• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] (Δ) HOLON mythos (δ) [M] [OOC + SU]

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Sad to see you go Challenger... :C

Anyways, in order to get some conversation going~~ Holon has a lot of possibilities with Pokemon due to typing and such. What Pokemon do you want to see? What would you want it's typing to be?

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
I'm sorry, Rezzy, but I'm gonna have to drop out of the roleplay. I'm having a hard time making myself do things at the moment. Terribly sorry.

It is most unfortunate to see you leave : C​

Anyways, in order to get some conversation going~~ Holon has a lot of possibilities with Pokemon due to typing and such. What Pokemon do you want to see? What would you want it's typing to be?

Taking the initiative, I see ~ Nice :3
TheSnivyMaster is the one in charge of types and such, so I might as well jump on the discussion wagon for this, because I'd LOVE to have Steel/Electric Zigzagoon (or just Electric, although Linoone SHOULD be Steel/Electric for funsies), hopefully that's integrated at some point!

But I might as well ask which moves you'd like to see on a certain Pokemon along its type? Sounds even more fun :3​

I would name the Shedinja God.

Fairy-type, anyone? x3
Maybe said Shedinja could also have Phantom Force for a better effect ~​

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
I would like a grass/fairy Chikorita, a Psychic/fairy Azelf(In my dreams....), and a Ghost/fairy Sunflora(An angel.) Anyone like these? I thing this typing on sunflora would be interesting.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
The typing I want to see the most is probably, Steel/Fire Blaziken, mhmm. And the moves would be Flash Cannon, Blaze Kick, Iron Headbutt, ??? I'm not sure.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
A THEME SONG WITH MY GODDESS FLORENCE WELCH SIGN ME UP OKAY

my CSS was going to be beautiful, but then I deleted my entire SU and had to start from scratch so... you guys get this. i'm done btw.

Boscharacter_zpsf9dd14f1.jpg

- - - T R A I N E R

"Wow, please, talk more so I can fall asleep faster."​

Full Name: Dess Foster
Appearance: Dess is the best dressed person she knows, no, really, she is. Okay, well, maybe not but Dess refuses to listen to anyone who says otherwise because clearly they're a liar. The most important rule Dess has for herself is to always dress for herself and not to impress others, because who cares about them anyway? One of Dess's favorite styles is to wear an overly large but comfy sweater over a nice, flannel shirt. Whether the colors compliment each other is up to random chance, sometimes they do but it seems like a majority of the time they do not. If someone wanted to point that out Dess would happily give them two matching black eyes. Actually, speaking of black... that is the only colored skinny jeans she would ever wear. Lining the pockets are usually a pen and then several pencils, though they are constantly breaking. To Dess the color black is a godsend, but don't get her wrong she doesn't like to be covered head to toe in it, as that's just plain tacky. Just... skinny jeans, oh, and her nail polish (except it is constantly chipping, so annoying.) She tends to have a surprisingly abundant amount of clothing and that's because of the five finger discount she uses everywhere. Next up, her beige boots with two buckled straps, which she absolutely adores. One of her hobbies is to sit back in a chair and put her feet up just to look at them, and because that's the most comfortable way to sit. To finish off this stunning arrangement of apparel worn by Dess (that should be trademarked!) is the one accessory Dess has chosen to wear, a ring that has a medium-sized ruby red stone, the way she's attached to it some people have speculated it's her mother's or some other dead relative's, but that's simply not the case at all. She stol-borrowed it from some other girl at a party.

One thing Dess has a problem with is tanning, it's all or nothing. Be burnt or no tan at all. It has led people to believe that her light tan complexion means that she's white... she isn't and gets rather upset when people try say or imply that. She'd much rather not pass, but thanks to her mother and father Dess has skin that's light enough for her to able to, unfortunately. Something that others mistakenly see as a problem is Dess's hair, also known as the unruly mess of chestnut brown curls on her head. Laziness is her friend - best friend at that - because Dess has one formula in the morning when it comes to her hair: throw most of it into a messy bun and allow her bangs to hang down in front of her face to try and hide the bags under her eyes. It works most of the time or Dess has convinced herself that is working. She has yet to find a girl that she hasn't been taller than but when that day comes that will be her ultimate rival. Guys that are taller than her are automatically labelled as boring because, uh, Dess said so! Just because she's tall does not mean Dess is skin and bones, no, she would hate that. She actually has meat on her body and enjoys her body just the way it is.

