• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
That looks like an Egg, so I have a new conclusion. It's the Joy type!

Wait, that's corny.

I'm sticking with Ghost.

Cyclone

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I'm still going with Flying, if not Light.

Also, that "egg" :

2eknnsp.png

Has a wing in it! COINCIDENCE? I TINKS NOT.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I'm still going with Flying, if not Light.

Also, that "egg" :

2eknnsp.png

Has a wing in it! COINCIDENCE? I TINKS NOT.

I was reminded of Skyla's Gym Badge when I saw it xD Combine that with Sylveon's colors and I think we know that in order to get Sylveon you have to let Skyla borrow your Eevee!

I kid, I kid! :p But I do think that wing is far too wing-like to just be a random shape.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Oh, and you wanna know why it's egg-shaped?

'CAUSE BIRDIES LAY EGGS.

I think we have solved the mystery. Just wait and see.

Also, behind Sylveon's right ear, there's another arched wing-like depiction. Looks like an eagle wing, but it's not as evident.

That other wing is way too obvious, though. And the fact, y'know, it's TOTALLY AN EGG = birds = flapflapflap.

Spoiler:

Evidence To Support Flying-Type Theory

- Butterfly ribbons depict both flying and mimic Skyla's hair tie
- Flowing ribbons are the same style and shape as Wingull's wings; Wingull being a flying-type
- Wing-like symbol in its "egg" in the new trailer
- The fact that it is encased in an "egg," whereas in real-life birds lay eggs

Plus, a lot of Flying types are Normal/Flying. It's not impossible (although it would be breaking a trend) that this Eeveelution is Flying/Normal, based on its looks, its colours and its attacks - which so far, have been very not Flying-like.

Evidence Against

- Colour Palette is more Normalish
- No wings = flawed design for a Flying type
- Attacks seen so far are not very Flying-like

Hmm.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Maybe that " wing" is really a 90 degrees flipped fang/tooth, and Dragons lay are said to eggs too...

Perhaps, but if it is a Dragon-type, then I know where Nintendo got their inspiration from...

Spoiler:

And we wouldn't want that, would we :(

And so far, to my knowledge, there are no "cute" style Dragons. Dragons are mean, vicious, jagged-tooth, clawed creatures with ginormous wings and slashing tales. They are strong, muscular, manly beasts!

All of which Sylveon... is not.

Dragons

The only cutiepie is Dratini/Dragonair (which evolves into manly Dragonite) and Altaria. But again, Sylveon doesn't share many Dragon traits as of now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sylveon doesn't really share anything with Skyla though. That was a rushed conclusion brought up with very little actual support. The colors aren't right and Skyla's hair pin/bow is a flower, not a butterfly. The colors are closer to Iris' champion dress which has a pale ribbon in the back and a bow on the front.

Also the "wing" is the same shape as Burgh's badge not Skyla's.

Insect_Badge.png
Insect
Jet_Badge.png
Jet

Its closer to Insect than Jet.

I think the shapes on the egg are just coincidence as the ones behind the ear we'll never be able to make out. If the top part isn't two separate images like I think then it looks like a claw/tooth.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I still find it strange as a Flying type. I would never have thought of those entrails as wings. But yeah, I didn't notice the wing in the egg (the egg clearly meant, I think, to symbolize that it's still new and not in use yet, as well as anything else).

The point by Xander that it looks more like Burgh's Bug Badge, however...how many of you people chose Bug? I did think the eyes could pass for that, so it's looking like those are the two leading candidates based on this new egg shape. I wasn't convinced enough to put it in front of a Dragon possibility, though I had no founded reason for Dragon typing.

Supporting the Bug theory, which is not much posted on here, I found the following which I will quote from another message board (I'm assuming this is allowed, but if not, I will edit it down to relevant points or just link). This was posted way back in mid-February.

Now, we know the Japanese name 'Ninfia'

We know the English name 'Sylveon'

and while people have made the connection that Sylve = Sylph = flying

I believe that looking at the German and French names (which everyone seems to be forgetting) reveals a lot more than the English name.

In German Ninfia is known as 'Feelinara' which sounds like feeling or feline (possibly hinting to the fact that Eevee can evolve through the new bond mechanic)

In French however Ninfia is known as Nymphali = Nymph = Woodland forest creature.

However, when you translate Nymphale (sounding a lot like Nymphali) into English you get 'Pupal'

Which is defined by the English dictionary as:

"The nonfeeding stage between the larva and adult in the metamorphosis of holometabolous insects, during which the larva typically undergoes complete transformation within a protective cocoon or hardened case."
That sounds Buggy to me.

So I would say this is a valid possibility, and Flying and Bug have become the two top candidates. I'm eating crow on my immediate Ghost guess, as Bugs can also be quite light compared to other types.

Cyclone

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Maybe it's a new take on a new Flying-type badge in Region X&Y :P

Or it could be a purposefully inverted Insect Badge as to match the butterfly ribbons and hint on it being a Flying type.

Also, as of now, all the other eeveelutions have symbols around them reflecting their type. Something on that egg has to not be coincidence, and I'd say the fact that a) it's an egg, and b) it has a wing-like thing on it.

But I can see Dragon being a possibility, too; it's just that, although Sylveon shares very little Flying characteristics (other than Wingull ribbons that are flowy), I can see zero Dragon features. That'd be one weird Dragon type.

