The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Events & Groups

Notices

Events & Groups Want to join or set up a tournament? You're in the right place! Here you can find competitions and events as well as clans and other groups.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. Posts in this forum do not add to your total post count. Four-word rule and character-limit do not apply here.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Should me do it on a battle simulator or WiFi?
WiFi 1 33.33%
Battle Simulator 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM
MightyHeracross
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Alright, well let me just say that I am very excited for this It will be my first time creating a tournament. It will be similar to how the tournaments in the anime are.

SET UP/RULES:
Spoiler:
1. It will work like an NBA playoffs or NCAA March Madness Bracket. The seeding will be done RANDOMLY.
2. Players will post their their Pokemon. They will select UP TO 10 Pokemon to register for the entire tournament. These are the ONLY Pokemon that may be used.
3. Each round will last up to 1 week, but may finish sooner depending on when the players are done battling.
4. These are to be done on a GEN V (B, W, B2, W2) game.
- If you would prefer, I will host them on the 4th generation games. That would be my preference, but I know a bunch of people are using the 4th generation games.
5. These are to be done over Nintendo WiFi Connection with Friend Codes (FC).
6. Since this is my first tournament, I will keep it small. 8 total trainers arranged like so:
7. The tournament will start the MONDAY after we have 8 teams registered.
8. Each round will start the succeeding MONDAY, so the previous rounds need to be completed at Sunday night by 10PM EST.

TEAMS:
Spoiler:
1. Players will select 3 Pokemon per battle.
2. These Pokemon must have been registered previously.
3. The individual three Pokemon do NOT need to be revealed before the battle, however must be revealed after.
4. Teams will be shown in this format:
Spoiler:
Name: (trainer name here)
Friend Code: (friend code here)
Registered Pokemon: (Pokemon to be listed in order of tier)
- UBER:
- OU:
- UU:
- RU:
- NU:

5. It is up to the battlers to arrange the date and time to conduct their battle. If one player cannot battle, it will count as a forfeit and the victory will go to the other trainer.

REGISTERED POKEMON:
Spoiler:
1. The tier list from Smogon University will be enforced.
2. Up to 1 UBER tier Pokemon registered on the teams.
3. Up to 5 OVERUSED (OU) Pokemon registered on the teams.
4. At least 2 UNDERUSED (UU) Pokemon registered on the teams.
5. At least 1 RARELY USED (RU) Pokemon registered on the teams.
6. At least 1 NEVER USED (NU) Pokemon registered on the teams.
7. The teams may have no UBER Pokemon and less than 5 OU pokemon, just so long as the registered trainer has 10 qualifying Pokemon. This is just to prevent players from using teams of (for example) Rayquaza, Arceus, Mewtwo, etc.
8. The teams may not use the same Pokemon in consecutive weeks.
9. Only 1 Pokemon may be used more than once.
10. The moves of the pokemon do NOT need to be posted. The stats/EVs/IVs/Levels do NOT need to be posted, either.

PRIZE:
Spoiler:
1. I will be offering a LV 1 Chimchar with a unique egg-moveset. This was received from an event. It is NOT the pokemon from the event, but rather a similar Chimchar bread with the same move set. The move set is as follows: Flamethrower, ThunderPunch, GrassKnot, Helping Hand. This will go to the champion.
2. As a conciliation prize, I will be offering a fossil pokemon (generation 1-4) of their choice or an Eevee. Everyone will get one just for participating.

RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

As I have said before, this is my first tournament that I am hosting. Please help me make this a memorable tournament, so I can do more. Thanks!

Last edited by MightyHeracross; November 6th, 2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old November 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM
MightyHeracross
Unhatched Egg

bump!! doesn't anyone wanna do it?!?!?
Old November 7th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
I may do it but I dont have Wi-fi. If you host this on a simulator, then i will join.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here