Personality: Fun. Wait, that can't just be the end? Dess loves fun, is that better? That's what Dess strives for in life, to have fun, what's life if you're not having a bit of fun? Except Dess doesn't have just a bit of fun, she is the queen of having fun. She loves partying and getting lost in the moment. People are Dess's forte, she loves talking to people, but not about personal things. About the weather, what they did last night, what they think about before they sleep, etc. mostly random things but they are the subjects that intrigue her. She's never afraid to ask a question, especially those "random" ones. In fact, if someone drones on for too long, brings up something she doesn't want to talk about or the conversation dulls she just starts asking people questions. As a master of evasive she knows when people are trying to avoid her questions and hounds them even further. She's all about figuring out about what makes a person tick and what they're trying to hide. Of course, this is all before Dess gets bored of them then she'll toss them away like trash. Attachment is something Dess has never had a firm hold on, people come and go from her life all the time and that's the way she prefers it. Everyone leaves eventually, if they try to stick around Dess will make sure to give them the firm boot from her life.

Being the most dominant person in the room is the Dess way. There is no way she would ever allow someone to dictate any part of her life because all of her choices are her own and that's it. Taking over conversations and making sure the spot light is on her, perfect. In fact, all of it should've been focused on her in the beginning. Dess specifically doesn't like macho guys that think that their masculinity and physical traits make them better than her. Actually, guys in general annoy Dess, she has one use for them... and tends to not see them for more than that. Oh, and don't get Dess started on people who ignore her! She has so much disdain for them. That is one of the biggest insult Dess has ever received in her life because if she has found someone worthy of talking to, they better talk back.

Yep, Dess is all about aggression. Macro, micro, all of it. A good chunk of it is channeled through her fists. Punching people is probably her favorite activity , she's gotten quite good at it too. She doesn't put up with criticism well and people quickly learn that she does not care for their opinion about her life. Dess is very open about her lifestyle and choices, she doesn't see the point in hiding behind lies and fables. If someone has a problem with the way she goes about life or certain aspects of her then she'll make sure they know what pain is. Everything is meant to be tried at least once, right? Boys, girls, drugs, clothing styles, hairstyles, breaking the law... There are some obvious things that Dess would never participate it but it's not a list she flaunts around. She'll try something over and over again just to make sure she hasn't lost the craving for it. Dess doesn't like to bog herself down with labels because all of that is taxing. She's all about in the moment, the fluidity of things. She's... just Dess.

Backstory: Dess grew up in the good ole Kalos region, Ambrette Town to be exact. She would've preferred the Johto region as everyone she's met from there seems to be incredibly awesome but her dumb parents decided to settle down in Kalos. Being the scientist that they were they loved Kalos for all its mysteries that have yet to be discovered. Something that Dess was never interested in much to their disappoint. It didn't matter much to Dess because her parents were never home, which meant she got to do whatever she wanted as she was an only child. Her parents always planned on having more children but then their research would always get in the way. Frankly, Dess has always been glad she doesn't have siblings because that means responsibility and that's a big no.

With all the freedom one can say that Dess went a little crazy and they wouldn't be wrong. She was known as the Party Girl for a bit, until her parents found out then she got grounded. That didn't mean much when they worked all the time and were rarely home for dinner. It also made Dess resent her parents and she has become kind of apathetic toward them as a whole. She even stole a fossil and restored it just to get their attention, but it didn't work. Nope, instead she found someone, a breeder, who had one too many Tyrunts (at least in Dess's opinion) and borrowed one of them to pretend the experiment did work. That's when she got stuck with Odyne, she tried to return the Tyrunt but the breeder wouldn't take her back because she had grown too attached. Dess did not want to become a Pokemon Trainer or anything like that at all. Since she kinda unofficially was now, Dess made the best of it, and went on a short journey to Route 2 and back to Ambrette Town. That's where she caught Komodia and decided that this whole gym journey thing wasn't for her. She'd much rather just have fun.

