• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Uh who really Yanma, and Aipom back before gen IV? I'm guessing not many yet they got evolutions. Gf can make evolutions of any pokemon they chose no matter their typing, or if they're too weak or too strong (I don't think GF cares much about the tier system apart from legendary ubers)...as long as they have idea they'll proably use it.

I guess but Sunkern is like the weakest mon competitively other than Magikarp, sooo something so weak it just feels like it'll be forgotten and not touched :( Plus the evolution will likely look like idk Carnivine?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
How did you reach that conclusion? If anything it'll proably be a tall sunflower petals of fire.

Speaking of Carnivine, I would like to see it get the roselia treatment, it's pre evo would be a small sprout, while it's evolution would be a three headed venus flytrap.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
maybe instead of a pre evo for magikarp, an alternate would be better. i saw a meme a while back that was supposed to be magikarp in the middle of evolving and he was still orange and a little fatter but nearly the shape of gyarados, i'd like one like that. maybe a different type or something

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I'm trying to imagine what an evolution of Girafarig would look like. The little head on the tail becomes part of the main head or something, or a two-faced Pokémon where the original tail head has the evil look like the happy/sad masks?

Cyclone

Well That is a good theory. Perhaps if the tail became evil, could it become Normal/Dark?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
ninfia-pokemon-xy.jpg

Some of you were right. A brand new Eeveelution has bean revealed by Corocoro yesterday. My question is; what type isit? It looks Normal to me, but it could be a new type as we're speculating. Just look at this, its name is Ninfia btw. It is a bit pinky, looks like Victiny and has ribbons. I'm glad that we're getting new evo's of older Pokémon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How did you reach that conclusion? If anything it'll proably be a tall sunflower petals of fire.

Speaking of Carnivine, I would like to see it get the roselia treatment, it's pre evo would be a small sprout, while it's evolution would be a three headed venus flytrap.

I... dunno :( but petals of fire does seem kinda badass I just doubt it'll get much attention, still. :x

But yeah if Carnivine had a pre-evolution it better be cute and not too similar to other grass-typed mons.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
ninfia-pokemon-xy.jpg

Some of you were right. A brand new Eeveelution has bean revealed by Corocoro yesterday. My question is; what type isit? It looks Normal to me, but it could be a new type as we're speculating. Just look at this, its name is Ninfia btw. It is a bit pinky, looks like Victiny and has ribbons. I'm glad that we're getting new evo's of older Pokémon.

Yes, while I'm not a fan of Eeveelutions as much as others, I'm glad to see this because that means that other old-Pokémon evolutions and even pre-evolutions are not out of the question like in gen 5.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Okay
I've just saw the new eevolution yesterday and I'm directly went to "WTF?!" reaction.
I'm gonna write something (rant) because of this.

This is so far, is one huge let down that ever happened for me as long as I love Pokemon since 12 years ago. Am i disappointed because Ninfeon design? Yes. Is it because I'm a nostalgia fanboy? No, but I'm used to. I'm no longer complaining about newer Pokemon desings because I'm realize that Pokemon would have to change. It wouldn't be the same forever. It need to evolve.

My expectation spectacularly with many Pokemon of Generation V. There are many Pokemon that I really loved their design as much as I loved Generation III Pokemons/ To name a few, these Pokemons are Volcarona, Zebstrika, Eelektross, Haxorus, and so on. Although there still one Pokemon that I really hate from Generation V untill now (seriously? Ice cream? I'm sure there will be coca cola Pokemon someday).

Eevolutions are always my favorite Pokemons. They are one of the most well designed Pokemon. While most of them look cute and cuddly, they still have their power, showing strength and capabilities of type they represent. They look realistic, while still retain the feel of "pokemon" within them. Eevolutions for me, is what dog/cat for us in real world. They can be cute and just simple pet. But trained them, they can be one mighty battle companion.

Until now. Until Ninfeon (or Ninfeam as the Japanese calls it) appeared. I'm really upset when I'm see it. I couldn't believe that this is suppose to be one of Eevee evolution, sibling of Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon. Eevolution supposed to be great, but this....

I'm really disappointed. I wouldn't be so upset if it not supposed to be another eevolution and just another new Pokemon without connection to Eevee at all. But since they called it one, I can't help but ranting and look at it with disgust and hate.

