• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Machamps: $2 to $5.

Charizard: $15 to $25, I think. Kind of hard to tell given that the prices are all over the place for successful auctions and the picture for each auction could be misleading, especially with regards to Base Set Charizard cards. Also because, since it's so well known, there may be a lot of people uneducated on its worth buying it, or overvaluing it themselves for nostalgia.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Mint - Base - 1st edition

Venusaur
Mewtwo
Magneton

guy at the mall is selling them for $100 each, but I dont think they are worth that much. Any Thoughts

Years
yeah, thats what I figured.

I told him i'd go $130, he countered saying they were shadowless and 1st edition, "So they are super rare"

Super rare, but nowhere near what he's asking, unless they're PSA graded.

Verifying ungraded prices since i was on my mobile last night:
Venusaur goes for between $40 and $60. Mewtwo catches anywhere between $20 and $80, but primarily goes for between $30 and $50. Magneton has gone for anywhere from $6 to $50, but it's safe to assume $20 to $40 is the sane range for both seller and buyer. Max within the reasonable ranges: $150 for all 3. Minimum within the reasonable ranges: $90 for all 3.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
Hi im just wondering how much a complete holo 1st edition dutch pokemon set is worth. Ive got all 15 holo's. All have been graded by PSA. 13 out of 15 are graded psa mint 9 and i have alakazam gem mint 10 and poliwrath also gem mint 10.

Thanks for your time.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
Venusaur - base 2 - shadow -18/130 - holo - M
Registeel EX - hidden secrets- shadowless- 99/101 - Reverse holo - NM
Blaines Arcacine japanese - I don't know, white pokeball with the word gym under it - shadow -N055 -holo - NM
Scizor - neo discovery - shadow - 29/75 - holo - M
Gengar - fossils - shadow- 20/62 - non holo - M
Pinsir - hidden legends - shadowless -13/101 - holo - M
Nidoking - basic - shadow - 11/102 - holo - NM

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
i've got a lot of cards to show, and i dont know what packs they come from so im posting the pictures of them here
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

i know i posted a lot of cards and i have no time to see if anyone has posted any of these but can someone please help me out? you dont have to answer all of them. just the ones that you know of

Last edited:
Years
Sorry, everyone, had a bit of a busy week, and also lacked the willpower to sit through pricing cards (tedious task, really)! Kinda surprised no one else came through and attempted pricing any, though. Those attempts are always appreciated.

Hi im just wondering how much a complete holo 1st edition dutch pokemon set is worth. Ive got all 15 holo's. All have been graded by PSA. 13 out of 15 are graded psa mint 9 and i have alakazam gem mint 10 and poliwrath also gem mint 10.

Thanks for your time.

That's going to be a tough one, since foreign language sets aren't very sought after in the English speaking world. There was a Dutch 1st Edition Base Set from the UK that sold for the equivalent of $38.12 USD on March 11th, but I can't tell if that's just part of the set or the entire set. It seems pretty low since a PSA 9 Dutch 1st Edition Alakazam went for about $16 on March 17th. Maybe try the equivalent of $75 to $100 USD in whatever currency you're trying to sell it in? Dutch cards don't seem to be very sought after.

Venusaur - base 2 - shadow -18/130 - holo - M
Registeel EX - hidden secrets- shadowless- 99/101 - Reverse holo - NM
Blaines Arcacine japanese - I don't know, white pokeball with the word gym under it - shadow -N055 -holo - NM
Scizor - neo discovery - shadow - 29/75 - holo - M

Whoa whoa whoa. Too many at once. I have a rule about requesting no more than 4 cards at a time in place because if people continuously request 8 cards at a time (especially when multiple people do so as is the case here), whoever chooses to price them (usually ends up being me) will easily be spending more than an hour just pricing cards, and pricing cards is a tedious task! I'll just be pricing the first 4 this time and if you want the others priced, you'll have to come back again and ask for 4 more to be priced. So, for your first 4:

Venusaur Base 2: Seems to be going for between $10 and $15.
Registeel ex (not a reverse holo in this instance since that's how ex cards normally are) Hidden Legends: $8 to $12.
Japanese Blaine's Arcanine: $1 to $3.
Scizor Neo Discovery: I'm inclined to say this is a fake since, to my knowledge, the 29/75 print of this card was never holo in any form. However, the 10/75 print, which looks identical aside to the 29/75 print aside from being holo and having a different collector's number, may have been what you meant?

i've got a lot of cards to show, and i dont know what packs they come from so im posting the pictures of them here
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

i know i posted a lot of cards and i have no time to see if anyone has posted any of these but can someone please help me out? you dont have to answer all of them. just the ones that you know of

Whoa there. That's a bit more than 4. I'll do the first 4 for the same reasons I gave to ryuryu22, and if you want more done, you'll have to come back and ask for 4 more.

Dark Flareon Team Rocket - I do not price uncommons. See the first post for the general price range of these.
Reverse Holo Mew from EX Legend Maker: $4 to $7.
Suicune Pokemon 4Ever Promo: $2 to $3.
Sabrina's Slowbro: Uncommon. Not pricing. Also severely damaged, so it's barely worth the paper it's printed on.

Okay, that should catch us up within the confines of what I'm willing to price, which is outlined in the first post for those curious.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
okie okie ,
:]

Years
okie okie ,
:]

Fossil Gengar 20/62: $1 to $4.
Hidden Legends Pinsir (reverse holo): $1 to $2.
Shadowed Base Set Nidoking: $3 to $6.

ok well can you please do the other ones? please? pretty please?

Just the next 4 for now. I have already stated my limitations on how many per person I will price at a time, as well as my reasons for only doing so few. It's also a challenge trying to even see what card you posted with how huge the pictures are. You'll want to try shrinking them by either uploading them to a site that automatically readjusts the size of the picture (such as Photobucket), or opening it up in a photo editing program to shrink the picutre down to about 1/5th of its original size.

And after looking, those next 4 are all commons and uncommons, and the value for those is stated in the first post of this thread.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
I have four first edition holo shadowless from the base set.
Blastoise 2/102
Chansey 3/102
Nidoking 11/102
Poliwrath 13/102

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
how much is my card worth-if anything?

Hey guys, so I found this old Japanese card in my drawer yesterday, looks like it's supposed to be Giovanni's/Rocket's Meowth but I can't seem to find it online anywhere. Is it rare?

Years
Hey guys, so I found this old Japanese card in my drawer yesterday, looks like it's supposed to be Giovanni's/Rocket's Meowth but I can't seem to find it online anywhere. Is it rare?

Colourfulcynic, I've gone ahead and merged your post into the appropriate thread for this type of thing.

As it's an uncommon, in perfect condition it'd be worth somewhere around $0.50 USD, but since it's in such ratty condition you'd be lucky to get even 1/5th of that value right now for it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
I just found, to my own surprise, one of the oh-so-famous Holo Charizard (4/102) from the base set in my old childhood collection. Sadly for me however, it's not 1st Edition. But it does have shadows, since that matters.
There's a lot of different prices on ebay, so I just wonder what you think it's worth?

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
I just found, to my own surprise, one of the oh-so-famous Holo Charizard (4/102) from the base set in my old childhood collection. Sadly for me however, it's not 1st Edition. But it does have shadows, since that matters.
There's a lot of different prices on ebay, so I just wonder what you think it's worth?

In near mint It's worth about 30$ and if in any other conditions about 10$ to 15$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back