• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magnius Guide to Pokemon Music Hacking

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Wow, this is an interesting tutorial. This should be helpful for giving hacks a pretty good amount of originality.
Thanks for writing this, I'll certainly be reading this and memorizing it for my hack.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
uf using sappy 2005 of course it wont 2006 will
but u can also putthe xml file from 2006 in 2005

the MPlayDef.s file comes with mid2agb not sappy

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
how do you find the base destination offset?

great now Sappy crashes when I try to assemble a song

I've got that problem several times... actually all the time. I dunno why but it's very exhaustive to ask someone else to insert the .s files instead of me. Sappy closes up and the window where says: "Do you wanto... blah blah... the proper table?" doesn't, i mean, It remains there... weird!

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
On AmineX's advice... it is sure wrong. Do not delete the "sappy.xml" file at any chance! It is one of important files which actually display song lists for your ROM. If you delete it, you will have to manually add the list, and if you don't know offsets... well, it will be hard.

Amine, you sound a bit rude sometimes, though it is masked with lack of punctuation and improper grammar. But as I am Slovak (and see pretty similar phrases used also here), I can tell you were... pissed off. Calm down, dude.

AmineX

Music Expert
Years
you will have to manually add the list, and if you don't know offsets... well, it will be hard.
no need just know number of first song and number of last one

xml file file : i got similar probleme at last with vista and when i remove sappy.xml file the probleme dispear

according to what you say/what i understand Martin I would be I insult people with unknow Word?! NEVER

what conserne other thing advises them that I give his stuff that I use personally is which has exellent result I do not force person has to take my advice each is free
it's a pity that I do not understand exactly what some person say
and that some person do not understand what I say U what I want to say so much worse
well now i stop T'OS

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2008
Help With Sappy

I can't open Sappy! A message comes up that says:

Run-time error '339':

Component 'vbalCbEx6.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly

Help me plz!

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
has anyone made a tutorial on voicesets and destination offsets for RSE?
Nope, but lol you're not the first one who's asked and since the demand seems high enough, I'll probably get to working on one soon.

Also look through the topic before asking questions. Many questions that have already been answered are still being asked because people haven't taken the time to look through the topics. A fix for the the 339 error has already been discussed earlier in the topic.

i need some help im trying to insert the pokemon diamond titlescreen midi into fire red but i cant
Be less vague, what do you mean you can't? You can insert anything.

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
Years
im need someone to replace the crappy gym leader battle music on firered with d/p gym leader battle music. also on the same game i need the e4 encounter & battle music to be replaced with d/p champion encounter & battle music. i dont have the knowledgd to do this. please help me, and email me the ips with the music changes only. you are welcome to insert your screename on the gamefreak logo, but if you do, insert fallenleader above your name please!
my email is: [email protected]

Magnius

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
im need someone to replace the crappy gym leader battle music on firered with d/p gym leader battle music. also on the same game i need the e4 encounter & battle music to be replaced with d/p champion encounter & battle music. i dont have the knowledgd to do this. please help me, and email me the ips with the music changes only. you are welcome to insert your screename on the gamefreak logo, but if you do, insert fallenleader above your name please!
my email is: [email protected]
Um... Let me just say, read my tutorials. This topic is for people who want to learn to do it themselves. No ones gonna do it for you. "I don't have the knowledge" is basically like saying "I'm too lazy to read through your tutorials". If I can do it, if clonex25 can do it, if Zel can do it and if tons of other people can, you can too.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
oh yeah i editied the ts music to rayquaza's battle theme in RSE finally! thnx Magnius

Magnius

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
well, hex editing and scripting go waaay over my head. im gonna try a diffrent approach...
This takes no sort of hex editing or scripting though man, all you need is to downlaod the programs and read the tutorials. The fact that you think hex editing has anything to do with this document tells me you haven't read it yet. Scripting has nothing to do with this either. So my advice, just read the document and try to do it. Once you've tried and something wrong comes up, I'll try and help you, but try it first.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Hi again Magnius! I think we've talked on youtube, i'm TarozJallim... whatever.
I wanted to know the requirements for this program to work. I'm asking because my computer seems to simply not assemblinght the songs. I click on "assemble than ugly thing" and the main window is terminated while the window where you 'assemble' is still "working" and obviously the song is not assembled.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Hey, Magnius, which music number is the FR Gym Leader Battle music? And the Champion and Elite Four Music? I can't find Gym Leader... and I haven't really heard the Elite four or Champ music...

Jamiras843

Dee-dee-dee
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
Argh how come when i hit assemble that ugly thing I get Runt time error 13 type mismatch? Ive tried like 10 different midis...

Magnius

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Hey, Magnius, which music number is the FR Gym Leader Battle music? And the Champion and Elite Four Music? I can't find Gym Leader... and I haven't really heard the Elite four or Champ music...
Look down my list of my threads, you'll find a list of Fire Red's song offsets and such. That should be enough to help you.

Jamiras843

Dee-dee-dee
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
Ok, I learned how to do it, it worked for a while, I learned how to loop them thanks to clonex but now when I try to assemble a .s file i get run time error 53 file can not be found... even the most basic .s file cant be converted. I tried replacing all files for Sappy and Mid2GBA and I don't think it could be Kernal32.dll problems (but what do I know) because I'm not getting the same error message. Please help!

HackingSkillz101

Basic Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2008
Awesome!

That was a great tutorial. I'm a newbie and have like no experience editing music in anything whatsoever. Kudoes to you! The poroblem is that my comp. is really slow, so the songs don't play right in the game. Also, I can't find some of the midi that I need.
does anyone have a good site name they can tell me to get midis at?

Back