I looked at it calmly, see the picture of Ninfeon carefully with the intention to know where the part went wrong because I realized that Ninfeon not so bad at all but something still feels wrong. Then, I know it, the culprit, the things that makes me hate it so. The Ribbons.

Its that out-of-place ribbons that make it son un-eevolution. The ribbons look so unnatural compared to other feature that eevolution had. That ribbons feel so atackled and added to them just for the sake of cutesy. It shouldn't be there! At all! If the ribbon would be removed or changed to some more natural shape, I would be satisfied.

Just what happened to you Sugimori Ken? Have lost your touch with the Eevolution? Or this is just the work of your apprentice? I'll hope for the latter. I'll hope Sugimori Ken would mend my wound with another "Volcarona", "Haxorus", "Metagross", or "Empoleon".

sorry for the long rant. I just have....to write it. Somewhere civil.
Here the pic of all eevolution for everybody
Spoiler:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Well with Ninfia, at least we can say older Pokemon will be getting Evo's as well. Bring on the Gen III evo's I say, they all need some massive overhaul's.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Well with Ninfia, at least we can say older Pokemon will be getting Evo's as well. Bring on the Gen III evo's I say, they all need some massive overhaul's.

Who's need overhaul? Most of them are fine I guess. Using "all" is overkill since I thought that Gen III Pokemon have the most neatly designed Pokemon. They are the perfect blend between "realistic" and "pokemon".
Altaria? looks so damn fine. They are a good example to really differentiate Dragon Pokemon design.
Spinda? I guess a evolution would be good but I think they do just fine.
Luvdisc? Well, this is one the gen III Pokemon that need evolution I can think of.
Lunatone and Solrock? No, evolution would ruin their "exoticity"
Wishcash? I think evolution are fine too with this, but it still good without one.
Bannette? Yes, it could have some evolution to have a match with it sibling, Dus-family.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Okay
I've just saw the new eevolution yesterday and I'm directly went to "WTF?!" reaction.
I'm gonna write something (rant) because of this. [...]
Probably the most scary part about our favorite and older Pokémon receiving new evolutions is that sometimes we're not going to like them. I want Absol to gain an evolution, but the biggest fear I have is that I'm not going to like it. The thing is, we either learn to accept them or we choose not to. Then there's the choice of using them, if at all. It's not something that's forced upon us. Either way, it happens. It just happens...

To me, Ninfia's bow and ribbons are to Leafeon's leaves or Vaporeon's tail. It's a part of that Pokémon. It's what makes it different from the other Eeveelutions, but it still has the basics and the common features to be one of them.

This is just pure speculation, but what if those ribbons on Ninfia (that's the actual Japanese name, by the way) are used to represent the item that's used for its evolution? For example, it was speculated in the CoroCoro thread that the "Nin" in Ninfia derives from Ninon. It's a light and delicate type of fabric that's sometimes referred to as the "French tergal." This certainly fits the idea of the new region being based in France as well.

If this is supposedly true, then I think that was quite creative of Sugimori to do and it makes the ribbons / bow feel more apart of who Ninfia is rather than just being there for style.

It's like you said, the designs in Pokémon are going to change. They're never going to be the same as the first generation. The same would have to be said for the Eeveelutions as well. Not everyone likes all of the old Eeveelution designs just as you don't have to like this one. It's all part of the cycle of liking / disliking a Pokémon's design. You win some, you lose some.

You don't have to like Ninfia if you don't want to. Perhaps it'll grow on you, perhaps not. But the best part is that Eevee has seven other evolutions to choose from, seven others than you can use instead of Ninfia.

I'm sure not all of the new Pokémon will disappoint you or some of the new pre-evolutions and evolutions that are likely to come. One Pokémon or even a few never speaks for an entire generation of Pokémon.

Years
After looking at the list of one line families I want a shared pre evolution of the Volbeat and Illumise family now after looking at the list, it can evolve based on Gender (being the first pokemon to have two exclusive gender evolutions while others only have one), a evolution would also be nice, Bug/Fire for Volbeat and Bug/Electric for Illumise.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Evolution
Gen 3 has the largest amount of single stage Pokemon. Most of them, aren't "fine" and do need evolutions.

Agreed. A lot of those need evolutions, and actually there are other single-stage pokemon that could use pre-evos. i.e. Tauros and Miltank.