It didn't take much to convince Dess to join this mission to find Mew, she really isn't interested in finding this Mew at all. She wants something to do and take her mind off the boring stuff, which the announcement provided the perfect opportunity for her to do so. Her parents don't even know she got on the cruise, even if she left a note they wouldn't have noticed as they're much too busy participating in research than paying attention to their daughter. So, that's how Dess has found herself on this boat and it isn't even that great of one...

- - - P O K E M O N
Wurmple_zpsd85f7f48.gif

BugIC_Big.png
Komodia: Lv. 6 Female Wurmple - Shield Dust
- - - Tail Whip, String Shot, and Poison Sting.
It didn't take long after Dess caught Komodia on Route 2 that she crowned herself the head monarch of Dess's team, making sure that Odyne knew that. She simply refuses to touch the ground or anything dirty, which forces either Dess to carry her or for Komodia to sit on top of Odyne's head. Komodia actually prefers the luxury of her PokeBall and hates being called out to battle, as she's above getting messy.​

Tyrunt_zpsd961d260.gif

RockIC_Big.png
DragonIC_Big.png
Odyne: Lv. 4 Female Tyrunt - Strong Jaw
- - - Tail Whip, Tackle, Fire Fang, and Thunder Fang.
Odyne came not from a fossil like one would suspect but from a breeder. True to her species, Odyne will throw a tantrum if anything happens that she doesn't like, even if that thing doesn't affect her. Odyne is the rambunctious type, she's not one to follow society's rules of being polite and well-mannered. The one thing Odyne is always trying to accomplish is to prove herself to Dess. This leads her to eagerly ignoring direct orders in battle and doing her own thing. With her movepool and ability Odyne would be the powerhouse of Dess's team except for her constant unreliability.

- - - M I S C E L L A N Y

Roleplay Sample: Latest Post - Claire Mornet - The Exalted Ones.

Chalifoux

Years
@Vintage Arachnid. DONT FORGET ABOUT BASTILLE! THEYRE SOMETIMES GOOD AT STUFF TOO

But on to the matter of your SU. Put simply I'd say it's rather superb. Dess seems like quite a character, with the right amount of shoplifting to compliment ~ And her personality is just as quirky, fun and intriguing as are the other sections! I'm very curious as to how people like Dess could interact with the more shy members of the cast such as Charlotte, but I bet it would make for some really fun stuff. Perhaps fisticupa are a thing to be seen around for Dess in the near future? The backstory is simply delightful, and I truly enjoyed the fact that Dess didn't even want to train Pokemon in the first place. The sample is simply marvelous. So with that said and done you are officially accepted and can begin posting at your own leisure. A welcome pack with useful links and cookies will be disposed soon as well. Welcome aboard ~

@Charizard_Man. Rushed? Nonsense. I enjoyed every single bit of that post and the pacing was a verily much so appropriate one. And I'm pretty sure the guy who did the CSS for the joint post is a very handsome and smart fella so props for him too

EDIT: I just now played the theme song. This was my reaction to that one song in particular: ASAMHDFQKVJZNLM3IQ BCUL,QZMARINAANDTHEDIAMONDSADL;BAF;NXL!!!!
But yeah, last spot: filled. Updating to reflect so !~

Last edited:
Years
Hi, guys. I have some... fun yet grave news to share.

I... will not be active all week next week. No online time for me whatsoever.

Therefore, the following things will be in effect:

• Drake will be bunnied by Chalifoux. I trust this man with my life, so I chose him to bunny my character. He's just an awesome dude. >w<
  • I have given Chalifoux a lot of pre-set encounters to use. Don't worry, your custom sprites will be used, just know that these are not fresh encounters I just created.

That's pretty much all I must say. So, farewell for now, my friends! I will miss you all, and I promise that I will be a much better GM when I return!

