• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rusty II

When would you like the game to be released?

• Total voters
Years
Hey everyone I have been working on a game called Pokemon Rusty II for the past two years. I am near completion now and I wanted to know what everyone else thought. If you want to see my game click the link below to go to the official Pokemon Rusty II website. I will post screenshots, If you want more, go to my site

I will just post the link here in case I change my signature: http://www.freewebs.com/pkmn-rusty

Years
007 said:
it told me 4 hours and 10 seconds to download. sorry i would like to play but i have not the time to be doing that type of download.
That's wierd.. It took me about that to upload, but i have dial-up..

Ok I have worked it out, Freewebs is making the download take too long, if you go to the downloads section and go to DarkMage's site, the link there is much faster, like only 20 mins or something. Here is the link in case you don't know what i'm talking about: http://darkmage310.tripod.com/darkmage31clubhome/id3.html
It's right down the bottom..

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
*waaaaaaaaa*
Tripod just brought down my site! They thought I was abusing some Liscense Terms thingummy, but I really wasn't!

In any case, I really liked your game. I have some comments:
~I like the title screen- no need to use mine
~Good intro, inspired me to make one for my game
~Love the spinning "Rusty" after the intro "press start' thing
~Great picture usage for the "Mysterious woman." I thought you can see the WB logo in the corner though...
~The tilesets are all messed up in the pokemon center. But I just held down <ctrl> and walked to the PC to check it out. I like the door idea, taken right out of Pokemon Galaxy!
~Nice ABC. You should add some variety, like long ranged attacks. That would make it that much cooler
~I like how the enemy trainers run off with a "****" when you defeat them.
~Good visible/random encounter option
~When I opened the game, none of your Common events, switches, events, or variables were named! Is that because of the patch you use?
~When arranging your party in the PC, You can only set your first pokemon. Maybe some more options???

That's all I can think of right now, so good luck and nice job!

Years
~Thanks, I had a few others but this one was my favourite
~I worked very hard on my intro, just think it could be better though..
~I really thought the spinning letters would add a lot of effect
~Ok that's noted, i will probably change that anyway..
~I will fix the tilesets as soon as i can. Yes the pokemon storage system in Galaxy was the best i could find, so i mimicked it as much as i could.
~I have worked a lot on the ABS, And there was an option for long ranged attacks, but I just didn't have the correct graphics. In the end, I spent too much time coding for such a little detail.
~What else would you say?
~Yes i really like that addon. That way you can see what you want to battle and even (if you want) run away from it lol. Took a lot out of me though
~No that's just so people can't steal various parts of the game. I can send you a version with all the variable names and switches etc.
~Sure I will put in some more options, what did you have in mind? I just couldn't think of anything else to do with your pokemon.

Years
Does anyone think I should kep the system graphics I have or switch to the new ones? Hey Darkmage, could I use yours?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Sure, I'm going to say this once and for all:

THE SYSTEM GRAPHIC IN POKEMON LUNAR IS PUBLIC!!! EVERYONE CAN USE IT IN THEIR GAMES

*panting* Yes, go ahead and use it. I think it'll make it more pokemon-esque

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
No problem. It's so satisfying to see your work in other people's games. BTW, I'm going to make some changes so you can have two lines of text instead of four like in the real pkmn games. I'm doing some tests now.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
'tis okay. It's being used in enough peoples' games already to make me very happy! I don't know why people get so hyper about people using their graphics... it's great to see your stuff in others' games. Oh well.

Years
Fixed a bug where the battle halted when fighting leaf bandits.. I have gotten a bit further with the new battle sytem as well.... Uh this is tough

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
For the PC, you should have options like set position 1, position 2, position 3, and position 4 instead of just 1. Get Pokemon 2k for rm2k. They've got something like that

Years
Do you mean me? I have never played pokemon 2k, can you give me a link or something? It is always good to get more experience before trying new things.. I think we chould do the battle system before we start thinking about the PC

Ok sorry I didnt understand properly (thought u were talking about the new game).. I will consider putting these options into the game.. but I would have to change around all the old battle options to include this..

Back