• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Plot, Planning & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I don't mind the skinniness myself, as I use a modern - it looks like it could go to 800px without any damage though.

I think it depends on the roleplay / how long your posts are going to be. Your CSS would be super for short posts, but would make long posts look awkward and long.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Well, I'm trying to make it reasonably skinny, because even though I use one of the widest themes I know a lot of people use default and other, much thinner themes, and I don't want to break their width or anything. I was going to use percent but it can be really wonky on phones and other varying devices, so I was hoping to use percent. Technically with the icon and all it is, if I remember correctly, six hundred pixels wide. Is there a possibly better pixel width or some solution you think would be best, all things considered?
The CSS might be 600px wide, but the text is probs 500px or so. I'd say go with the percentage if you can. CSS does not seem to work properly on most mobile devices (especially for the Nintendo ones) so I like to think if you're making CSS, you're making it for PC users.

If you are concerned how it would look on thinner themes, switch to said theme to test it out. Easy done. But there are lots of different variations that would change how your CSS looks. Text size, monitor size, window size (I often have windows half size to multitask), resolution, etc.

So you're creating a CSS for the majority. You can't cater for everyone.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Here's one at 800px width. I attempted a percent-width, but it destroys the illusion of the window and it is impossible to make it look the same at varying width percents. Having pixel lengths means I can keep everything in the proper place no matter the width setting.

CHNPTN — 銀ヤミ — Academy

Text text texty texttext text.Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text.

Text text texty texttext text.Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text. Text text texty texttext text.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Can I get some opinions? :)

Spoiler:

a) How is the writing? Does it make sense? Should I add more detail to the quirks of Oakley?
b) The Logbook section may be developed further to give more detail, but I don't want it too tedious to read. The lines (|||) are red and would turn green as players complete the task.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, hopefully this thread gets some more action soon. In the meantime, though...

ao_no_exorcist_logo_png_by_guto_strife_1-d3eaas5.png

What would you guys think of an Ao No Exorcist Roleplay? I sort of had an idea for it (after completely marathoning the series, movie included) and if it would work well in this setting. If you haven't watched/read it, I would highly recommend it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Very doable. Especially with the academy vs. mission life. I've actually got notes written down for a Ao Ex roleplay I planned back just before the anime came out.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
So I've been in a Digimon phase as of late. With a little (a lot) of help from Kiklion, I have this for people to look over. Comment, criticize, and recommend to your heart's content. I'm sure there will be a lot of it.

Gods Among Us // A DigiRP
With the creation of the real world's Astanoff-Berry Computer, an artificial lifeform known as Yggdrasil, the Master Computer, formed and with it, the foundations to a realm called the Digital World. The artificial entity evolved as the real world's computer age progressed, giving it the ability to gain knowledge and power with which it used to shape and form the Digital World and eventually the data which would be used for its first inhabitants. The rate at which the World formed was astounding. In an attempt to evolve it further, Yggdrasil subjected it to a time-shift. Days in the new world were mere minutes compared to that of the real world and by the time the computer age reached what it has today, the Digital World had seemingly finished in its development.

The seventy years of real-time translated to hundreds of thousands of digital cycles. In that time, the Digital World changed in a manner akin to that of Earth. Its continents shifted, its islands and mountains were created and destroyed. Within an even shorter amount of time, Yggdrasil designed and created five realms based upon the cardinal directions of the world and its center. In hopes to give each realm strength and protection, the Sovereigns, a group of five digital lifeforms, were created. From there on, Yggdrasil, with help from the Sovereigns, created enough inhabitants to support the Digital World.

Yggdrasil's influence slowly grew minimal as it watched its new world. Before long, the data of the world began changing on its own and new lifeforms, now known as Digimon, formed without a creator. Yggdrasil knew its work was almost finished, so in its final effort to insure that the world would be successful, it created another race of lifeform whom he simply named the Guardians. These being, human in appearance and seemingly all-knowing, would be the protectors of the world when it was in need.

***​

In 2014, nearly seventy human years later, the Digital World parallels the Real World in many aspects and both are seemingly at the height of their prosperity. That is, of course, until something upsets the balance. Within a matter of months in the Real World, the Digital one was turned upside down. The Digital World and the Digimon who resided in it quickly began to change, almost as if their data was rewritten. Digimon seen as evil by others began to side more with the Digimon of good alignment and for awhile, things were even more peaceful than one would believe.