Chalifoux

Years
Hi, guys. I have some... fun yet grave news to share.

I... will not be active all week next week. No online time for me whatsoever.

Therefore, the following things will be in effect:

• Drake will be bunnied by Chalifoux. I trust this man with my life, so I chose him to bunny my character. He's just an awesome dude. >w<
  • I have given Chalifoux a lot of pre-set encounters to use. Don't worry, your custom sprites will be used, just know that these are not fresh encounters I just created.

That's pretty much all I must say. So, farewell for now, my friends! I will miss you all, and I promise that I will be a much better GM when I return!

Expanding from this. The fun part is to him, see he's going to this camp thingy-stuff where the internet doesn't exist. Hence why he won't be online during such period of doing camping stuff. Also, there are four backsprites that hadn't been finished (or whose inserting process hadn't been finished) when he generated these 'emergency' encounters, so to call them, so unfortunately Riku, Dess, Reyna and Dirk won't have backgrounds with custom sprites until Josh's return : C That being said, I'll take the helmet for a week as sole GM so things might go a bit slower (not much, hopefully) as two heads do work better than one. ~

ALSO, I'll be dumping this here, expecting that you don't mind it much

<< The INNER WORKINGS of the REGION>>

I realized that, under this peculiar scenario, Holon is not exactly the most inhabited region, nor is it the most advanced one, and it certainly doesn't have any developed roads. So, how exactly does it work? Several of you have had inquires in regards to how exactly stuff gets done in Holon. It is with this post, which I shall immediately link to the IC after posting, that I shall explain how these and many other things run in Holon, in order to have a better understanding of the picture:

==> FIRST and FOREMOST, as you all now, there was a SCIENTIST TEAM trying to find MEW, the elusive MIRAGE POKEMON. As they proceeded with their RESEARCH, they found it necessary to hire people to aid them, but not in the science fields. These people they hired were CONSTRUCTION WORKERS, FARMERS and WHATNOT, and they all had the task to ensure the survival of the TEAM and THEMSELVES. It was only natural that A CONSIDERABLE NUMBER OF PEOPLE accessed the region given the MANY RESOURCES of the team. These people that were hired, however, had NO DIRECT RELATION to the research and the EVENTS following afterwards.

==> At SOME POINT a year later, when the electromagnetic signal is broadcast from the RESEARCH TOWER, a large amount of Pokemon become VERY AGGRESSIVE, especially those SURROUNDING HOLON CITY. Their constant ATTACKS forced the people of Holon City to EVENTUALLY RETREAT back to their hometowns. Those damn Pokemon, man, seriously.

==> HOWEVER, there is one VERY IMPORTANT FACT THAT REQUIRES A LONG SENTENCE IN FULL CAPS that should be noted: While EVERYONE FROM THE CITY left the region, NOT EVERYONE inhabiting the region left. HOW SO? Simple. Given the fact that they only needed to survive and allow the team to survive, the many people hired to go to Holon eventually dared to EXPLORE the rest of the region, SLOWLY, BUT STEADILY creating small settlements, such as FARMS, GROWING FIELDS, SIMPLE HOUSES and stuff like that. By the time the team had ABANDONED their research - and the region -, i.e. ABOUT FOUR YEARS LATER, the people that were once residing in Holon City were now scattered in tiny town and decently-sized cities on OTHER SECTORS OF THE REGION.

==> Of course, in exchange for work and being able to do their own thing in a forgotten land, those who were hired COULD NOT mention anything of what they were doing to ANYONE OUTSIDE OF THE REGION until the research could YIELD CONCLUSIVE RESULTS. This never happened, so to the eyes of common people, they merely dissapeared, never to be heard of again ~

==> COMMUNICATION in the Holon region is MEDIOCRE, AT BEST. There's no proper ROUTE SYSTEM in place, and few to none areas besides the cities can harness services such as CELL SERVICES, TV, ZE INTERWEBS and the like ( a characteristic they spent YEARS of effort on before it could properly work - and one they HEAVILY REFRAINED from using to contact those outside the region, so much no one actually dared to dissobey this up until the recent re-discovery of the region -. By the time the research team left, the cities and towns had ENOUGH DISTANCE BETWEEN ONE ANOTHER for people outside Holon City to NEVER ACTUALLY REALIZE that the Delta Incident took place for quite a bit of time. Some towns spent nearly a decade before learning the research team left to begin with.

