The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Advertise here

Old June 8th, 2011, 12:04 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121

Advertise here
I started over in Black and chose Oshawott as my starter for a change. My old team is in my sig. I also traded the eggs of the Pokemon I wanted in my team from my White as early as possible. I decided to have an entirely different team this time through. I've been playing with the team for quite a while, and here it is now. Rate, tell me what you think, and what moveset changes you would recommend. (I'm not changing the actual Pokemon). They're all currently level 65-66.

Revenge | Megahorn | Surf | Ice Beam

Heat Wave | Quiver Dance | Silver Wind | Psychic

Fly | Giga Impact | Superpower | Shadow Claw

Iron Head | Payback | Power Whip | Swords Dance

Earthquake | Crunch | Stone Edge | Outrage

Brick Break | Acid Spray | Flash Cannon | Thunderbolt
Old June 8th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
I started over in Black and chose Oshawott as my starter for a change. My old team is in my sig. I also traded the eggs of the Pokemon I wanted in my team from my White as early as possible. I decided to have an entirely different team this time through. I've been playing with the team for quite a while, and here it is now. Rate, tell me what you think, and what moveset changes you would recommend. (I'm not changing the actual Pokemon). They're all currently level 65-66.

Revenge | Megahorn | Surf | Ice BeamThis is fine

Flamethrower over Heat Wave, Bug Buzz over Silver Wind

Fly | Giga Impact | Superpower | Shadow Claw Rock Slide over Giga Impact

Iron Head | Payback | Power Whip | Swords Dance This is fine

Earthquake | Crunch | Stone Edge | Outrage This is fine

Acrobatics over Acid Spray.
My Comments are in Blue. I gotta say pretty good overall.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old June 8th, 2011, 02:27 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
I already have plans to replace Silver Wind with Bug Buzz when Volcarona reaches level 70 and learns it. However, I do understand the Flamethrower over Heat Wave for the 100% accuracy.

I have Giga Impact on Braviary for the following reason: 150 base power, plus Braviary's STAB, gives it a base power of 225. Basically, it's a good move to use when no moves are super-effective.

On Eelektross, I actually make very good use of Acid Spray in a chain with Flash Cannon or Thunderbolt, taking advantage of the fact that it reduces the target's special defense by two stages.
Old June 8th, 2011, 08:25 PM
PikachuGuy
THOSE CHU'Z

I agree on the idea of rock slide. Giga Impact is pretty powerful with the added STAB, but rock slide is more reliable. But it's my personal opinion, I'm against all out attacks that require the Pokemon to recharge, they allow the foe to get back on their feet if you didn't KO them. Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, etc.
My Trade Review: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318949
Old June 8th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post

Revenge | Megahorn | Surf | Ice Beam

Fly | Giga Impact | Superpower | Shadow Claw

Iron Head | Payback | Power Whip | Swords Dance

Earthquake | Crunch | Stone Edge | Outrage

• Use Fiery Dance on Volcarona, not Flamethrower. If you're using Quiver Dance, the SpATK boost covers up for the loss of power, while Fiery Dance pays off for itself with its Charge Beam-like effect.
  • Since you're not running Strength, I'll assume that you're okay with Brave Bird over Fly, since Fly sucks. I would prefer you use Thrash over Giga Impact if you're so intent on losing a turn. 180*2 > 225, but 168.75 is the most reliable. That is, use Crush Claw. It's Braviary's strongest Normal-type move. Also use U-Turn over Shadow Claw. It doesn't get a Sheer Force boost (Brave Bird does more damage than it even when it's super-effective).
  • Gyro Ball over Iron Head. Power Whip has more than enough coverage if you're using Swords Dance. Personally, I use Curse in-game to combo up with Gyro Ball and increase his bulkiness so he can rack up more Iron Barbs damage. Forget Payback. Power Whip does more when you move second and does almost as much when super effective. Use something more useful, like Stealth Rock, Spikes, Level Ground, or *cough cough* Gravity. Careful with Thunder Wave because it ruins your Gyro Ball.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here