The peace was short-lived, however, as Digimon who originally were seen as good became evil. Balance was once again restored, but the numbers of now evil Digimon began to overwhelm those of the good. The Guardians quickly stepped in, but they could not find the source of the problem. There was only one possible explanation: The source was on the outside in the world of humans. They could do nothing to stop what was happening, at least not until they found the Great Prophecy that had been left behind by the great Yggdrasil.

As the seeds of change bloom,
an evil's venom grows stronger.
In time our lands will cripple,
our good will fall ill to its will,
and peace will be no more.
But with a simple call,
great warriors will come
and peace will be restored.​

Years
@Watchmen - The story itself seems fine, although I'm not sure how these "great warriors" are going to save anything from inside the world if the problem is from outside. My only other question is what the mechanics of the RP are.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I was actually thinking about that pretty soon after I posted and I was planning on changing it to something like:

The peace was short-lived, however, as Digimon who originally were seen as good became evil. Balance was once again restored, but the numbers of now evil Digimon began to overwhelm those of the good. The Guardians quickly stepped in, but they could not find the source of the problem. The source of the problem could be anywhere, even in the Human world. They could do nothing to stop what was happening, at least not until they found the Great Prophecy that had been left behind by the great Yggdrasil.

And then changing the prophecy to "great warriors who can traverse the worlds will come".

I hope that clears up any problem story-wise. Mechanics-wise however, I was going for a mix of Adventure (Crests and Armor Digivolution) and Tamers (Particularly Bio-Merging). Of course, more mechanics are there (Although they don't come directly to mind) so if there's anything specific, feel free to ask. C:

Years
@Watchman - Personally I think you'd be better of with either just crests or just bio-merging (or what was the one with the like armour stuff... or was that bio-merging?). I didn't really follow digimon further than adventures.

I think that the biggest thing, will be being careful with your mechanics and remembering that you need to try and make it accessible to those without much knowledge of the series without it becoming boring to those who know it or spouting too much information.

The fix to the story was good though.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
@Watchman - Personally I think you'd be better of with either just crests or just bio-merging (or what was the one with the like armour stuff... or was that bio-merging?). I didn't really follow digimon further than adventures.

I think that the biggest thing, will be being careful with your mechanics and remembering that you need to try and make it accessible to those without much knowledge of the series without it becoming boring to those who know it or spouting too much information.

The fix to the story was good though.

Bio-merging was where the Tamers and Digimon merged to reach their mega/final form, which in this case, goes perfectly well with crests in more ways than one. I do have a mechanics section worked out where the multiple forms of digivolution and digivices are explained. I am also currently writing up a section on the world's mechanics as well as a little blurb over combat.

Years
@Watchman - I'd like to see the mechanics section if that's okay with you, it would be easier to critique that way.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Spoiler:

I've been planning this RP for so long, and although I won't be posting it immediately [not immediate at all, maybe a month or two] I want to see what critiques everyone else has for this less-than-rookie GM and his idea, haha.

Years
I went through that dinosaur RP and fixed any spelling or grammar errors I found. I still need to find a map though and I thought I'd post it here to see if anyone picks up on something I have missed.

Spoiler:

edit: okay, why the hell is my CSS going weird everywhere?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
So gimmepie asked me to post this on his behalf, as his computer is screwing up the CSS (not to mention the fact that he was also the previous poster).

Read. Be interested. Make comments. Yeah, that kind of stuff.

Spoiler:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Nakuzami/Gimme, I just read the thingie you posted, and my first thought was 'The title is kinda hard to see'. My second thought was 'Holy crap, I'm going to join this as soon as it's up'.

I like that you're taking a thing that's been done, with superpowers and such, giving it an X-men sorta feel to it, and finally putting it underground of all places. I think the setting seems very interesting, and the wraiths are very mysterious. Please post it in the OOC so I can sign up right away! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Naku, that sounds amazing! But what Basty said, I agree with. It's a bit tedious to read. You should change the backgroudn for the white text to simply black, imo, if you want to keep the stone background for the overall post.

Years
@Sir Bastion and Doctor - I don't have any issues reading it but I'll talk to Naku about changing it since it is to be submitted very soon. Thanks for all the support guys!

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Right, so I've decided to delve into the RP world here at PC. So far all the RP's look amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back