to get it to work efficiently. It is still extremely glitchy and full of bugs. It's still under work now but don't expect it be working any time soon.

Also you would also require to do an ASM hack. A lot more complex then scripting.

If your new to hacking, you'd want to learn everything there is to know about scripting before moving onto ASM hacking.

redriders180

Years
Now time for a question from me. I'm hacking Firered, and want to know how to have the player warp while surfing. Usually, if I'm surfing and use a warp, it'll revert my OW to the usual walking one, and I want it to stay surfing. How can I do this?

Edit: This needs to be done via script. Changing the behavior byte won't help, because I need it at a certain one.

droomph

weeb
Years
I apologize if this does not go here.

I have been watching this youtube clip countless times and following step by step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDwxD2v6RMY

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong? Right after I go to photoshop and click "color table" under image. It won't click. I am very confused as to why this isn't working since I'm following each step. I have CS4 not 3 but I'm not sure if that affects anything.

For goodness sakes use Paint! Photoshop is used for actual pictures.

Oh, and most importantly you'll need to learn how to actually do it.

And also, this thread has some things you should download (APE should help you somewhat with Tilesets).

Sorry if this post isnt in the right spot im not very used to these forums yet. I'm wondering how to add a person that when you talk to them they give you some items? I haven't found a tutorial anywhere and I've seen it in a different rom hack. Sorry if this is a "nooby question" but I can't find my answer anywhere. Thanks, and again sorry if this is in the wrong place.

XSE Tutorial

Search Function, you know? A great place to look.

Hello! (:

So, I'm thinking this is the place for this question? If not, then feel free to ignore me.

How to explain this... I want to make a hack of a game, but the hack isn't actually going to have any pokemon in it? faskdl;fj It sounds really bad when I say it like that, but I've got an idea that I think is pretty cool and I'd love to see work. (:

Anyways, I was wondering if a few things were even possible with hacking. For example:

Can you change the start menu at all? Like where it says...Pokedex, make it say something else?

And is it possible to edit the animation where a Pokeball is being thrown in to use a Pokemon in a battle?

You can change anything text related fairly easily. Go on a hex editor and search for a string of letters that correspond. For example, if I want to search for "AAH BEES" I would use the search function in your hex editor and type in "BB BB C2 00 BC BF BF CD".

Here's a table of all the hex codes for each symbol:
Spoiler:

And if you're not going to include any Pokémon, then why bother with the Pokéball animation? But if you must, unLZ.GBA can find that image, and you must change each of the frames on Paint or a similar program, using only the 15 colors provided. NSE works too.

And uh, I think the whole point of a Pokémon game is to have Pokémon inside it?

Last edited:

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Just today my AdvanceMap stopped letting me save/load tilesets in .bmp format. Instead, it only lets me save as .bvd, which I'm assuming is the extension for some German file, since the description is in German.

Things I've already done:
Tried backup files
Tried different ROMs
Tried A-Map 1.95 instead of 1.92
Tried redownloading A-Map

If you have any idea what the HELL is going on, please share :)

redriders180

Years
Just today my AdvanceMap stopped letting me save/load tilesets in .bmp format. Instead, it only lets me save as .bvd, which I'm assuming is the extension for some German file, since the description is in German.

Things I've already done:
Tried backup files
Tried different ROMs
Tried A-Map 1.95 instead of 1.92
Tried redownloading A-Map

If you have any idea what the HELL is going on, please share :)

.bvd files are not German. bvd is a file extension which saves block behavior and data. If, when you're in the block editor, and go to blocks -> save tileset 1, it will save the BLOCKS of the rom, basically which tiles go where, and what their behavior bytes and stuff are. To save bmp, you go to picture -> save tileset 1. Of course, this may not be helpful, but it'll help you know what .bvd files are :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2014
Hey Everyone,
I'm not a new hacker but I'm new to hacking emerald can anyone explain how I remove the
start truck and the earthquake.
When I tried to do it tiles stuff up.
Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back