==> DOMESTICATING the wild Pokemon, or rather, QUELLING their AGGRESIVENESS AFTER THEIR MUTATION is something that took FOUR YEARS TO ACHIEVE, either by efforts from the locals or by the Pokemon themselves.

==> As the people left HOLON CITY and began to explored the landmass to see just what else it could offer, many activities started to be done by the local folk, and they all still remain to this very day.

==> The region is HEAVILY-BASED upon the PRACTICE OF AGRICULTURE, and most of the products one can find to eat are all farmed and planted by the folks of Holon.

==> There's NO SORT OF CURRENCY, WHATSOEVER. Instead, a BARTERING SYSTEM was imposed on the land. Anything you want you need to offer for. The offer must be of an equivalent value to the other part of the trade, and CAN BE SOMETHING OUTSIDE OF FOOD, OR AN OBJECT, such as a FAVOR.

==> MOST PEOPLE, IF NOT ALL choose not to leave, as life in Holon is everything they've known for OVER A DECADE. Those who leave, however, NEVER MAKE IT OUT ALIVE ON THEIR OWN.

==> There is not set GOVERNMENT SYSTEM, either, as every town or city DOES IT'S OWN THING and imposes the regulations it deems necessary, as does with leaders for every settlement (i.e. mayors or somesuch) and the like.

==> PART OF THE ROLEPLAY is based upon CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and, as such, your character MAY, AT SOME POINT, START TO DEDICATE TO A JOB OR ROLE SOMEWHERE. I give you freedom within set restrictions to choose what to do, should they start working somewhere. Perhaps they could WORK IN A FARM, CARRY GOODS IN A CARRIAGE, TRADE WHEAT or what have you.

==> YOUR CHARACTER WILL, EVENTUALLY, FEEL THE URGE TO SLEEP. There will be motels and such to satisty this need. You may also COME UP WITH REASONS TO STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE for the night, such as a reward for a favor, and whatnot.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Bad news guys, my power supply on my computer has died so I will be out of action for a while so that's just terrible, I've got a lot witten down but not finished so I give yamagi permission to bunny me or whatever for the first post by that time I will have a date on hwnr my computer is fixed.

Chalifoux

Years
I would like a grass/fairy Chikorita, a Psychic/fairy Azelf(In my dreams....), and a Ghost/fairy Sunflora(An angel.) Anyone like these? I thing this typing on sunflora would be interesting.

Ghost/Fairy sounds like a mighty fine typing, actually. I'll check in with Josh to se if we can incorporate it at some point ;3

I'd like a fire/dragon Charmandar. I want that lizard to have some dignity.

Delta Species Pokemon are /rarely/ of the same type as their original forms (if at all), so instead of Fire/Dragon, why not... just Dragon, and eventually it might gain a second type as well :3 Dragon/Normal Charizard sounds like a badass 'mon to me ~

For some reason a Ghost onix would be fantastic in my books.

Sir, I require you to provide me with these so-mentioned books, as I'm quite sure that a Ghost Onix that walks thru walls and is not affected by fighting-type moves will be incredibly hilarious to watch :B

We need that Ghost/Ground Metagross up in this.

Ghost/Ground Beldum line?
Please, tell me more ~ :B

The typing I want to see the most is probably, Steel/Fire Blaziken, mhmm. And the moves would be Flash Cannon, Blaze Kick, Iron Headbutt, ??? I'm not sure.

Steel/Fire could be an intriguing typing to play with. But eprhaps not on a Pokemon that is already a fire-type? Like, think of, I don't know, Steel/Fire Ledyba? That just sounds so cool OwO

I was wondering if I could have one of the battle with the wooper/tympoles?

