• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst songs of the year

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Lol, I love how people bash on songs and saying they're the worst song of the year because they're 'overplayed'. So if I wanted to become a successful artist, I gotta release a song that no one have ever listened to and it'll be the song of the year? I guess I'm good to go!

Worst song for me is definitely that Selfie Song. Not even a catchy beat, sounds too rushed and not even handled with care. Sounds like a bad remix done on Youtube.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Don't Tell 'Em by Jeremih featuring YG
I will admit I did get a laugh out of the "I GOT A MISSED CALL FROM YO BITCH" line, but other than that this song just really grated on me, and it was another one that fell victim to overplay to me. With a very weak beat that repeats throughout the entire song, I really couldn't take this one for long. And the fact that it's still in the top 1/3 of the charts at the time of this typing doesn't exactly excite me. Yet my mom and twin brother like it...

I forgot about this one but omg it's literally the funniest song because he sounds like he's saying "you ain't eatin', don't tell'em" and for a while that's what I thought it really was and I was just like GREAT MESSAGE GUYS DON'T TELL ANYONE YOU HAVE AN EATING DISORDER

Years
On another note with that song, I found this and could not help but laugh. Hard.

That's right, Lorde, the anti-party lady, covering this obnoxious song. It's too stupid for me to do anything but find hysterical. From what I hear, there are a lot of weird covers in the Live Lounge, but this is one I saw posted on Twitter and I couldn't resist throwing it here.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Selfie is a joke song though.

I'm fully aware of that, but numerous artists did joke songs but none of them were as awful as this. They wanted to make the song as viral as the harlem shake and even catch the catchy beat. Which they both failed at doing.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
"All About That Bass".

the girl singing it isn't even a "big girl", wth. lol

kuzronk

Banned
Years
I'm fully aware of that, but numerous artists did joke songs but none of them were as awful as this. They wanted to make the song as viral as the harlem shake and even catch the catchy beat. Which they both failed at doing.
Harlem shake wasn't made to be viral though. It's just some trap song that got BNT on pitchfork until some youtuber made it popular.

Back