And if it's Bug... Well, the eyes kinda remind me of Butterfree's and Butterfree's shiny palette definitely makes sense. Insects also lay eggs in real life, too. I still don't think it's insect though. Look at that moveset! If it doesn't look Flying-ish, it certainly isn't Bug-ish.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Though what if sylveon is not a one type Pokemon maybe it's two types. Like Normal Flying and such what do you guys think? :3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just found out by someone on Pokejungle...the "Wing" thing is Sylveon's Ear sideways. They actually DO match up...so trolly XD

But I can see Dragon being a possibility, too; it's just that, although Sylveon shares very little Flying characteristics (other than Wingull ribbons that are flowy), I can see zero Dragon features. That'd be one weird Dragon type.

I see 0 Flying features. All the features mentioned to support Flying don't support it being a flying type to me and to a few others. To me the ribbons support Dragon as some dragons have barbel or whiskers tendrils that they can freely move. Her color scheme is closer to Iris who is a Dragon Pokemon Trainer. The Fang thing but that's pretty much an irrelevant association, and its the only Special type not yet done. Everything screams Dragon type for me.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
So if the wing is actually its ears...

Then its ears must be wings!

/genius

But Nintendo's probably laughing at us right now :( trolls.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So if the wing is actually its ears...

Then its ears must be wings!

/genius

But Nintendo's probably laughing at us right now :( trolls.

They are always laughing at us with fat wads of bills flying through the air as we buy their products.

Also Gamefreak/TPC XD Nintendo didn't design or advertise either of these.

Sylveon is an Engima...I'm calling it the Enigma type from now on until its type is revealed~

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
There's no serious evidence of anything really, hence why we're all speculating it on looks, possibilities of where it's name comes from, etc.

At least it looking 'airy/windy' or maybe coming from sylph, and the wieght is a way we can see it as a Flying-type, along with a few other possible reasons for that and Normal or Ghost; If anything, Dragon is the craziest thought because that thing doesn't have any Dragon-like qualities(nor does it seem to have anything behind it on that), the colors don't mean much at this point, and they can easily pull away from the whole 'special type' "pattern" if they wanted to.

EDIT: Wow I'm late getting back into this. This response was for an earlier post by metalhand. XD

You know what? What someone else brought up on another site can also be interpreted from the egg-like appearance around Sylveon to help out the Flying theory. The top left part behind Sylveon(while we cannot make it out 100%) looks to resemble a slanted Zephyr Badge(Falkner), the middle section resembles an upside down Feather Badge(Winona), and the last one can just be slightly based off of the Jet Badge(Skyla), so as to not be so obvious, or it could just be a wing...or just Sylveon's ear as someone else pointed out. Although it's all still meaningless as of now, along with the egg thing, that's how it can be interpreted into the Flying theory, haha.

Last edited:
Years
There's no serious evidence of anything really, hence why we're all speculating it on looks, possibilities of where it's name comes from, etc.

At least it looking 'airy/windy' or maybe coming from sylph, and the wieght is a way we can see it as a Flying-type, along with a few other possible reasons for that and Normal or Ghost; If anything, Dragon is the craziest thought because that thing doesn't have any Dragon-like qualities(nor does it seem to have anything behind it on that), the colors don't mean much at this point, and they can easily pull away from the whole 'special type' "pattern" if they wanted to.

EDIT: Wow I'm late getting back into this. This response was for an earlier post by metalhand. XD

You know what? What someone else brought up on another site can also be interpreted from the egg-like appearance around Sylveon to help out the Flying theory. The top left part behind Sylveon(while we cannot make it out 100%) looks to resemble a slanted Zephyr Badge(Falkner), the middle section resembles an upside down Feather Badge(Winona), and the last one can just be slightly based off of the Jet Badge(Skyla), so as to not be so obvious, or it could just be a wing...or just Sylveon's ear as someone else pointed out. Although it's all still meaningless as of now, along with the egg thing, that's how it can be interpreted into the Flying theory, haha.
right now i'm not reject any theory because like you said sylveon seems like everything and like nothing we know, just that when i wrote those things it was before the new trailer published and cyclone and Yusshin new theories, now that i saw all of this flyng and bug seems like true possibillty

damn you gamefreak, everytime there is a new trailer everything about sylveon getting more complicated! XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
- No wings = flawed design for a Flying type

Just remember Doduo/drio, Gyarados, the Hoppip line, Mantine/tyke, Tropius, Rayquaza, Drifloon/blim, Fan Rotom, Sky Shaymin, Incarnate Tornadus, and both formes of Thunderus and Landorus--wings aren't necessary for a Flying-type if it makes sense otherwise.

We could very well see Sylveon use its ribbons as wings, ha ha! x3

And I like the idea of birds laying eggs + Sylveon being in an egg shape.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just remember Doduo/drio, Gyarados, the Hoppip line, Mantine/tyke, Tropius, Rayquaza, Drifloon/blim, Fan Rotom, Sky Shaymin, Incarnate Tornadus, and both formes of Thunderus and Landorus--wings aren't necessary for a Flying-type if it makes sense otherwise.

We could very well see Sylveon use its ribbons as wings, ha ha! x3

And I like the idea of birds laying eggs + Sylveon being in an egg shape.

Mantyke and Mantine have wing like appendages and Tropius has wings.

Bugs and Dragons also lay eggs so its not a very solid clue.

Years
i really wish sylveon will be a new type, not because i really want one(i don't care ift a new type will be introduced), just because i don't want the bug/flying/dragon/ghost/normal eeveelution look like this, to me it doesn't seems to fit any of those types

Back