• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Can't believe how lucky I got on this one. I got it from America for £6 posted, it came after 5 days and is in mint condition. Moves me a step closer to completing Plasma Storm which is conveniently perfect timing since I ordered Blastoise & Charizard Secret Rares last night so once those come in that's it complete. Only Plasma Freeze left, still need 5 Secrets from that set.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
I've come to the conclusion that someone at my local store weighs their booster packs. Haven't gotten any UR's from several packs.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I've come to the conclusion that someone at my local store weighs their booster packs. Haven't gotten any UR's from several packs.

I just don't think I'd have it in me to walk in to a store with a set of scales and do that, it ruins it for everyone else. Really is bad..

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Went back to Walmart where I recently got the Deoxys Full Art and bought 11 packs. I bought 5 more Plasma Freeze packs. I originally picked up 3 packs but went back later and got 2 more. I also got 4 Boundaries Crossed packs and 2 Furious Fists packs, just the first ones on the pegs for BC and FF, I picked out the Plasma Freeze packs in the row of 8.

Spoiler:

Nothing from Boundaries, not surprised as BC is almost impossible to pull from regular packs. The Lucario is my third Full Art Lucario, still looking for a Full Art Heracross. The Lucario is actually my 99th pulled Full Art card. My 100th will most likely be from Primal Clash. I didn't count the five bcbm full arts in the total. The Ultra Ball, much like Deoxys was in the 2 packs I picked up later. It's my second secret rare pulled from Plasma Freeze.

tumblr_njvuhgSp011r12rm4o9_r1_1280.jpg

Years
Spoiler:

It was £8, but take away my £5 for the deck and my £1.50 credit this came to £1.49!! I don't plan on opening it since I now have Plasma Storm complete (bought the 3 secret rares tonight, phew!) and Plasma Freeze (no way I'm pulling a secret rare from this blister) so I don't feel the need. Since Plasma sets are getting harder to find, I'll just sit on this one for a while.

About the only way I buy Plasma Not-Blast/Not-Freeze is from those special packaging. Or the odd Lugia Elite Trainer Box. Love me those pins.

Only things recent for me were 2 Primal Clash packs and a Flash fire from yesterday. Got reverse foil Clamperl, a Blaziken, an Intimidate Mane Pyroar (for 3 total, Fire decking it), and a full art Professor birch observation.

As long as I don't turn into a trade binder troll with three pages of FA Professor Birch, I will buy more Primal Clash and Phantom Forces in next few days. Store nearby has some Gallade Ex boxes and Mega Diancie boxes.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I was so close to getting a Charizard secret rare on ebay, I bid 39.00 and it won at 35.00, I waited one second too long to bid. It was even being sold in my state...

Always bid at 2 secs and not 1 sec.

Maybe I'll find some more Plasma Storm packs at Target and get it.

Also looking on ebay and saw a psa 10 m charizard x secret rare that had a 99 cent starting bid and is now up to $705.00.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Made a big purchase tonight! Selling one of my limited wrestling figures so I treated myself to something I'd been watching for a while. A full set of Boundaries crossed minus FA's & Secrets for £45. Much cheaper than messing around with a Booster Box.
Already tonight I've ordered :
White Kyurem Full Art, Black Kyurem Full Art, Celebi & Cresselia Full Arts, Bianca & Cheren and a Rocky Helmet Secret Rare.
Really good deals on them. I'm waiting to hear back on a Keldeo then only 2 more Full Arts and 3 secrets.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Got this in the mail this morning, just waiting on Charizard now (hopefully tomorrow!!).

Spoiler:

Reactions: Fil
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I went to Meijers today, my Primal Clash booster box will be arriving either today, tomorrow or Wednesday so I got 6 loose packs of Plasma Blast and Boundaries Crossed and 3 of the Primal Clash 3 packs.

I've only opened the 6 singles right now which were 4 Plasma Blast and 2 Boundaries Crossed. Meijers only had 4 PB and 5 BC packs on the shelf but I tried the bending test and picked out 2 of the BC packs that felt stiff and put 3 back.