Imagine hatching a Tauros out of an egg, or a Lapras!

Like I said before, no Pokemon that has previously been created, "needs" an Evolution. They were created as they were on purpose. Any Evolutions we get adding to past lines will be made on a whim pretty much. We just want them to evolve.

While Miltank and Tauros would be cool, I really don't because we've gone 6 Generations without a pre-evolution. And if we had one with them, we'd get one with Volbeat/Illumise and any other special breeding pairs. Kinda don't want all of them to get babies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
shengar said:
Okay
I'm gonna write something (rant) because of this. [...]

Well, that's your opinion; I respect and admire that. Yeah, sometimes we're not going to like what we see with the new pokemon revealed. Not a lot of people like Ninfia too. Maybe they were disappointed that it's been believed that Eeveelutions are supposed to be blunt, a one color, one thing going on design, and Ninfia has ribbon or something coming out of it and has a bow on; too much for an eeveelution. Although I think quite differently from that, but, it's their own opinion. Also, how can it be essential for battling? There's so much factors for it's appeal; I do wonder what GF goes from there.

Maybe Ninfias bows can be taken as a reference to butterfly kites. They're small butterfly shaped kites that have long ribbons trailing behind them in the wind. The "bows" do look like butterflies. Could that represent Flying? Ninfia's design does bear a resemblance to Sklya, Pokémon Black and White's Flying-type gym leader, and the whispy "ribbons" could point to that too.

On another topic, for its typing, I'm liking the Flying type possibility and agree with a lot of the speculations. Sometimes I've heard that Ninfia can be a bug type, because it's bows resemble butterfly wings and it has big eyes. It's already been said that all bows are of that shape, so, I'm not sure about that. And the bit about the eyes, strangely enough, Eevee is the one of its family to have the biggest eyes, so if anything, this is a plus to the Normal type theory.

There's... also the theory that it can be a dragon type, because the coloring scheme reminded people of Dragon, and not Normal. Once I remembered that 3rd gen's Dragon icon's color resemble Ninfia's name's color and Ninfia itself, I felt quite strong about this. Not only that, but it has been said that Dragon is the only original "special" type before gen IV. But yes, it's coloring could also mean Normal, but somebody mentioned that maybe gen VI will have new type icons, possibly giving Dragon the same color scheme as before. And yes, if GF wants to introduce a new type, Ninfia is a great way to do it. Another backup to the Dragon theory would definitely have to be the Zekrom/Reshiram movies. They talked about how all life used this "Dragon energy" in the earth. Maybe this new region is bursting with this Draconic energy? Maybe they'll be a new item that symbolizes this? As the eeveelutions have introduced a new evolving method with them. But, yeah, I can very easily lean towards Flying type.

Mmm, maybe Female Eevee can evolve into Ninfia by some odd means, and male Eevee can evolve into a blue masculine counterpart. That would be cool, but, imo, there has to be a second step to take. Your Eevee would need to hold something or level up near a new rock as a second requirement, but Pokemon's about choices and low requirements. Male Kirlias can become Gardevoirs if the trainer just wants a Gardevoir regardless of gender, so one would be pretty hard pressed to support the claim that Game Freak would continue to make separated gender-based pokemon in such a manner. The only time they had a boy and a girl as separate pokedex entries in the same season was with Nidoran. It doesn't seem likely they would do that again. While I would want to suggest that obtaining a Ninfia would require a hold item or leveling up with other Eevees in your party like activating a sense-of-community sort of function (this ties into those new friendship mechanics mentioned before...somehow!), maybe the Eevee short will show any indication as to what an Eevee must undergo before evolving into it's eighth choice of evolution.

Last edited:

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
We need a Skarmory and Heracross pre or evolution stage.

Is it illegal for Nintendo/Pokemon/Game Freak to jump boat and add a 4th evolution stage or plausible 5th. ex; (Zubat>Golbat>Crobat>???(No branch off evolution like Politoed))

Years
Maybe it evolves upon trading with another Pokémon a la Shelmet. Only it's eevee only who evolves and it could be exposure to Reshiram or Zekrom or Kyurem, or maybe even Victini's energy or a whole new Pokémon.Or maybe upon exposure to Dragon Crystal or the Flying Crystal or Normal crystal depending on what type it is.

Back