• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yugioh: Single & Tag Tournaments!

SetheKing

"Ignore him, for he...Yeah, he's dumb."
Years
Lost 0-2 to Mr. X and Francois. Plus had a cool conversation about old cards and new cards made for old deck-types.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I'm not sure if anyone else has felt the same but something I've really enjoyed about this tournament so far is how different all the decks have been. I've honestly not encountered a single strategy used, bar Ozzy's batteries, and it's fun to see all these new (or rather, old) styles. Honestly I've felt a bit bad at times for using Harpies because they're a rather modern deck now, but I would have felt weird using anything else haha.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Defeated SetheKing 2-0 with 60-card highlander.

I wonder if that's viable against the field? The immediate answer is probably not, since crunch-style advantage-grinding decks lose to combo decks, of which we have too many representatives in this tournament. Unfortunate.

Question: is Fire Formation Tenki available for use? It's not actually part of the Fire Fist archetype, just the Fire Formation archetype, and while Fire Fists support it, it does not necessarily support Fire Fists. Also it's just a really useful card (RotA for Beast-Warriors! and then some).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
If anyone is around on YgoPro then VM/PM me! I'll probably be online only for an hour or so before I go away for the weekend ;-;.

Using a custom deck which is going to be awful, just warning :P.

//My "Tailwind" deck beat Ozzy 2-0. Good games though, kept swinging from side to side.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Swifty beat me 2-0 with his new deck oops. Remind me to use my good decks in future. XD

Question: is Fire Formation Tenki available for use? It's not actually part of the Fire Fist archetype, just the Fire Formation archetype, and while Fire Fists support it, it does not necessarily support Fire Fists. Also it's just a really useful card (RotA for Beast-Warriors! and then some).
I'm okay with it being used, yes! I'll have to check with François to confirm but I'm fine with it as long as it's kept away from Fire Fists. :)

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Wait, can I use my Atlantean deck? It uses no Mermails. =D

If not, I'm going back to Exodia. My magicians suck. D; DUEL MEH

Cirrus

Years
Atlanteans aren't even part of the Mermail archetype, Mermails just stole them... because they're a powerful WATER-attribute advantage engine.

Cirrus

Years
Lost 0-2 to BloodexX's Exodia deck. Shamefuru disupuray. Exodia pls! I need to run Armades or something.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Atlanteans aren't even part of the Mermail archetype, Mermails just stole them... because they're a powerful WATER-attribute advantage engine.
Honestly Atlanteans may as well be Mermails, it's no coincidence that two archetypes that work so well together came out at the same time.

Cirrus

Years
Honestly Atlanteans may as well be Mermails, it's no coincidence that two archetypes that work so well together came out at the same time.

They were meant to work together, but the fact that Konami released Mermails and Atlanteans at the same time and they happen to synergize doesn't mean that Atlantean isn't a useful pool of cards to use by itself with other cards (because there are a lot of other cards that are able to use WATER monsters as costs, like Tidal, Fishborg Archer, and insert WATER Xyz here)... Additionally, they do have some of their own archetype-specific support, so.

It's essentially the same situation with Fire Fist - Bear / Tenki / Wolfberk and Flame Kings. Flame King is a fine archetype by itself and semi-usable but becomes significantly better after the addition of those key pivot cards. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Late, but beat Cirrus (2-0) and lost to Ozzy (1-2). I hate Gem-Knights, they kill my Exodia deck. =( Well, one monster does, anyway.

Back