In the end I ended up getting Genesect Ex, Skyla Full Art and Jirachi Ex, as well as 3 non holo rares. So it seems my local Meijers keeps finding 4-6 loose B&W sets in their backroom with ex's/ultras in them and putting them out. In my last post I said the Lucario FA was my 99th Full Art pulled and this Skyla is my 100th full art pulled from a pack. And whats interesting about that is it's only my second Skyla Full Art pulled ever and my first Skylar Full Art came in 6 packs that I pulled 3 ultras out of from Target.

A weird thing about the PB packs was they were wrinkled, like they weren't lined up on the top. I've opened PB loose packs before where the first uncommon was upside down, so these issues seem to affect groups of singles.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I was actually gutted when I went to the door this morning and there was only one envelope but boy I was happy when I got it. I have the whole set of Boundaries Crossed coming and this is the card that made me decide I wanted to get the set.

Spoiler:

Such a beautiful card, not as mint but I'm not complaining as its only a couple spots.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I went ahead and opened the 3 3 packs and got two full arts, an Archie's Ace in the Hole and a Sharpedo. As expected they were both in the Mega Aggron packs. So it seems the full art supporters are incredibly easy to get in Primal Clash unlike Phantom Forces. For comparison I've pulled 3/4 of them already and in PF I pulled all the Pokemon full arts as well as most of the regular ex's before the full art supporters. Also neither are miscut so that makes getting them better since a majority of the full arts in the set are miscut. Here's some pictures of all the cards together.

Spoiler:

I'm just hoping my box contains new cards since I've already pulled 6 different full arts from the set. Maybe the box will contain Kyorge or Groudon cards since I've only pulled a Primal Groudon Ex of the legendaries, though Gardevoir Full Art is the card I want the most from the set.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Pulled a M Aggron EX and a Holo Kingdra ancient trait card from two 3 pack blisters

would like to pull a full art sometime!!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened my box today,

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So I did get 6 ultras and 5 holos, including 1 secret rare, 2 full arts and 3 ex's. I usually have bad luck with boxes so I wasn't surprised my first full art in the box was a duplicate.
This is my first secret rare pulled from a booster box. Also most of the packs were lightly glued and opened just by touching them so I did get perfect pack art for all the packs now. I also got a bunch of new rev's. But I didn't get any Kyorge Spirit Link's which is the only uncommon I'm missing now.

Here's my complete Primal Clash collection so far. Groudon and Kyorge seem to be avoiding me at this point.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Got a bubble envelope and 6 Letters in today, safe to say it was a good card day. I got my set of Boundaries Crossed in (minus Full Arts & Secrets) plus 6 Full Arts. I'm only 7 away from completing it already and I have them all ordered so it should be complete really soon. I decided to just go the complete set BCBM on this one. A box was £100 and with so many EX's & Holos it would have cost me a fortune. I only paid £45 for the set so too good an offer to pass on. The Full Arts and Secrets were quite cheap as well so all in all it was a great way to do it...

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Just ordered a Japanese 1st Edition Wild Blaze Booster Box from Japan for £23 delivered. I plan on keeping this one sealed. Planning on getting all the XY sets in Japanese to keep sealed.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
got two more of those blister packs

best pulls were a holo milotic and holo excadrill (half-art)

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Had a good mail day today.. Plasma Storm is complete, got my Secret Rare Charizard in. Also 3 more cards towards Boundaries Crossed, only waiting on 4 and it's complete as well. Last night I ordered a Mega Charizard Battle Deck from Japan for £12, gonna keep both that and Wild Blaze box sealed.

Spoiler:

Also made an offer on a Full Art N from Noble Victories, by far my most wanted card since I started collecting. Can't believe its taken me this long to get around to getting one.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Sweet^^^

in regards to the 15th anniversary pikachu

Im debating of whether to buying the card ($115ish) or the entire box (sealed lowest 160ish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back