I'd say you can. First tho, who else wishes to participate in the Tympole/Wooper Choir event? Now seems like the time to arrange in a nice, peaceful manner who gets this one event. There will definitely be a lot more and I'd liek it if people who take this one let the others participate in the next one, so yeah. Discuss ~

Bad news guys, my power supply on my computer has died so I will be out of action for a while so that's just terrible, I've got a lot witten down but not finished so I give yamagi permission to bunny me or whatever for the first post by that time I will have a date on hwnr my computer is fixed.

Oh noes! That's definitely unfortunate to hear, but, I'm sure Yamaagi will handle what needs handling in the meantime! ~

ALSO, I did a bit of retconning in previous posts, particularly adding these things:

19/17/14: Editing for convenience. The Pad can also display an option called 'HUB'. which will display any and all data on the player's current team: types, ability stats, moves, gender, you name it. It appears as soon as you have three Pokemon. It works and looks exactly like the Pokemon X/Y party screen, displaying any and all data the aforementioned screen can (cries, sprite movement, party sprites and all that shiz), even measuring the health of a Pokemon in the elusive alien measure known as 'HP'. The only thing it doesn't show is the PP of a move, since we won't work around with such a tedious thing ~

Also, when calling, both caller and receiver will see their Pad's screen displaying the name of the contact calling/being called, as well as a red circle and a green circle under such name. The green circle picks up the call, the red ends it. During a call, once an tap the green button, which will send them back to the main menu while the call runs in the background, thus allowing them to do things such as checking the almanac or hub or whatnot. When this occurs, the green circle remains next to the serial code, and tapping the circle while there will bring the afore mentioned interface for calls.

EDIT: For reference: we boarded the ship at 4pm and arrived to Holon at 7:30. This is all explained because the ship was powered by magic and dreams that will soon break. As you all know there is nothing that can make things go faster than that ~

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Chalifoux on top of things as always~ My internet was out for most of the night and well into the morning. (Its 5am now...) I'll try to have a up tomorrow night or the day after.

I think I'll avoid the event for now. (I want my totodile and I won't stop til i get it. Maybe...)

I can personally visualize most of these Pokemon pretty clearly. I keep having comical scenarios come to mind. Trying to catch a ghost Onix in a mysterious maze anyone?

doge

???
Years
I'd say you can. First tho, who else wishes to participate in the Tympole/Wooper Choir event? Now seems like the time to arrange in a nice, peaceful manner who gets this one event. There will definitely be a lot more and I'd liek it if people who take this one let the others participate in the next one, so yeah. Discuss ~

I'd also like one of the double battle events! (i want dat exp)

Chalifoux

Years
Chalifoux on top of things as always~ My internet was out for most of the night and well into the morning. (Its 5am now...) I'll try to have a up tomorrow night or the day after.

I think I'll avoid the event for now. (I want my totodile and I won't stop til i get it. Maybe...)

I can personally visualize most of these Pokemon pretty clearly. I keep having comical scenarios come to mind. Trying to catch a ghost Onix in a mysterious maze anyone?

If anything I'm just retroactively editing and adding stuff as either I or the players feel the need to have them explained ~ And no worries, I'll be awaiting patiently for your post :3

While I can't actually spoil what stuff y'all will find, I did see a Totodile or two in the pre-made encounters Josh sent me prior to his departure to summer camp. So stay on the lookout for them, you fairy/dragon lovers, you.

And Ooh, maze. I like the idea of an Onix simply going thru all walls. Now picture it using Rollout all over the place :D

I'd also like one of the double battle events! (i want dat exp)

Righty-O!
That means eeveeandmew and you take the Double Battles, as I assume (but do feel free to correct me if my guess is wrong). Now, who of you, my brave players, is willing to take on the choir leader, Palpitoad?

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Righty-O!
That means eeveeandmew and you take the Double Battles, as I assume (but do feel free to correct me if my guess is wrong). Now, who of you, my brave players, is willing to take on the choir leader, Palpitoad?

//raises hand// I'll take it on. Just go easy on me, Palpitoad. lol.

Last edited:
Back