• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
1)go to the intro mpa (the intro map must be first).
2)click the little event box on the intro map.
3)near the end the event should be "transfer player" click that and change it to your map.
if their is no "transfer player" near the end (after all the intro,etc) add the transfer player function.

I did - the script says 'Transfer Player:[024 Downstairs at Home], (010,009), Down but the screen still goes black after the intro...Thanks for answering, by the way.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I did - the script says 'Transfer Player:[024 Downstairs at Home], (010,009), Down but the screen still goes black after the intro...Thanks for answering, by the way.

do you have a change "screen color tone" event before the player transfer? if you do, make sure you have one after the transfer that puts the screen color back to normal

Nero9121

Fire Maker
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
Then go into the merged project and make an event and make it control switches. Then copy all of your switches from your game to the merged project.

It says that in the how to update files thing in "notes"...I do not get the part about make it controld switches and copying over switches...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Go to the Options menu in-game, and change it. Save the game afterwards.

Years
Me again. Ok so i added a new pokémon to the game (editing the Pokémon txt file and importing the sprites. On my test map when the character chooses the pokéball which has the pokémon in it; I get the following message:

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):2: syntax error
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1623:in `eval'
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'
Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Thanks.

EDIT: Damn those funny Teddiursa faces, it should be a colon and a 2 there.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Ok, Does anyone know how add more terrain tags because i want to have more battle screens like the snow, dark cave, etc... but i need the terrain tags to make them work.
Any help?

Nero9121

Fire Maker
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
what is the link to see all your projects? i cant find it on ur website poccil

and is there a way i can add a message system to it so players can message eachother in game?

Last edited:

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
I have a question!

How can I change the "Pokeball" pocket name, to "Cards"?

this is a very simple change and will literally take seconds. :P right-click on any of the scripts and click find. and in that space put:
Code:
_INTL("Pokeballs")
click start search and that will take you straight to the pocket names. :D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
does anyone have an item creation script that works with okemon essentials? or any other scripts for that mater (i'm starting to think we need to start making a "pokemon essentials script snippets data bank")

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Well, yaoimutt, there is no item making script, you just head over to the items txt book in the PBS folder, and just edit an item you want to add.

... that doesn't even answer my question, i asked if there was a item creation script, not how do you add a new item.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Oh, well there isn't one.

At least, I think there isn't...

i know there isn't one in the game, but there are people that have put "cooking" games into there pokemon essentials game. so that means that there is one SOMEWHERE out that. Maybe we'll get lucking and someone will be nice enough to post the script, :3, it would be cool to be able to have item creations in the game. don't you think?

anyway,

Champio30

Pokemon: Team Alpha's Revenge
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2014
i know there isn't one in the game, but there are people that have put "cooking" games into there pokemon essentials game. so that means that there is one SOMEWHERE out that. Maybe we'll get lucking and someone will be nice enough to post the script, :3, it would be cool to be able to have item creations in the game. don't you think?

anyway,
http://www.upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#header72 http://www.upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#header72

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Try RPG RPG Revolution. That's where I go for some of my scripts. They do have some scripts on cooking mini-games, and other things. Maybe they have what your looking for. Just google RPG RPG Revolution.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Try RPG RPG Revolution. That's where I go for some of my scripts. They do have some scripts on cooking mini-games, and other things. Maybe they have what your looking for. Just google RPG RPG Revolution.

yeah, but are they pokemon essentials compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back