• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Treasures Inbound!

Years
Pokémon.com said:
Pokémon-EX Favorites—Returning ten Pokémon-EX cards, including Mewtwo-EX, Darkrai-EX, and Keldeo-EX
Different Take on Pokémon-EX—Two new Pokémon-EX cards, Chandelure-EX and Excadrill-EX, showcase evolved Pokémon as EX cards
New Radiant Collection Subset—25 "Radiant Collection" cards will have a special coating and foil patterns, in addition to having their own numbering and rarity scheme

Source: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-trading-card-game/bw_series/bw11/

So we have a release date, a subset called Radiant Collection (likely based off of what was printed in the Japanese Shiny Collection), alternate art prints of 10 already released EXs (which may include the Shiny Collection print of Mew EX as well as the reprints of the EXs from the last Japanese set, EX Battle Boost, in addition to what has already been listed above), and 2 new EX Pokémon cards that have evolved Pokémon as Pokémon-EX now. While I wasn't very excited for this set before, I'm quite excited at the prospect of getting my hands on the Shiny Collection cards in English.

Years
I don't collect the cards anymore, but that Chandelure-EX one might just change that. Soooo awesome. And I'm curious to see what they mean by "special coating and foil' patterns, what exactly is different from the older designs.

Years
For the Radiant Collection subset I'm hoping what they mean is that they're keeping the foil pattern used in the Japanese Shiny Collection. That foil pattern covers the whole freaking card and if you look at it in the right lighting it'll even form a rainbow like in my pics here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7621769&postcount=368

As for the special coating, I have no idea what they mean by that, though I haven't physically touched any of the Shiny Collection cards I own with my own hands yet.

Chandelure EX is an interesting proposition, since they've never done evolved Pokemon as a Pokemon EX before.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
They wont really be different from other Ex pokemon. They are still "Basic" pokemon. so it wont change things up too much.

Years
I also read somewhere that they would be releasing Theme Decks at the same time, but not based around Legendary Treasures - these Theme Decks would be the first X and Y cards, and we'll have to wait for another half a year or whatever to get an actual X and Y expansion.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
I'm super excited about the new set. Mostly because SHINY COLLECTION. I just really love the Growlithe in that set. ;u;

But, I am curious to see what new EXs they're tossing in there. I really want to get my hands on an English version of the (SUPER GORGEOUS) Chandelure EX.

Years
I'm super excited about the new set. Mostly because SHINY COLLECTION. I just really love the Growlithe in that set. ;u;

But, I am curious to see what new EXs they're tossing in there. I really want to get my hands on an English version of the (SUPER GORGEOUS) Chandelure EX.

If we're really lucky, we'll get all the remaining ones sent our way. If we're lucky.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
Just found out yesterday that one of the shops (semi) nearby is having a prerelease on Sunday. I'll be going and I'll be sure to offer the spoils to those who want to see~

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
I went to one today, might go to the one next Saturday. It was pretty fun, always a good time!

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Sweet. Did you pull anything good?

I'm so excited for the pretty Tornadus EX.

I didn't know what the Pre-Release promo was until I got there, and I thought it was cool when I found out it was Tornadus EX.

What I pulled:

DarkraiEX, MewEX, ShayminEX, and Emolga.

Holos: Victini, Zekrom, Terrakion, and Rayquaza.

Reverse Holos: Solosis (common), Lucario (rare), Cobalion (rare), and Deino (common)

Back