• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
feraligatr master, the Treeko on you avatar looks stoned, either that or nausiated (either way I find it amusing). Good luck with all that shiny hunting guys; I'm impressed with the dedicated breeding for shinies. I've never actually tried this method, so I don't know how well/poorly it goes. (Congratulations on 4,000+ posts!)

Years
ryan said:
(Congratulations on 4,000+ posts!)
Oh, I never checked there. You could bet that if I'd noticed I'd have jacked Post 4000 just like I jacked Page 100. XD! (Aww well, there's always Page 200 and Post 5000. ;))

During the t-storm, I hunted and encountered my 20th Surskit since using Breloom.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
sure you can join, and you gotta use it in battle
9.15 is reffering to the cycle road time,
i personaaly cannot remember mine but i deleted my ruby save with the fast time 9.12 or 9.14 it was if i remember correctly,
i was surprised because i kept getting 9.18
yup i use the small font so that itll encourage me to use my reading glasses,
but unfortunately changing the colour of the text makes unblurry,
it usually blurs when focusing on black text

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
Years
This post is mainly just to let you guys know that I haven't disapeared again. I've just been busy lately and haven't had much time to post around the SHC. The dex is still in the middle of being reformatted, so any help on it shinies I haven't updated for would be appriciated.

Shiny Shuckle

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
i got my abra and its a quirky nature is that good?
here is the info
Shiny abra
game time 19:40
real time and date nov 6 05 9:13 pm
30 resets of 47 each=1410 abras

Zootster

Awesome Guy Extrordinaire
Years
SkinnyGreenMan said:
any help on it shinies I haven't updated for would be appriciated.
You missed a few of Aaryn's (the ones whos pics didn't show up in his sig):
Gengar, Charizard, Marowak, Raticate, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Venusaur, Chansey, and Mewtwo.

EDIT:
Shiny_Shuckle said:
i got my abra and its a quirky nature is that good?
here is the info
Shiny abra
game time 19:40
real time and date nov 6 05 9:13 pm
30 resets of 47 each=1410 abras

Quirky is an ok nature for an Alakazam (Modest or Timid are the best). It doesn't raise or bring down any stat.
It only took you 1410 Abras?!? You're really lucky considering on average it would take about 8192 of them. I wish my Trapinch would come that eaisily....

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Hey guys!

Managed to get on now for a while...

I?ve fought some wild mons today but nothing...

No Shinyness... ?_?

Stll going through Emerald...

Got one leet Azumarill that PWNS all that don?t use Electric or Grass moves... -_-;;;
My team is doing fine,except that I had to reset tons of times to beat Brawly and Wattson... ;_;

Last edited:
Years
Hi-ho! During today's bathroom-hunt (XD), I managed to find two more Surskits in short succession, bringing my total (with Breloom) to 22. :) Though I hoped it would be prophetic, I turned up no shinies as of yet, making the encounter no more of a sign than the appearance of Pok?rus during this same hunt last summer.

PS. Take the quiz, SGM! ;)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
MetalMario said:
Hi-ho! During today's bathroom-hunt (XD)
Toilet trainer!
kool dude said:
hello peoplez, ive been gone for a while,(like anyone cares...)and ive hunted about 25 hrs. no shiny. so yah just dropping by.
Hey, that's quitter talk. We all care about other shiny hunting members. I'm glad you stopped by, keep on hunting, they'll show up soon enough.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Hi guys!

Haven?t played Emerald much yesterday...

So no Shiny news...

I hope I find at least one through my playthrough...

Beaten Flannery and Norman,going to Winona in a while...

And my Mons are still rocking... ^_^

Since I?m playing through till I get Toto/Cynda/Chiko,I?ll have to restart after to get all of them...

This playthrough-Me
Next one-My bro
Perma next to that one-Me

pokebryce

devoted shiny hunter
Years
hi, just wondering what you think i should hunt next
cause i cant beat the elite four and i want a shiny rayquaza

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Well,ya could try hunting,I dunno,maybe a Shiny Machop?

Those things look rad as Machamp! ^-^

..Unfortunately I found that out when I was at the Battle Tower in my Saph ROM... -_-;;;

Thank goodness it didn?t happen in my RL Saph!

And to hunt it,and if you don?t mind finding a Shiny Numel by accident,go to the Route next to the place ya get the Secret Power TM,go to the left,near that cave,in the grass...

Only Numel and Machop there! ^-^

Years
pokebryce said:
hi, just wondering what you think i should hunt next
cause i cant beat the elite four and i want a shiny rayquaza
Hunt for anything you like, but be sure to train your team while you're at it. That way, you'll be strong enough for the 13374 and then be able to try for a shiny Rayquaza!

Runasutaru said:
Those things look rad as Machamp! ^-^

..Unfortunately I found that out when I was at the Battle Tower in my Saph ROM... -_-;;;
Same difference... *sniff* That's why I try to avoid emulators: it's like a never-ending Battle Tower/Tube...

Runasutaru said:
And to hunt it,and if you don?t mind finding a Shiny Numel by accident,go to the Route next to the place ya get the Secret Power TM,go to the left,near that cave,in the grass...

Only Numel and Machop there! ^-^
Shiny Camerupt is pretty cool with them golden 000's. You might also try Mt. Ember, but keep a Politoed close by in case you run into an EXPLODING SHINY GEODUDE!!1111

I'm up to 26 Surskits. There must've been an unannounced swarm or something... ∂_∂

I'd also like to make a bit of a correction to my math regarding the 5678-turn average I've mentioned many times. We've been studying consecutive Bernoulli trials terminating at the first success in Statistics class, and, as it turns out, 5678 turns is the median (50th percentile) rather than the expected value. I was confusing these two terms. The expected value for the number of turns spent on a shiny hunt is 8192, while the median is 5678.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
OOOOOOOOOOOH!

THAT is quite nasty for us then right? ;_;

Wellz,got to have patience to hunt! ^-^

Going to play a lil Emerald now...

AND WHY MUST BATTLE TOWER BE SO EVIL?!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! ?_?

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Edit:OMG!I NOW NOTICED I?VE GOT 34 POSTS HERE! ^-^

So,mah Tentacruel goes to the Dex right? ^___________________^

Last edited:
Years
Runasutaru said:
OOOOOOOOOOOH!

THAT is quite nasty for us then right? ;_;

Wellz,got to have patience to hunt! ^-^
What it means is that 50% of the people looking for shinies will find one in less than 5678 turns, while the other 50% will take longer, possibly indefinitely. (5678 is clearly a much smaller number than 1,000,000 (Oooooh, now I undershtand!), therefore it sways the average up.) What I said was correct in that you have a 50% chance of finding a shiny in 5678 turns or less; the only problem is that for some, it will take much, much longer.

Runasutaru said:
Edit:OMG!I NOW NOTICED I?VE GOT 34 POSTS HERE! ^-^

So,mah Tentacruel goes to the Dex right? ^___________________^
Why yes, it will! (I thought we were counting currently active members anyway, despite having less than 30 posts...)

Back